PDA

View Full Version : Is Tampa Bay's Season Finished?

Halbert
08-18-2003, 08:43 PM
The Bucs starters have looked terrible. The offense can't score and shoots itself in the foot turning the ball over for a TD. Brad Johnson is hugely overrated, imo. The defense knows the pass is coming yet it can't stop Warner or Bulger.

Is the Buccaneers season over? The whole team looks like its sleepwalking. That's all coaching and if he can't get the team to focus then Jon Gruden should be fired.

BillsFever
08-18-2003, 08:59 PM
They will be lucky to win 4 games this year.

Dolphan666
08-18-2003, 09:03 PM
Unbelievable, were you watching the same game I was ? What do I have to do to get my point across ?

Make sure you completely discount that TD run by Pittman and they suck even more.

Also, I wonder how they played against top 6 teams ? Those scrubs Miami & St Louis didn't even make the playoffs.

Could you please roll back the game tape, review it six times & reference (double-spaced) by time of play, color-coding each scoring drive in a # 2 manilla folder. I'll go easy on ya, becasues it's preseason (you should be reviewing game tape 10 times for regular season games).

BillsFever
08-18-2003, 09:06 PM
If Gruden doesn't get fired after this game I'll be very surprised. Any coach that allows the opponents to complete the first 13 passes of the game has no place in Tampa.

Dolphan666
08-18-2003, 09:16 PM
They need to straighten this train out before the third quarter ends v. ST. Louis

Sabre Ally
08-18-2003, 09:25 PM
I'm not even watching, I just voted 'no' to be different. :D

Dolphan666
08-18-2003, 09:29 PM
I've gotta say, WHAT A SLUG!!!

Anyone arguing contrary, I simply can say I have no idea what you're watching!

LarryBoy
08-18-2003, 09:32 PM
Say it with me......Preseason.

Dolphan666
08-18-2003, 09:43 PM
Does the play of the Bucs thus far not concern you?

LarryBoy
08-18-2003, 09:48 PM
Nope, just like the play of the Bills doesnt eithor. Untill some one unseats them, the are the SB champs, and over the off season they didnt lose very much at all. Will they go back this year? I donno, but I wont say they are going to go 4-12 based on one preseason game after they looked good in their first 2.

Dolphan666
08-18-2003, 09:52 PM
In the preseason you're supposed to work out the chemistry quirks and team play and look for new starters to replace problem areas.

In the preseason your start players ought to be relatively refined and at least average heading into the season.

LarryBoy
08-18-2003, 09:56 PM
The Bills didnt win many games in preseason in the suberbowl run years? I believe alot of things are tried in preseason that wouldnt be in a normal game. The Bucs will be fine....after all, look at Jets who looked HORID the first bunch of weeks in the regualar season last year. And the Bucs are better then the Jets.

Dolphan666
08-18-2003, 10:04 PM
Well, we'll see what happens. If it's like this again, then I don't know what's gonna happen. It certainly won't raise our hopes!

WG
08-18-2003, 10:27 PM
Oh, please stop!!

You guys are killing me, I can't stop laughing!

:rolleyes:

T.B.: Superbowl
Bills: 8-8 and SUCKED last 10

Great comparison fellas! Good to see that you've come around in the analysis department! Nice!

At least T.B.'s first team D has only allowed 3 points, vice what, 28 in two games!

Nice job of analyzing the similarities between the two. As soon as we add a comics section here at BZ I'll be the first to let y'all know...

:rolleyes:

:D

WG
08-18-2003, 10:28 PM
Apparently we're having difficulties telling the difference between starters and non-starters...

I'm sorry 'bout that!

Dolphan666
08-18-2003, 10:44 PM
No one can argue that (insert this season's whipping boy) isn't playing well. Given that he's coming off of an 11 game CRAP streak, one of the things that I was looking for, and justafiably so in PS, was his own personal improvement.

Again, add in those two dropped balls if you want, he's still not playing well!!!

He's 1 for 6 on third downs!

That's 5 stalled drives b/c of him! Not good when you only played 8 or so drives.

Philagape
08-18-2003, 10:44 PM
OK, I'm Malcolm Glazer:

"Chucky, I know you won the Super Bowl last year, but I'm sorry, when that compares to stinking up the first two preseason games, that just doesn't cut it. We gave up those draft picks for you to win preseason games, not Super Bowls. And now those picks are wasted. Chucky, you're a disgrace and you're fired."

Dolphan666
08-18-2003, 10:45 PM
But we have a job for you at Pubix, so no hard feelings, eh ?

imbondz
08-18-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by LarryBoy
Say it with me......Preseason.

Preseason.

WG
08-18-2003, 10:57 PM
Hey 666, I think he was 0-for-5 personally. We'll see how we do moving the ball v. the Rams at home.

Pubix? LOL

Was that intentional?

shelby
08-19-2003, 04:39 AM
Gruden would end up back at Hooters.

:rofl:

Patrick76777
08-19-2003, 07:47 AM
Good one Halbert.

Halbert
08-20-2003, 06:20 PM
lol. i have to admit i was grinning loudly when i wrote it. then i came back later to read the responses and was laughing hysterically. still am. good thing mark's always a good sport about these type of things. lol.

Dozerdog
08-20-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Halbert
The Bucs starters have looked terrible. The offense can't score and shoots itself in the foot turning the ball over for a TD. Brad Johnson is hugely overrated, imo. The defense knows the pass is coming yet it can't stop Warner or Bulger.

Is the Buccaneers season over? The whole team looks like its sleepwalking. That's all coaching and if he can't get the team to focus then Jon Gruden should be fired.

It was all over the minute they cut Rob johnson

The_Philster
08-20-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
It was all over the minute they cut Rob johnson

:rofl: How did Wys get ahold of Dozer's password?

Buczilla
08-23-2003, 01:01 AM
Well, we all know (at least according to Cards fans) preseason games are everything. I mean, come on, losing a preseason game is quite possibly the worst thing that can happen, but, if you manage to win one... who needs a lombardi trophy?!!?