PDA

View Full Version : Bills Improvment

WG
08-19-2003, 11:55 AM
There's a lot of discussion right now about the Bills' offseason moves, TD's prowess and decision making, and other things related.

This year is gonna be the year that determines how good he is.

It doesn't take much to lift a team from 3-13 into the ranks of the mediocre. It's takes quite a bit to take a team from there however to being ready to challenge for the playoffs and for it's conference title.

There are a lot of differing opinions, but as of now, I haven't seen that we've made those changes. Certainly last year, while we were 8-8, we showed little of being able to beat any team better than average.

Now in preseason, there are few indications that our weaknesses needing addressing the most are actually improved.

DT is still weak. DE, we're in the same situation we were in last year at this time that way I see it. Denney's improvement merely lifts him into the ranks of those vying for the spot but not enough to push him beyond the 5 players of depth we had last year.

Our OL has no depth based on what we saw from Pucillo's, Tucker's, and Sobieski's blocking abilities.

So I think this is going to be a defining season for us. I'm not ready to throw in the towel by any means, but we've gotta start showing something, even if it is only for a series or two.

But at this point, only our LBing corps seems to have been helped by the offseason moves for D/O. STs as well. But I think that TD's gonna either be haled or have to start taking some of the blame for the lack of players to actually help us! Poker-face or no poker-face, the proof will be in the pudding.

casdhf
08-19-2003, 12:25 PM
Worthlesness of this thread: 4.5 Stars out of a possible 5 stars.

:D

WG
08-19-2003, 12:27 PM
Keep in mind, we were a .500/8-8 team last year, but an 8-8 team that couldn't beat better than 8-8 talent. That placed us as an overrated .500 team. We all scream and shout that we were 5 games better than the year before, but whom did we beat? No one worthy of note.

It'd be nice to see some evidence that that's changed here.

WG
08-19-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
Worthlesness of this thread: 4.5 Stars out of a possible 5 stars.

Worthlessness of your post, 5 of 5!

You win!

LOL

Jan Reimers
08-19-2003, 01:02 PM
I agree that so far, our pass protection has been mediocre at best, and our pass rush non-existent. Both will have to improve if we are to be a factor. Hopefully, LeBeau's defensive schemes will create some defensive pressure. But I'm not sure how we'll improve our pass blocking.