PDA

View Full Version : gr-EGG (head) Williams

Ebenezer
08-18-2003, 11:06 AM
OK folks. I haven't hidden my feelings. I think the guy is a first class clod. Not much smarter than a clump of grass.

How many games does gr-EGG make it this year before being fired?

WG
08-18-2003, 11:15 AM
I say Gilbride goes before Williams does.

If the team starts poorly it's gonna be just as much the O's fault as it will be the D's this year.

I say clean house completely. I really wish we had hired Marvin Lewis! Too late tho!

I'm not too disappointed w/ the D coaching. They've done more w/ less as opposed to the O which has done less w/ the most!

WG
08-18-2003, 11:16 AM
Williams will be here thru the season if he is gonna get let go. If we start 5-3 or better and play well during that stretch, look for an extension.

BillsNick
08-18-2003, 11:22 AM
It is so amazing how some of you start "circling the wagons" after the SECOND preseason game. lets not be so hasty guys, I know that if the Bills do in fact have a solid record half way through the season, we won't be hearing this. just relax- see thread: Relax, fellas.

kgun12
08-18-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
OK folks. I haven't hidden my feelings. I think the guy is a first class clod. Not much smarter than a clump of grass.

How many games does gr-EGG make it this year before being fired?

WOW PRE-SEASON game 2. I have read a lot of crap since Sat. It amazes me how bad this team is after 2 games. We are firing all the coaches, the offense is so bad they the experts think their performance was the reason for the black out Friday night, the Defense is offensive, and billy the buffalo is gay! I can't believe I root for this team!

Come on people you are in mid season form, and it's still August. I think some people need to take a break. Watch a little Little League World Series, these kids are reallly good.

BTW Wys I agree Gilbride will be fired first!

WG
08-18-2003, 12:16 PM
Nick,

There won't be any wagons to circle after the Pats game if we don't pick it up this Saturday. N.E.'s hit the ground running from last season.

I'm not sure he will be, but he'll be the one taking the most heat from the fans IMO. TD hired him over GW's head, so GW shouldn't take the heat for that, TD should. Having said that, there's a reason TD hired him, but it has little to do w/ past performance if you know anything about Gilbride.

So who knows what TD will do. TD's done some very good things, but he's done some very sketchy ones too.

Sketchy ones:

Constantly hired has-been, washed-up, and injured players or players who are aging and coming off injuries while ignoring some very affordable step-up guys at the same positions.

Drafting guys like Denney and Kelsay and then trying to tell us that "they're special" when IMO neither was worth even a third rounder.

Signing 20 players in the hopes of finding 4 to fill spots instead of simply signing one or two really good ones when we can afford it.

He likes KG! Why is beyond me. Friends I suppose. But IMO, we get rid of KG, Drew isn't far behind. I truly do not think that we're gonna give Drew an extension or keep him beyond '04. IMO the cat will be WAY outta the bag by mid-season.

I can understand the Drew move from a "ticket sales" perspective, but now we need to win games!

kgun12
08-18-2003, 12:27 PM
Wys your forgot his sketchiest move of all Drafting McGahee when there were ssooo many other needs than a RB!

ArcticWildMan
08-18-2003, 12:41 PM
Unreal. We haven't even played a regular season game and some of you are already trying to fire coaches. :shakeno:

Ebenezer
08-18-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
Unreal. We haven't even played a regular season game and some of you are already trying to fire coaches. :shakeno:

Been trying since 4th and 2 at the Pats 32 last season. Haven't heard or seen anything to change my mind.

cordog
08-18-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by BillsNick
It is so amazing how some of you start "circling the wagons" after the SECOND preseason game. lets not be so hasty guys, I know that if the Bills do in fact have a solid record half way through the season, we won't be hearing this. just relax- see thread: Relax, fellas.

These will be the same people calling for Gregg's contract to be extended when they are 9-3

Ebenezer
08-18-2003, 01:28 PM
BTW, even though I want him gone I do believe that he will receive an extention.

socalfan
08-18-2003, 03:01 PM
Maybe TD can draft well, but do you honestly think he can evaluate coaches well enough to hire someone better? Given the changes in the coaching staff the last two years, I gotta think that maybe TD should head up the scouting group instead.

Throne Logic
08-18-2003, 03:09 PM
KGun, nice call the Little League World Series. I caught a bit of that. Nice to see the game played for all the right reasons.

BillsFever
08-18-2003, 04:12 PM
I guess we should replace Gregg Williams with Ebenezer, and Tom Donahoe with Wys.

Williams and Donahoe doesn't even come close. We will win at least 4 SB's in a row to make up for the 4 losses.

Historian
08-18-2003, 08:55 PM
I said the moron should have been fired after the 3-13 season in which everyone thought we were a playoff team, that "only needed a little discipline" I'm still waiting to see:
1. West Coast Offense
2. 4-6 Defense
3. Discipline
4. Coaches teach
5. Any semblence of a playoff calibre team.

Dennis Green is still out there. At least his teams were always prepared.

bernielivsey_1
08-18-2003, 10:07 PM
:pow:He's had 2 seasons and 2 pre games for us to base and opinion. :smoke: Hey Marty Morningweg is still available. :doh:

chubluv
08-18-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
OK folks. Not much smarter than a clump of grass.

So you are saying that Clumps grass is smarter?:scratch:

Ebenezer
08-18-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by chubluv
So you are saying that Clumps grass is smarter?:scratch:

I was waiting for that.

Halbert
08-18-2003, 11:13 PM
Fire Williams! Bring back Stephenson. Or Bullough.

SABURZFAN
08-19-2003, 02:21 AM
this moron should have been fired after the 4th and 2 punt on new england's 32.

SABURZFAN
08-19-2003, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Halbert
Fire Williams! Bring back Stephenson. Or Bullough.

yes
no
no

WCoastFin
08-19-2003, 02:49 PM
16 but fired after the season