PDA

View Full Version : The Bills got lucky

echo_bravo
09-17-2002, 07:52 PM
I hate to spoil your little victory party over the Vikes, but you guys got REALLy lucky.

Not Patriot lucky or Bears lucky, BUT REALLY LUCKY.

For instance, Drew Blowsoe fumbled the snap twice and was lucky enough that the opposing defense was too stupid to just fall on it.

Didi I even mention the fact that the Vikes kicker missed TWO extra points?! You see, if he made those there wouldnt have been any OT.

Man, the Broncos are going to crush you guys. Enjoy this lucky win while it lasts.

GO FINS!

ArcticWildMan
09-17-2002, 07:54 PM
Oh yeah...the gadfly has returned :rolleyes:

4thAndLong
09-17-2002, 07:59 PM
Cant even take it like a man, sheesh!

A win is a win buddy. Suck it up, and run off with your your pink little skirt over to the Phins board.

4thAndLong
09-17-2002, 08:00 PM
Oh, If we were lucky I guess,

The phins were lucky Manning was horrible

the phins were lucky the Colts D sucks (and still could only score 21)

Man, the Jets are going to crush you guys! Enjoy this lucky win while it lasts!

SoCalBillsFan
09-17-2002, 08:01 PM
First of all, 463 yards passing isnt all luck.

secondly, even if we did get lucky, last time I checked that was part of the game. We still won.

please dont be THAT GUY that comes here and whines about luck every time we win a game. If you are gonna come here and talk football, fine. If you are gonna be a whiner, please spare us.

MissBuffalo
09-17-2002, 08:04 PM
Lucky win--LOL--that's BS!!!! I'm sure Bledsoe's 463 yards passing and Price's 185 yards receiving (I could be wrong, but I think they're leading the league) were pure luck too, huh?????
We'll handle Denver--no problem.

Halbert
09-17-2002, 08:10 PM
Every team that wins every weekend gets lucky. No game is ever all skill. 2-3 plays per game usually determine the outcome.

As I was watching the game over again I noticed a bunch of plays/calls that the Vikings got that were certainly lucky. In the end, I think the luck was pretty even in that game, actually. You can't call the hits that made Daunte fumble lucky. Or all the catches Peerless made. Or the 2 50+ yard kicks.

THATHURMANATOR
09-17-2002, 09:07 PM
Hey The phins played a nice game and I can admit that. It is sad to see that this tool is to much of a jerk to give us any props.

BillsMan80
09-17-2002, 10:00 PM
We were waiting for you...and to be honest with you, we weren't lucky...We took advantage of the chances given to us. That is not luck.

DIHARD2
09-17-2002, 10:13 PM
There is a saying that, if the ball falls the right way we can win some games. That last fifty yard field goal is a good example. But you had to be in the game in order or to capitalize on that situation. The yardage and the defensive plays that we capitalize on were not luck. We were in the position that when the ball fell the right way for us we took advantage and won the game. Ninety percent work ten percent luck.

I hope you fish enjoy your little pitted time on top.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

WG
09-18-2002, 12:39 AM
There was definitely some luck in that game. But hey, we were inversely unlucky the week prior!

Like everyone said, Drew didn't toss up 463 yards due to luck, or Price, Reed, and Moulds have stellar days due to luck. Luck is sometimes a part of the game.

I guess you could say the TOs by the Vikes were luck too. I'd say we forced most of them if not all 3.

Brien missing 2 PATs and a FG, sure, some luck. But hey, we kicked the crap out of the Jets and lost that one on luck too.

I'm just glad to see some "luck" come our way for a change!

1-1!!!

northernbillfan
09-18-2002, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
I'm just glad to see some "luck" come our way for a change!

Amen to that brother. The Bills have been on the recieving end of MAJOR bad luck over the years, the Karma account is overflowing. We are due for a good return on investment.

Originally posted by 4thAndLong
A win is a win buddy. Suck it up, and run off with your your pink little skirt over to the Phins board.
He was banned over there, that's why he comes here.

He never backs up what he posts. This is the true definition of a Post and Run. Look at his post count and days active, 1 per day. Don't let him fire us up too much, that we say something we'll regret.

Next time he drops a bomb like this on us, let's NOT reply to it.

don137
09-18-2002, 05:32 AM
That just proves the intelligence of Dolphin fans (except Phins054). They know little about football and prove it with posts like that. No need to get fired up over stupidity.

Luck is involved in every game. Every team that won last week got lucky on a few plays.

quizlet2003
09-18-2002, 06:07 AM
http://www.billsfanzone.com/images/awards/yellowcard.gif
That explains it all. LUCKY SMUCKY, we freken won. be happy

Sabre Ally
09-18-2002, 02:42 PM
http://members.aol.com/johnbell78//Kettle.jpg

Drewpac
09-18-2002, 03:18 PM
Talk about lucky!!! I think the Dolphins were lucky with their easy early season schedule.

Beat a 2-14 team at home. Pretty Impressive!
Barely beat 5-11 team this week. Especially lucky that that bonehead Dungy tried to run EJ 4 straight times into the same spot.

ublinkwescore
09-18-2002, 07:44 PM
Yeah, we were a little lucky - I'll admit it, the two point afters missed by Doug Brien, and our crossbar bouncing fieldgoal to send it into overtime so we could win it. We'll be getting lucky again later on in the season when Fiedler starts to fall apart, Ricky Williams is injured, and Bledsoe just completely dismantles your secondary with Moulds, Price, Reed, and the occasional dump off to Centers.

