• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • echo_bravo
    Zoner
    • Aug 2002

The Bills got lucky

I hate to spoil your little victory party over the Vikes, but you guys got REALLy lucky.

Not Patriot lucky or Bears lucky, BUT REALLY LUCKY.

For instance, Drew Blowsoe fumbled the snap twice and was lucky enough that the opposing defense was too stupid to just fall on it.

Didi I even mention the fact that the Vikes kicker missed TWO extra points?! You see, if he made those there wouldnt have been any OT.

Man, the Broncos are going to crush you guys. Enjoy this lucky win while it lasts.

GO FINS!
  • ArcticWildMan

Oh yeah...the gadfly has returned

Comment

• 4thAndLong
      I'm Really 4 and Short
      • Sep 2002

Cant even take it like a man, sheesh!

A win is a win buddy. Suck it up, and run off with your your pink little skirt over to the Phins board.

Comment

• 4thAndLong
        I'm Really 4 and Short
        • Sep 2002

Oh, If we were lucky I guess,

The phins were lucky Manning was horrible

the phins were lucky the Colts D sucks (and still could only score 21)

Man, the Jets are going to crush you guys! Enjoy this lucky win while it lasts!

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
          Expert on Experts
          • Jul 2002

First of all, 463 yards passing isnt all luck.

secondly, even if we did get lucky, last time I checked that was part of the game. We still won.

please dont be THAT GUY that comes here and whines about luck every time we win a game. If you are gonna come here and talk football, fine. If you are gonna be a whiner, please spare us.

Comment

• MissBuffalo
            Quiddity
            • Jul 2002

Lucky win--LOL--that's BS!!!! I'm sure Bledsoe's 463 yards passing and Price's 185 yards receiving (I could be wrong, but I think they're leading the league) were pure luck too, huh?????
            We'll handle Denver--no problem.
            See me here pushing you
            If I then deny I do
            Contemplate or wish away
            If I ask you not to stay

Comment

• Halbert
              I'm Not Normal
              • Jul 2002

Every team that wins every weekend gets lucky. No game is ever all skill. 2-3 plays per game usually determine the outcome.

As I was watching the game over again I noticed a bunch of plays/calls that the Vikings got that were certainly lucky. In the end, I think the luck was pretty even in that game, actually. You can't call the hits that made Daunte fumble lucky. Or all the catches Peerless made. Or the 2 50+ yard kicks.
              Last edited by Halbert; 09-17-2002, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Hey The phins played a nice game and I can admit that. It is sad to see that this tool is to much of a jerk to give us any props.

Comment

• BillsMan80
                  Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
                  • Jul 2002

We were waiting for you...and to be honest with you, we weren't lucky...We took advantage of the chances given to us. That is not luck.
                  The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
                  THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• DIHARD2
                    • Sep 2002

There is a saying that, if the ball falls the right way we can win some games. That last fifty yard field goal is a good example. But you had to be in the game in order or to capitalize on that situation. The yardage and the defensive plays that we capitalize on were not luck. We were in the position that when the ball fell the right way for us we took advantage and won the game. Ninety percent work ten percent luck.

I hope you fish enjoy your little pitted time on top.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...
                    "The right of free speech is the God given right of each man to make an ass of himself." B Franklin

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                      • Jul 2002

There was definitely some luck in that game. But hey, we were inversely unlucky the week prior!

Like everyone said, Drew didn't toss up 463 yards due to luck, or Price, Reed, and Moulds have stellar days due to luck. Luck is sometimes a part of the game.

I guess you could say the TOs by the Vikes were luck too. I'd say we forced most of them if not all 3.

Brien missing 2 PATs and a FG, sure, some luck. But hey, we kicked the crap out of the Jets and lost that one on luck too.

I'm just glad to see some "luck" come our way for a change!

1-1!!!
                      Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• northernbillfan
                        Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                        I'm just glad to see some "luck" come our way for a change!
                        Amen to that brother. The Bills have been on the recieving end of MAJOR bad luck over the years, the Karma account is overflowing. We are due for a good return on investment.

Originally posted by 4thAndLong
                        A win is a win buddy. Suck it up, and run off with your your pink little skirt over to the Phins board.
                        He was banned over there, that's why he comes here.

He never backs up what he posts. This is the true definition of a Post and Run. Look at his post count and days active, 1 per day. Don't let him fire us up too much, that we say something we'll regret.

Next time he drops a bomb like this on us, let's NOT reply to it.
                        When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• don137
                          • Jul 2002

That just proves the intelligence of Dolphin fans (except Phins054). They know little about football and prove it with posts like that. No need to get fired up over stupidity.

Luck is involved in every game. Every team that won last week got lucky on a few plays.

Comment

• quizlet2003
                            Veteran Zoner
                            • Sep 2002

That explains it all. LUCKY SMUCKY, we freken won. be happy

Comment

• Sabre Ally
                              • Jul 2002

Comment

Working...
                              X