PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this comment

ryjam282
08-19-2003, 08:11 AM
I saw this printed in the DEMOCRAT & CHRONICLE newspaper. What do you guys thinks of this statement....
"Buffalo intentionally spread the field against Tennessee to test its line against Tennessee’s strong pass rush. The Bills gave up four sacks for the game, one on Drew Bledsoe."

I hope that is the truth, meaning I hope it was intentional to let Drew get killed but I also hope the line also realizes they have a lot of work to do before they are dominant in pass defense and they stop reading there new clippings of people saying they could be one of the top lines. Cause they have a lot of work to get done before the Pats game. Bellichick (sp?) has a knack for creating mismatches and reaking havoc on offensive lines.

GO BILLS

Ryan:punchu:

ryven
08-19-2003, 08:18 AM
If thats the case I am kind of happy they did it againts the titans for the simple fact of there speed on D it gave a real test to our O lets hope that we do better this sat. BTW I watched last nights game them rams looked good so bills are going to have to come in ready or they will not even stand a chance out there.

Halbert
08-19-2003, 08:19 AM
I hope it's true. The preseason would be an excellent time to test that out. Looks like they have some more work to do, but if they can give Drew reasonable protectiong with four wides and a halfback on the field then they could run something resembling the K-gun. That's a big "could" but it would be scary if they can pull it off.

ryven
08-19-2003, 09:20 AM
They could run it only if and this is a big if drew can drop one two the throw cause he cant hold on to it for ever in order to run it other wise he will be sacked. Otherwise I think we have the personel for it and I do think drew will improve on getting rid of the ball quicker.

Ebenezer
08-19-2003, 10:04 AM
not a bad idea really.

LtBillsFan66
08-19-2003, 10:09 AM
If that were true, they would not have Drew in there taking the hits.

Jan Reimers
08-19-2003, 10:12 AM
It might be true, but why risk getting Bledsoe injured?

Gunzlingr
08-19-2003, 10:28 AM
Maybe they wanted him to experience the pain of holding on to the ball too long.

Buffatexas
08-19-2003, 11:11 AM
If that is the case, they should bring in Rob Johnson to be a "what it feels like" consultant. Testing the line like that is a novel idea but what a risk to run with no one really solid to backup Drew should he had gotten hurt. Thanks be that he did not.

WG
08-19-2003, 11:22 AM
Our inability to turn 3rd downs on Sat. had more to do w/ Drew than w/ the OL.

The OL played to a C+ level. Not good, but not horrendously either. They blocked OK but it just didn't look pretty at times. Other times they lapsed. Pucillo looked particularly bad as did all of our depth. But the starters didn't look as if they were more than a week or two away from "putting it together."

I'm not worried about the OL at this point. As well, Drew makes them look worse when he stands in the pocket for 5+ seconds. No OL is gonna block that well to give a QB all the time he wants. Our starting OL will be fine. There's no way they're gonna be worse than last year.

I wish the same could be said for the DL!

BillsMan80
08-19-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Our inability to turn 3rd downs on Sat. had more to do w/ Drew than w/ the OL.

The OL played to a C+ level. Not good, but not horrendously either. They blocked OK but it just didn't look pretty at times. Other times they lapsed. Pucillo looked particularly bad as did all of our depth. But the starters didn't look as if they were more than a week or two away from "putting it together."

I'm not worried about the OL at this point. As well, Drew makes them look worse when he stands in the pocket for 5+ seconds. No OL is gonna block that well to give a QB all the time he wants. Our starting OL will be fine. There's no way they're gonna be worse than last year.

I wish the same could be said for the DL!

If you think the lack of 3rd down conversions was more Drew's fault than the OL and WRs, you were watching a different game than me. On 3rd downs, the WRs did an awful job of getting open and very few times did Drew have a receiver to hit in stride or in an open area of the field. The only 3rd down completion I remember was Bobby Shaw's, and Shaw was the only player open that I could remember. The OL was bad on 3rd downs, and the WRs didn't do much better. Drew could not be at fault for not having a WR to throw to.

WCoastFin
08-19-2003, 03:03 PM
Drew Bledsoe is just like Rob Johnson....only Rob johnson is the Generic version.

Tatonka
08-19-2003, 03:31 PM
jr seau is just like father time.. only the older version. :snicker:

Alluro
08-19-2003, 04:26 PM
Flutie would have been sacked less than 25 times last year with that O-line...how many times was drew sacked? 50 something

saviorbledsoe
08-19-2003, 05:03 PM
How many scramble type qbs have won super bowls vs pocket passers like drew????

Thought so.
GO DREW
GO BILLS!

Alluro
08-19-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
How many scramble type qbs have won super bowls vs pocket passers like drew????

Thought so.
GO DREW
GO BILLS!

The revolution will arrive soon enough

mchurchfie
08-19-2003, 05:09 PM
What is kind of sad is that even when they did spread the field in a critical conversion Drew never found an open receiver...not sure who's fault it was but I do believe that one of the commentators pointed out that the running back was wide open.