Proof that the preseason really means nothing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Throne Logic
    Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
    • Aug 2002

Proof that the preseason really means nothing.

Did anyone watch the Tampa - St Louis game last night?

Do any of you really believe that St Louis' first team is that much better than Tampa's first team?

Teams try things to see how they work and how the players perform. Sometimes this leads to things that you don't want to keep. . .
    Still searching for that offensive rhythm.
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I'm hoping this thread will calm the naysayers Throne, but seeing the passion in some of the threads this week, I don't think that's likely.

Very good observation, and I hope the rest get back the optimism you show.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
      New and Improved!!
      • Aug 2003

Thank God, someone who is not a complete tool. Thank you, I thought I was the only one who didn't write off the season and all the rookies who didn't get 10 sacks or score 10 touchdowns. They should all have CRAFTSMAN tatooed on their foreheads.
      Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

While I'm not concerned as yet, I would like to see improvement in some key areas against the Rams. If, in fact, we have been experimenting with things - which we most likely have - it's getting to be time to get down to the real stuff. The regular season is fast approaching and we need to have our best players - and plays - ready to go.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Wys Guy
          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
          • Jul 2002

TL, etal,

There's one very key difference in your analogy. It's that both of those teams have at least played well at some point. They've shown that the can move the ball, play good D, etc.!

We haven't had even one remote indication that we're even any better than last year!

Why does that seem to be so difficult to understand?

Folks, last season we beat NO ONE!

Miami minus Fiedler in one game and minus the entire starting passing game in another, S.D., barely, and then 5 SCRUB teams.

Drew struggled from week 7 on leading our offense to a paltry 17.8 points/game! That's TERRIBLE!!! WITH Peerless Price!!! After the 38 that we put up against Miami on a handful of big-plays and we only put up an average of 15.6 PPG over the other 9 games!!!

HELLO!!! THAT was what the mighty Bledsoe-led offense did last season over the last 10 games!!

What have we seen, besides Henry's one lone run, that indicates that we're gonna be better, or even can be, than 8-8?

We don't have the luxury of facing Detroit, Chicago, and Minnesota again, teams against which Drew launched 8 of his 24 TDs against.

The weakest teams we play this year are Jax, Dallas, Houston, who will be better than they were last year when we only beat them by a TD, and Cincy, who will likely also be improved w/ Lewis as HC.

We play games against 12 opponents, some duplicate divisional teams that we didn't fare well against, who may very well make the playoffs and many that did last year and did reasonably well in them!

I'm highly concerned especially since we haven't addressed our DE concerns adequately. We haven't addressed our DT concerns adequately as Adams looks terrible! We haven't any depth worth a crap on the OL.

I'm starting to get really worried here. Not b/c I enjoy it, but b/c I think any reasoning person would view it as a concern. It's fine to dismiss the preseason W-L record, but it's a completely different thing to laugh off serious lack of performance by who are supposed to be the guys we're counting on to improve us significantly!

I know football isn't our core existence,........, LOL, but we have plenty of reason for concern here. Add in that we have Gilbride, the dunce king of dunces at OC, who loves the air game even when he had Ryan Leaf, and I gotta say, I'm more than somewhat concerned.
          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
            • Jul 2002

As to "proof" that the PS means nothing, I think that's only a copout for ignoring reality.

We'll see how well we play v. the Rams. If we still can't execute, are any of you saying how meaningless these games are gonna still remain "unconcerned?"

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
              Thank God, someone who is not a complete tool. Thank you, I thought I was the only one who didn't write off the season and all the rookies who didn't get 10 sacks or score 10 touchdowns. They should all have CRAFTSMAN tatooed on their foreheads.
              Again IHTD,

There's a HUGE difference between registering 18 sacks in a game and simply demonstrating that perhaps you have the talent to beat the occasional OT.

I see now that there are few here who can reason that far or even see the difference between a final score and the basics of execution and performance at the individual level.

That much is clear...

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Patrick76777
                • Jul 2002

ROTFLMAO!
                Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Ð
                  1-800-SAD-GOAT
                  • Jul 2002

Snap-on!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    • Jul 2002

I love you 76!!!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• StillLurkin
                      • Jul 2002

Become one with nature.........then marinate it!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ð
                        Snap-on!
                        Snap-Off!

The SNAPPER!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Ð
                          1-800-SAD-GOAT
                          • Jul 2002

I thinkk Wys could use a little snapper...

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
                            New and Improved!!
                            • Aug 2003

This thread has turned into a toolbox. I know what your saying, Wys. However, I won't engage in reasoning until it is time. They looked like ****. so what. They always look that way. I know ther is room for improvement, but I'm not the one that is paid to do that. there are people in those positions who are qualified for that, and that is whay they are there. they know what they need to do, so I'm not gonna second guess them, and waste my time complaining about everything. it's all alittle stale by now. You can make your points all day long which I'm sure you'll do, and for some things, I agree with you, but c'mon, let the guys that are there to fix these little problems do their job. Is that CLEAR enough for you?
                            Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• Wys Guy
                              • Jul 2002

LOL D

Well let's just shut down the boards then IHTD!

How's the weather on Mars?

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X