PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Game of the year….

Patrick76777
08-19-2003, 10:40 AM
….will be on Saturday! If our starters don’t move the ball well against the Rams, I think our season is over.

Sorry, but that’s just the way I feel.

lordofgun
08-19-2003, 10:42 AM
Ludicrous.

Patrick76777
08-19-2003, 10:44 AM
Are you kidding me LOG? If we can't play well against the Rams, at home in the 3rd week of the preseason, in front of 35,000 crazed fans, then how are we going to beat anybody?

It's do or die baby.

lordofgun
08-19-2003, 10:45 AM
Loser. :D

The sarcasm in this forum is suffocating.

LtBillsFan66
08-19-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun

What sarcasm?

lordofgun
08-19-2003, 10:48 AM
No sarcasm? Then I stand by my original post in this thread.

Patrick76777
08-19-2003, 10:50 AM
Loser. :D

Sarcasm? Whatever do you mean?

These guys are professional athletes! Who’s ever heard of professional athlete not giving 100%? Especially in a game like Saturday when all the chips will be on the table.

lordofgun
08-19-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone
What sarcasm?

I know sarcasm when I see it. :up:

Patrick76777
08-19-2003, 10:51 AM
This is big folks!

If our 4th teamers commit 10 penalties in the second half again, we're in some serious trouble.

The Spaz
08-19-2003, 10:52 AM
It's probably hard for the starters to get into it knowing they're only going to be playing a quarter or 2. The backups will be battling it out all game becasue they want to make the roster.

Patrick76777
08-19-2003, 10:53 AM
I mean how are these guys supposed to concentrate on flipping burgers next week when they know that they cost this team a shot at the Superbowl.

IT’S HUGE!

TypicalBill
08-19-2003, 10:53 AM
if we do lose it, i wont even bother watching the 3 Bills games that i'll be able to watch on ESPN, is it worth it?? i dont think so... im pumped about saturdays game, if we win, we'll have our playoff spot reserved :up:

saviorbledsoe
08-19-2003, 10:54 AM
what chips are on the table???????????? as alan iverson said " we're talking about practice!, Practice, not a game but Practice."

I mean, dude cmon this is preseason and these players dont give a ****. Come down off the roof already. Everything is going to be ok. I promise.

lordofgun
08-19-2003, 10:54 AM
I disagree, but I will say this:

Chris Kelsay hasn't showed anything so far. If he doesn't get at least 3 solo sacks this week, he's gone...and rightfully so.

TypicalBill
08-19-2003, 10:55 AM
i wont wait for the rest of the preseason.. he's a bust!

The Spaz
08-19-2003, 10:55 AM
I highly doubt we cut a 2nd round pick.

TypicalBill
08-19-2003, 10:57 AM
i think we should go ahead and call all our draft picks a bust since non of them showed us anything in their first 2 preseason games ever.

Patrick76777
08-19-2003, 11:00 AM
Well not so much if we win TB.

You see there is a fine line in Preseason. Try to follow:

It does NOT matter if you win the PS game
It DOES matter if your 3rd teamers commit penalties
It DOES matter if your proven starters over the past 4 seasons make bad plays
It does NOT matter if your proven starter makes a good play. (he’s supposed to do that)
It DOES matter if your new FA’s don’t set the world on fire.
It DOES matter that in the 2nd quarter half the starters are mixed with the 2nd team and they miss a read.
It does NOT matter that the coaches don’t make game plans. (the players are still supposed to dominate)
It does NOT matter that the defense did not run a single blitz and did not run any stunts.

So we simply need to do all of the proceeding well in order to be ready for the season.

TypicalBill
08-19-2003, 11:02 AM
:rofl:

Patrick76777
08-19-2003, 11:02 AM
I'd like to see Kelsey get 3 sacks, create 2 TO's, score 1 TD and Piss liquid gold during this game.

Patrick76777
08-19-2003, 11:13 AM
And what about this Mcgahee? He better start pulling some weight!

IHateTheDullphins
08-19-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
….will be on Saturday! If our starters don’t move the ball well against the Rams, I think our season is over.

What you have said here today, in no way, shape, or form, has come close to making any sense what so ever. We are all now dumber for having read this thread. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul. :puke:

Novacane
08-19-2003, 11:32 AM
If we can't play well against the Rams, at home in the 3rd week of the preseason, in front of 35,000 crazed fans, then how are we going to beat anybody?