You know what's gonna be really sad? The fact that your Phins are gonna be going through Cap he!!, and we'll be sitting pretty on top of the entire AFC - especially when you take into consideration that the Bills schedule next year couldn't possibly be as difficult next year as it is projected to be this year. I hope you guys enjoy your next three seasons after this one as a 5-11 team, a 6-10 team, and an 8-8 with some lucky bounces team.
It's really good to be a Bills fan - especially now.

The BIGGEST Bills fan on the West Coast - Reigning out of Atwater, Ca. - ublinkwescore - you blink, we score.

Cntrygal
09-18-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by northernbillfan

Next time he drops a bomb like this on us, let's NOT reply to it.

and don't forget to RATE his post. :D

WCoastFin
09-19-2002, 12:10 AM
Ya you guys played 2 ugly defenses thats the only reason your team looked good.

THATHURMANATOR
09-19-2002, 12:10 AM
F U WCF

WCoastFin
09-19-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
F U WCF

That wasnt very nice.....buts its good to see the truth hurts!:laughter:

THATHURMANATOR
09-19-2002, 12:25 AM
No I am not hurt in any way. A win is a win in my book and since I am sure you didn't watch the game that makes you an ignorant jerk as usual. The Bills played well. Hey I am not ashamed to say I watched the phins and I will give them props for playing a great game.

WCoastFin
09-19-2002, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
No I am not hurt in any way. A win is a win in my book and since I am sure you didn't watch the game that makes you an ignorant jerk as usual. The Bills played well. Hey I am not ashamed to say I watched the phins and I will give them props for playing a great game.

Ya your right a W is a W.....But lets face the facts here you bearly won your last game and you lost your first game.

THATHURMANATOR
09-19-2002, 12:30 AM
I will agree with that but the Bills of last season would never have been able to pull that last game out which makes me much more excited about this team.

lordofgun
09-19-2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
Ya you guys played 2 ugly defenses thats the only reason your team looked good.

Yeah, and Detroit and Indy have GREAT defenses. :rolleyes:

Stupid finfans. Try to think before you type.

mchurchfie
09-19-2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by WCoastFin

Ya your right a W is a W.....But lets face the facts here you bearly won your last game and you lost your first game.

That's okay WCoastard..your fins will do their usual chokejob against The Jets. You are their little b-tches to slap around as they please. The only team I know that makes Vinnie look like the second coming of Dan Fouts...bahaaaaaa!!!!!:eek: :rolleyes:

lordofgun
09-19-2002, 12:32 AM
Oh, and BTW, you were lucky to get such an easy schedule to start the year. You were VERY lucky to beat the Colts.

lordofgun
09-19-2002, 12:33 AM
They make Vinny look better than Marino ever dreamed to be!

SABURZFAN
09-19-2002, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by 4thAndLong
Cant even take it like a man, sheesh!

they added pink with the teal and orange?he wears it well.

SABURZFAN
09-19-2002, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by mchurchfie

That's okay WCoastard..your fins will do their usual chokejob against The Jets. You are their little b-tches to slap around as they please. The only team I know that makes Vinnie look like the second coming of Dan Fouts...bahaaaaaa!!!!!:eek: :rolleyes:

i thought it was WCoasturd.

(SABURZFAN throws red flag onto the field)

"after further review......the name still stands."

you're right,church.i'm :mad: because i burned a TO.

LVGrown
09-19-2002, 10:32 AM
dont you remember Ace Ventura pulled out the pink tootoo with the teal and orange when he was in the nut house looking for ex fish players!

Erin

WCoastFin
09-19-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Drewpac
Talk about lucky!!! I think the Dolphins were lucky with their easy early season schedule.

Beat a 2-14 team at home. Pretty Impressive!
Barely beat 5-11 team this week. Especially lucky that that bonehead Dungy tried to run EJ 4 straight times into the same spot.

Since when are the Lions 2-14? and the colts 5-11?

MissBuffalo
09-19-2002, 12:02 PM
The Lions were 2 and 14 last season and the Colts were 6 and 10. Good job Fins--LOL!!! LUCKY??

Earthquake Enyart
09-19-2002, 12:06 PM
No, the luckiest team around is da Bears. A lot of strange things have been happening since Walter Payton died.

ublinkwescore
09-19-2002, 12:52 PM
WCoastTurd, grow up - so what if the Dolphins have the series advantage against us. You guys still choke every year - it's not like you'll ever get past the divisional playoffs. I remember that one year when you guys played the Seahawks in the Wildcard game, and won - how dumb can your team be - they should have lost it so that they could get a lower draft choice then us (the year we went 11-5, swept the fish - 23-18, and 23-3, and made Marino and Jimmy Johnson fight like two fat little schoolgirls - one of them with a whiteboy fro - over a school lunch trade negotiation gone wrong). Is it just me, or do the phins have the ugliest uniforms in all of professional sports aside from the Arizona Diamondback, and the Anaheim Mighty Ducks (I'd personally rank the fish as first). I can explain the reason for the Dolphins' stupidity - Buffalo has been secretly shipping their sewage waste down to Florida, and deliberately dumped it in places where it would get into the water table - causing Dolphins fans, players, front office personell (floridians in general) to unwittingly drink it, and it must have caused a chemical imbalance in their brains or something - how else do you explain the stupidity of Floridians - the Florida recount thing, Elian Gonzales, to stupid to notice Terrorists training in their backyards - doesn't happen in Buffalo. Buffalo is a utopia compared to Miami - we wouldn't have it any other way.