PDA

View Full Version : Monday night camp

justasportsfan
08-18-2003, 11:03 PM
Went to camp and these are just a few things I noticed.

For some reason the D kept breaking through the OL. I don't know if this was intentional but if it wasn't , I'd say the OL was horrible.

Sam Adams looked decent and pushed back the OL a few times.

Spikes was back. Seems like he didn't give it his all. Stevenson seems like he was all over the place though. Posey looks fast out there.

Bobby Shaw caught some good balls. All of a sudden he's getting thrown to a lot and catching them.

Travis Brown :down: . Don't think he'll ever amount to anything. Drew on the other hand has held on to the ball too long a couple of times. Made some good throws but was lucky they weren't hitting or he would've been sacked a lot out there. Van Pelt still seems to be the better of the three out there.

Lindell has power behind those legs. He was kicking from 30 yards but based on the height and distance, he could very well have kicked from 50.

They were switching the DE a lot and seems to me Mckenzie outstood the most. Marcus Jones was working hard but I doubt he's 100%.

Henry looks great out there as usual. Made quite a few runs aginst the ist D.

Sorry if the report isn't well done. Didn't have a pen to write on. Mike should have his report tomorrow.

Ebenezer
08-18-2003, 11:10 PM
I will say this...the practice is really crisp but it is so well scripted that they don't leave any room to focus on something that is having trouble.

Ebenezer
08-18-2003, 11:13 PM
Oh, BTW, it was great to meat Justa and see Mike again...Eb Jr. had a blast. I can't add much more to what Justa said. I do think that each receiver has great hands. There were very few dropped balls. However, the D line was getting good push and many of the plays would have been sacks if it was a real game.

justasportsfan
08-18-2003, 11:20 PM
Same here Eb. Trying to post the pics but they're too large.

Ebenezer
08-18-2003, 11:28 PM
Sorry, can't help you there. Need oneof the techie guys to help you out.

MDFINFAN
08-19-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

Justa when you post the pics at the end, give them width and height measurements, for example.

Http://whereever they're at.jpg width=200 height=200

when they come up you can play with the width and height to get what you want.

MDFINFAN
08-19-2003, 12:03 AM
btw, justa or eb, did your DE's get any penetration on pass rush or was it just up the gut?

Earthquake Enyart
08-19-2003, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Oh, BTW, it was great to meat Justa and see Mike again

:bigmike:

justasportsfan
08-19-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
btw, justa or eb, did your DE's get any penetration on pass rush or was it just up the gut?

It was a mixture of both DE's and lb's. I saw Stevenson(50) get to the qb a couple of times. At first I thought it was Spikes (51). :scratch:

During the sprints at the end of practice Sam Adams was always last. Couldn't finish the entire sprint :laughter: Drew actually hung in there with everyone. His 2-3 (?) yr. old son showed up on the field and outran his dad. If we weren't deep at rb, I'd say sign him :D

What would happen if we switched Mike Williams to LT and Jennings to RT? Like I said, there was a lot of D penetration to the point it looked like the OL was intentionally letting them through.

Henry looks solid and didn't hang out with Willis M. Willis was the last one who stayed to sign autographs. This was his workout I guess.

I pretty much hounded Kelsay telling him to sack Fiedler to the other fans delight. :D

ryven
08-19-2003, 07:57 AM
the one news story said that big mike was doing well is this true?

Ebenezer
08-19-2003, 08:04 AM
I had to laugh at the wind sprints...I thought it was a normal part of the practice...then I find out this morning it was punishment for all the penalties Sat. night. Then I remembered that they did like 6 or 8 wind sprints...some at what looked like half speed...I laughed. Some punishment...Bill Parcels made the entire team sprint 70 yards and back 70 yards in the middle of practice because the number 6 WR forgot a play during practice...can you imagine what he would have done with a team after all those penalties?? gr-EGG is at it again. He has no clout with this team.

ryven
08-19-2003, 08:08 AM
I think we should have a cople more two a days for punishment not only do they have to work more but they get something accomplished as far as the false starts and such goes.

justasportsfan
08-19-2003, 08:15 AM
I had to laugh at the wind sprints...I thought it was a normal part of the practice...then I find out this morning it was punishment for all the penalties Sat. night. Then I remembered that they did like 6 or 8 wind sprints...some at what looked like half speed...I laughed. Some punishment...Bill Parcels made the entire team sprint 70 yards and back 70 yards in the middle of practice because the number 6 WR forgot a play during practice...can you imagine what he would have done with a team after all those penalties?? gr-EGG is at it again. He has no clout with this team.