35,00 crazed fans

:rofl:

BillsOverDolphins
08-19-2003, 11:38 AM
well, let's forget all this rediculous bull**** and get back to the title of the thread:

There is no doubt in my mind that our biggest game of the year is 9/7 against the Patriots...we need that win big time

WG
08-19-2003, 11:41 AM
LMAO

This is all gonna be a real hoot until Drew tosses 3 INTs v. the Pats and we can't move the ball then and are wondering why as we sit in 90 degree heat and have to listen to 25,000 screaming Pats fans telling us how they own us!

Laugh now...

;)

Jan Reimers
08-19-2003, 11:42 AM
I disagree, but I will say this:

Chris Kelsay hasn't showed anything so far. If he doesn't get at least 3 solo sacks this week, he's gone...and rightfully so.

Yeah, and he can take Winfield, Bledsoe, Reed, M. Williams, Moulds, Wire and all those other underachieving bums with him.

WG
08-19-2003, 11:42 AM
Meanwhile, we'll move the ball w/ ease vs. Detroit. As if any team doesn't! Then TD's gonna tell us how prepared we are and how "finally" the team's come around....

The ought to start calling the FO the "TD BS machine!"

Patrick76777
08-19-2003, 11:46 AM
If you read the thread wys, it looks like we're on the same page! We need this game. If we play bad, the Pats are just going to kill us.

justasportsfan
08-19-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
LMAO

This is all gonna be a real hoot until Drew tosses 3 INTs v. the Pats and we can't move the ball then and are wondering why as we sit in 90 degree heat and have to listen to 25,000 screaming Pats fans telling us how they own us!

Laugh now...

;)

Are you changing your stance on the Pats game now ? Whatever happened to "not even Drew can screw this one up" (in so many words)

redeye5
08-19-2003, 12:03 PM
Please remeber when the Bills were one of the best teams in the NFL (i.e. 1990-1994) They hardly ever won any preseason games...So who cares whether they win or lose...In fact I think its good they get their ass kicked around while these games don't count...

lordofgun
08-19-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Meanwhile, we'll move the ball w/ ease vs. Detroit. As if any team doesn't! Then TD's gonna tell us how prepared we are and how "finally" the team's come around....

The ought to start calling the FO the "TD BS machine!"

You said the same thing about the cincy game last preseason. Our offense sure did suck the rest of the year.

Valerie
08-19-2003, 01:46 PM
I know this thread is supposed to be a joke but this is how I honestly feel.

I don't think that preseason games really matter that much, but I do think that losing them does something to the players psyche. Just like winning them does. Players get pumped up if they're winning and playing well, even if it doesn't matter. But, if they're losing, I think it takes away a little of their spirit.

Also, and this is just my opinion, but the second and third string players should be playing their hearts out! They're playing to keep their jobs and/or make the team. If they're not willing to go out and give all they have, preseason or not, then I don't think they're going to do that much more during the season.

IMHO, preseason is a time to see what the players have, work out the kinks and start to develop a game plan given what the coaches have seen from the players. Players should be out there playing to the best of their ability.

That's just my opinion on the matter.

Throne Logic
08-19-2003, 02:18 PM
It does NOT matter that the defense did not run a single blitz and did not run any stunts.

Now hold on there! I'm fairly certain I saw a stunt somewhere in there. Oh, wait, that was just Sam Adams stumblin' around, tryin' to keep up with Pat. . .

Actually, I've said my piece toward the current end of the "Preseason means nothing" post.

WCoastFin
08-19-2003, 03:10 PM

I dont blame you for feeling that way Patrick, dont take these preseason games to the heart, im not trying to make you feel better about your team because come regular season they will still suck, however i am telling you not to stress about these preseason games , start stressing when the season starts.

colin
08-19-2003, 04:22 PM
It's funny to me that playing poorly for a quarter and a half of a regular season game does not mean you are gonna lose that game, let alone stink all year, but a quarter and a half of piss play in preseason is going to sink us.

And yes, I get the sarcasm unlike some of the really challenged posters here.

Dozerdog
08-19-2003, 05:49 PM
Can anyone say "The Anaheim Mighty Bills"?

Pack 'em up and move them to the left coast, I say!

Patrick76777
08-20-2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by colin
And yes, I get the sarcasm unlike some of the really challenged posters here.

THANK YOU!!!!

Originally posted by colin
It's funny to me that playing poorly for a quarter and a half of a regular season game does not mean you are gonna lose that game, let alone stink all year, but a quarter and a half of piss play in preseason is going to sink us.

ANd Great point!