PDA

View Full Version : With Vick out, does Peerless have a Falcon chance in Atlanta ?

Dolphan666
08-18-2003, 08:27 PM
If they have a non-running QB, he should see more balls his way now.

What do you think ?

RedEyE
08-18-2003, 08:56 PM
Doug Johnson is a pretty decent backup, but they will hurt without Vick. Atlanta's season is over. Vick isn't due back until October.

Dolphan666
08-18-2003, 09:05 PM
When you have a QB named Doug, you can't go wrong...

And a Johnson to boot! Ohhhhhhh the irony!!!!! :D

casdhf
08-18-2003, 09:37 PM
Johnson is good, but no threat to run...that takes a spy off the QB and adds another man to peerless...who else would they double? Brian Kozlowski? lol We'll see if he's a true #1 now, not just a guy complementing a star QB

Dolphan666
08-18-2003, 09:41 PM
I always thought Peerless was always a # 2 (medically speaking)

WG
08-18-2003, 10:48 PM
Price isn't gonna know what hit him this year!

He's gonna be doubled every single game. Now that teams don't have to keep 7 men in the box to control Vick, Price will be lucky to be even close to last year's marks in a more traditional O.

WG
08-18-2003, 10:48 PM
Just wait until the first time a penalty doesn't go his way too! He'll go ballistic, lose 15, and get ejected.

MDFINFAN
08-19-2003, 12:14 AM
Or, you may see a reciever come into his own. Price is fast and teams will have to respect that speed. He's use to catching passes and has confidence thanks to the Bills training grounds. You guys might be surprised. I might be wrong, then again I might be right.

WG
08-19-2003, 01:29 AM
You can't build an entire career purely on speed alone. He'll need temperament which he doesn't have. He's not great double-covered which he's gonna be constantly. Moulds is decent doubled. I just don't see Price being nearly that good.

You have to remember that the only reason that Price put up those kinds of numbers is b/c we had an O that dropped back to throw well over 650 times. If we had run more, Price's #s likely would have been 70 for 900 and 6. No one would be saying he's some sort of superstar.

We put way too much credence into stats w/o looking at what's behind them. Same w/ Drew. 4,400 yards but only 24 TDs? That's one of my biggest criticisms about him.

Just for comparison sake:

Green had 26 TDs on 3,690 yards
Brooks 27 on 3,572
Favre 27 on 3,678
Brady 28 on 3,764
Pennington 22 on 3,120
B.Johnson 22 on 3,049
McNair 22 on 3,387

Not one of those guys had either the talent that Drew had at WR/TE/RB other than Brooks and Green who had only the RBs.

To whom much is given, much is expected!

SABURZFAN
08-19-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Just wait until the first time a penalty doesn't go his way too! He'll go ballistic, lose 15, and get ejected.

not to mention his :woeisme: attitude too.

DraftBoy
08-19-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
You can't build an entire career purely on speed alone. He'll need temperament which he doesn't have. He's not great double-covered which he's gonna be constantly. Moulds is decent doubled. I just don't see Price being nearly that good.

You have to remember that the only reason that Price put up those kinds of numbers is b/c we had an O that dropped back to throw well over 650 times. If we had run more, Price's #s likely would have been 70 for 900 and 6. No one would be saying he's some sort of superstar.

We put way too much credence into stats w/o looking at what's behind them. Same w/ Drew. 4,400 yards but only 24 TDs? That's one of my biggest criticisms about him.

Just for comparison sake:

Green had 26 TDs on 3,690 yards
Brooks 27 on 3,572
Favre 27 on 3,678
Brady 28 on 3,764
Pennington 22 on 3,120
B.Johnson 22 on 3,049
McNair 22 on 3,387

Not one of those guys had either the talent that Drew had at WR/TE/RB other than Brooks and Green who had only the RBs.

To whom much is given, much is expected!

Just for arguments sake lets say this: Peerless Price was the #1 WR on the Tennessee Vols, the year they won the Fiesta Bowl, he was in double coverage alot of that game and still had and amazing game. As fot the Qb's you listed 3 of those guys (B. Johnson, Pennington, and Brady) all relied on speed WR for their passing games, so to say speed cant build a career, Im gonna argue and say it can as long as you dont have hands of stone. As for his attitude at least it shows heart something that our team is not showing right now, I would have easily doubled his salary if he could bring some of his heart to this team.

Patrick76777
08-19-2003, 08:52 AM
I hope Price does well. I thought it was a move we had to make for the sake of balance so I hold no Ill will toward him.

And this may help him. Unlike most of the free world, I had not yet fallen in love with Vick. He runs too much. The Falcons first five games are not exactly tough. I bet they come out of the gates strong. That D is sweet.

Remeber when Trent Green went down in Rams camp a few years ago? Who took his place that year?

IHateTheDullphins
08-19-2003, 09:00 AM
Price will be one of the most penalized wr's in the game, and everyone is out to get him so he won't have a great year, or i hope he doesn't. he's what we call on my side of the tracks a beotch. the price is wrong

ryven
08-19-2003, 09:07 AM
Price might still do well as long as he doesnt have to go over the middle.

Ð
08-19-2003, 12:19 PM
Will he pay the Price ?