PDA

View Full Version : Would you still be a Buffalo Bills fan if...

northernbillfan
08-19-2003, 01:14 AM
...The team moved?

Being that I have no emotional attachment to the city of Buffalo, although it has a soft spot in my heart whenever I hear Buffalo on the news, I would still be a fan of the team, if they had to relocate.

It would break my heart to see them move, historicaly and emotionaly, but I would root for them no matter where the play.

WG
08-19-2003, 01:20 AM
Depends upon where they moved to. If they moved to Elmira or Jamestown, sure. Or Rochester.

:D

Seriously, no, I'd drop to being a casual NFL fan and an FFL junkie!

I will say that if the team did move, I highly doubt that it would ever return. It would also drastically alter the social dynamic in WNY/UNY.

clumping platelets
08-19-2003, 01:23 AM
I would still hate the Dull-Felons

Tagliabooboo would be on my hit list :2guns:

WG
08-19-2003, 01:30 AM
We'd have to rename the site "Ihatethedulfelonszone.com"

northernbillfan
08-19-2003, 01:42 AM
IHTDF Zone!

Or the:

A D D Zone: Aint Diggin Dolfelons Zone

SABURZFAN
08-19-2003, 02:08 AM
i wouldn't be a happy camper if the team moved.

WG
08-19-2003, 02:12 AM
What would we argue about?

WG
08-19-2003, 02:12 AM
What, like who's got the best wings...

BillsFever
08-19-2003, 02:15 AM
Wasn't there a thread like this a few months ago? :scratch:

northernbillfan
08-19-2003, 02:28 AM
There was a thread that asked "would you be a Bills fan", but with a different "what if". The topic of moving was brushed upon, but not fully discussed.

The_Philster
08-19-2003, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Depends upon where they moved to. If they moved to Elmira or Jamestown, sure. Or Rochester.

Seriously, no, I'd drop to being a casual NFL fan and an FFL junkie!

I will say that if the team did move, I highly doubt that it would ever return. It would also drastically alter the social dynamic in WNY/UNY.

I'm in complete agreement. I'd probably become a casual fan of the Browns if anyone if we lost the Bills.

mikemac2001
08-19-2003, 04:13 AM
how could you root for a team that total played its fans. i couldnt, i wouldnt if they moved to LA and won a SB it wouldnt be A WNY SB it would be an LA SB. if you dont understand what im saying its. the owner wouldnt be loyal enough to stay for the fans then why would i be loyal them. If they ever moved i would probally try to root for philly or the browns but it wouldnt be the same id watch football but not have passion for every bills game like i do now. I think ralph is a great owner and would never move he wants the bills and the Buffalo fans to get a championship he is a fan. but when he dies what will his kids do with the team thats the problem we are faced with. i hope that Danny wegman takes wegmans nation wide and sells stock gets money and buy the buffalo bills once ralph dies. it might be the only way the buffalo bills actually keep the name The buffalo bills. Bills Sb champs in 03-04

Historian
08-19-2003, 06:11 AM
I would't really bother much with sports if that were the case. The Bills are the last thing that I even follow.

Patrick76777
08-19-2003, 07:44 AM
I'd hate them. even more than Miami.

I'm with Phil. I'd think about getting Browns season tickets because I love going to the games. What's a 2 1/2 hour drive for some football.

Billsbabee
08-19-2003, 07:45 AM
I would probably watch them with a casual interest the first season and not nearly the passion as I do now and with a huge attitude about it, but not rearranging my weekends for football etc. like now. The sudden withdrawal would be painful. By the 2nd season, I'd probably hugely despise them.

Ebenezer
08-19-2003, 07:49 AM
As long as they stayed in the 7 WNY counties I would...we expect them to be fans and come to games and support the team...but if they moved to say Portland...

I would be a Green Bay fan...I'd never worry about my team moving again.

clumping platelets
08-19-2003, 07:54 AM
I'd probably become a Browns fan

CajunBillsBacker
08-19-2003, 10:11 AM
I'm like the first poster, I have no emotional background with the city of Buffalo or New York besides the Bills. I would never root for the Bills in L.A. because I could never root for any team in L.A., but if the Bills moved to a city that has never had a team before, I'd most definitely be a fan. If they moved to Canada though, forget it!!

LtBillsFan66
08-19-2003, 10:11 AM
Not being from WNY, I would still like them and follow them.

Jan Reimers
08-19-2003, 10:34 AM
I'd still root for the Bills and against the Communist estate tax - because if the Bills move, that will be the reason.

WG
08-19-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
As long as they stayed in the 7 WNY counties I would...we expect them to be fans and come to games and support the team...but if they moved to say Portland...

I would be a Green Bay fan...I'd never worry about my team moving again.

So, the Olean Bills or the Batavia Bills then?

The Canisius Bills?

Canadaigua Bills...

WG
08-19-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by mikemac2001
how could you root for a team that total played its fans. i couldnt, i wouldnt if they moved to LA and won a SB it wouldnt be A WNY SB it would be an LA SB. if you dont understand what im saying its. the owner wouldnt be loyal enough to stay for the fans then why would i be loyal them. If they ever moved i would probally try to root for philly or the browns but it wouldnt be the same id watch football but not have passion for every bills game like i do now. I think ralph is a great owner and would never move he wants the bills and the Buffalo fans to get a championship he is a fan. but when he dies what will his kids do with the team thats the problem we are faced with. i hope that Danny wegman takes wegmans nation wide and sells stock gets money and buy the buffalo bills once ralph dies. it might be the only way the buffalo bills actually keep the name The buffalo bills. Bills Sb champs in 03-04

interesting post such a joy and pleasure to read iagree with most of what you say altho i would never root for another team hidy hidy hidy ho ralph is cool buffalofans woohoo ho de ho de ho de hay who needs periods or punctuation or capitalization or any other fun things to assist in readability

Danny Wegman's the man!!!

GO WEGMANS!

RedEyE
08-19-2003, 11:22 AM
It would be really difficult to latch onto the idea of the LA Bills, or the Las Vegas Bills. How 'bout the Birmingham Bills? Sucks..... couldn't do it.

BillyT92679
08-19-2003, 07:04 PM
The "Bills" as an entity would no longer exist. No Buffalo helmet, no Bills nickname. When I was 6, I was a Patriots fan; they were the first team I liked, so I'd go back to them if the Bills left upstate New York. But God forbid the Bills ever move!

northernbillfan
08-20-2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by BillyT92679
When I was 6, I was a Patriots fan; they were the first team I liked, so I'd go back to them if the Bills left upstate New York. But God forbid the Bills ever move!

When I was younger I first latched onto the Bills because they were the worst team in the league, mid '70s. The when I started watching football again at age 16, I cheered for the Patsies.

My first game was the Patsies at the Bills, and I fell in love with the team that day. The whole atmosphere was electric, from the tailgate to waking up in a car that wont start, at an empty parking lot in Orchard Park. That was '87 and I've been a die hard fan since then.

That being said, I have no other emotional attachment to them being in Buffalo, so I think I'd still cheer for them, although, a part of the team's meaning will be missing. I'd hate to see them ever up and leave, and I don't think WNY would let that happen.