I was telling Mike&**%&#@^% that when I used to play soccer (100 years ago) our training was more rigid athletically speaking. Whether our rb's got through tackles or not they were told to run to the endzone anyways. I understand that we don't want our OL/DL players shrinking to the size of Flutie but some of them could use some speed.

I was hoping to see Henry "sprint to the very end". He just kinda jogged half way through. He needs to outsprint the db's . How many INT's did Drew throw in the red zone? I don't mind seeing the practice ease up on the hits, but not the running.

I doubt Marcus Jones is even 80%. No way.

Bulldog
08-19-2003, 08:19 AM
I was watching the individual line drills and Mike Williams was absolutely manhandling all the defensive lineman. He is definately the largest individual I have ever seen. At one point, one of the defensive lineman got his hands up into Mike's throat area and he got pissed. The next time he was up, he actually got underneath the D lineman's pads and literally picked him up off the ground and drove him into the ground. Really impressive!

justasportsfan
08-19-2003, 09:50 AM
Eb w/ his son and a stranger.

justasportsfan
08-19-2003, 09:54 AM
Travis Brown

justasportsfan
08-19-2003, 09:57 AM
I once caught a fish this big

justasportsfan
08-19-2003, 10:02 AM
Drew hand off

Ebenezer
08-19-2003, 10:08 AM
:up: the drew hand off is a great pic!!

justasportsfan
08-19-2003, 10:10 AM
Damn those beans!

justasportsfan
08-19-2003, 10:13 AM
Kelsay Hynotized :"you are going to sack Fiedler 6X"

justasportsfan
08-19-2003, 10:16 AM
Dorenbos: " See? the pen's gone"

justasportsfan
08-19-2003, 10:19 AM
Moulds

justasportsfan
08-19-2003, 10:22 AM
Drew

justasportsfan
08-19-2003, 10:25 AM
Moulds

justasportsfan
08-19-2003, 10:27 AM
Next years 1st rd. draft pick ?

justasportsfan
08-19-2003, 10:28 AM
The quality sucks once you resize the picture by 50%

justasportsfan
08-19-2003, 10:32 AM
Gary?

justasportsfan
08-19-2003, 10:34 AM
Where's that wys Dude? I'll show him who's fat!

justasportsfan
08-19-2003, 10:39 AM
Van Pelt resting

justasportsfan
08-19-2003, 10:46 AM
Finfans scouting the bills at camp

Ebenezer
08-19-2003, 11:36 AM
that last one is the best :up:

justasportsfan
08-19-2003, 11:42 AM
that last one is the best :up:

Thank you. Remember, keep Eb jr. Kicking those field goals. It also improves his golf games. :D

The_Philster
08-19-2003, 05:02 PM
Nice pics, justa :up:...and I was :rofl: at some of the captions.

justasportsfan
08-20-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Nice pics, justa :up:...and I was :rofl: at some of the captions.

Thanks Phil. Too bad i couldn't post my pics w/ the Jills. It's rated XXX.

BZ is a rated G family oriented MB. :D

justasportsfan
08-20-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by ryven
the one news story said that big mike was doing well is this true?

Mike was alright. He was still scared of the Jills though. Came in late for oversleeping.

Oops you meant Mike Williams? He was lost at times. I think he'll be okay when season starts.

The_Philster
08-20-2003, 04:47 PM
Thanks Phil. Too bad i couldn't post my pics w/ the Jills. It's rated XXX.

You wish.;)