losman2evans
08-19-2003, 08:51 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-patriots-bearstrade&prov=ap&type=lgns

Turf
08-19-2003, 08:56 PM
That blows

ArcticWildMan
08-19-2003, 09:00 PM
No biggie. He barely played last year due to his ankle (the exact reason we cut him ;) )

bernielivsey_1
08-19-2003, 09:14 PM
:badangel: He's 35 and 375 lbs. A 4th round pick you could get Rob Johnson for that. He's done. No prob. I'll bet he's faster than Seau though. He'll be tackleing Pittman right about......................now.:drunks:

Tatonka
08-19-2003, 09:36 PM
:lol:

Tatonka
08-19-2003, 09:37 PM
wys is gonna be disappointed.. he had klecko pegged as an all world DT.. :D

XNOUGHT
08-19-2003, 09:37 PM
Ted Washington's streak of 117 games played was broken last year when he went down.

This is a Tony Siragusa type situation. A good/great player gets injured, his team dumps him, and he just keeps......on.......truckin!

Good move. The Pats will keep a rotation going to keep everyone healthy, but Pats fans everywhere are estatic about this.

Stewie
08-19-2003, 09:44 PM
Did anyone else see the irony in NE getting him for one of the Redskins 2004 draft picks?

Think the folks in the district might have wanted to trade that pick for washington instead?

MDFINFAN
08-19-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by bernielivsey_1
:badangel: He's 35 and 375 lbs. A 4th round pick you could get Rob Johnson for that. He's done. No prob. I'll bet he's faster than Seau though. He'll be tackleing Pittman right about......................now.:drunks:

That's pretty funny, but I got a feeling Drew will pay for that mistake against Pittman.

:grind:

Dozerdog
08-19-2003, 11:08 PM
Patriots are collecting ex-Bills at a faster clip than San Diego.

Antoine Smith, Larry Centers, Bill Conaty, Corbin Lacina, and now Big Ted

don137
08-20-2003, 05:55 AM
If he can stay healthy, and that is a big if, that is a great move by the Patriots. He will do a great job stuffing the middle. If he can stay healthy I think this is a better move than the signing of Colvin.

TypicalBill
08-20-2003, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by don137
If he can stay healthy, and that is a big if, that is a great move by the Patriots. He will do a great job stuffing the middle. If he can stay healthy I think this is a better move than the signing of Colvin.

exactly... he's the perfect NT for a 3-4 D ... but will he stay healthy for 16 games when he's 35?? thats the question.. also, is he in good shape physically right now?

Jan Reimers
08-20-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Patriots are collecting ex-Bills at a faster clip than San Diego.

Antoine Smith, Larry Centers, Bill Conaty, Corbin Lacina, and now Big Ted

The cream of the crop.

Jan Reimers
08-20-2003, 02:40 PM
Er... the cream of the crap.

The_Philster
08-20-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by TypicalBill
exactly... he's the perfect NT for a 3-4 D ... but will he stay healthy for 16 games when he's 35?? thats the question.. also, is he in good shape physically right now?

That's the big key. He hasn't been in the best of shape for a while now. Unless he gets a lot of time off in rotations, I don't see him playing more than 12 games.

BillsOwnAll
08-20-2003, 05:19 PM
ok im sick of SD and Pats stealing all are OLD WASHED UP PLAYERS wait....NO IM NOT!

Ickybaluky
08-20-2003, 08:46 PM
The Patriots also have a lot of ex-Jets and Dolphins as well. I guess they like players they are familiar with.

Ex-Jets: Bobby Hamilton, Roman Phifer, Anthony Pleasant, Rick Lyle, Courtney Ledyard, Dedrick Ward, Fred Baxter and Matt Knutson.

Of those, Hamilton, Phifer and Pleasant should make the team. Lyle, Ward and Baxter are on the bubble. Ledyard and Knutson are cuts waiting to happen.

Other ex-Jets Belichick has signed, but no longer with the team: Otis Smith, Bryan Cox, Maurice Anderson, Victor Green, Chris Hayes, Steve Martin, Marc Megna, Saul Patu, Tony
Scott and Jermaine Wiggins.

Ex-Dolphins: Larry Izzo, Damon Huard and Dedrick Ward.

Izzo and Huard will make it while Ward, as already stated, is on the bubble.

Other ex-Dolphins Belichick has signed, no longer with the team: Terrell Buckley, O.J. Brigance, Terrance Shaw, Grey Ruegamer, Ben Kelly, Bert Emanuel and Bryan Cox.

Ex-Bills: Ted Washington, Larry Centers, Bill Conaty, Corbin Lacina and Antowain Smith.

Washington, Centers and Smith will be on the team. Lacina may have a good shot, depending how he looks in the coming weeks. Conaty has been playing behind unknowns on the depth chart and looks like he will not make it.

Other ex-Bills Belichick has signed, no longer with the team: Ray Hill, Joe Panos, Daryl Porter.

socalfan
08-20-2003, 09:00 PM
The title of theis post should have been "Ted Washington - two Patriots"

Kicker22705
08-20-2003, 09:41 PM
I think we're underestimated Big Ted. Its not like he's expected to start in the middle. They already have a 2 DT who can hold their own in a 3-4 defense and with Ted there for certain situations, it will make it very difficult to run on them.

The_Philster
08-21-2003, 04:40 AM
The article I saw has him playing 10-15 snaps a game. post (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?postid=313840#post313840)

Ickybaluky
08-21-2003, 07:01 AM
He may play slightly more than that, perhaps 25 plays a game. He basically will be a run-down player, playing in the base 3-4 look as the NT.

Belichick loves his sub-packages, playing a lot of nickel and dime looks. He loves to use his LB as down guys and bring in extra DBs in passing situations. Ted won't play in any sub-situations.

In the short-term, this is a big help to the Patriots. They were running a 3-4 without a good NT, and Ted gives them that guy who can plug the middle. It was their biggest defensive weakness.

Obviously, Ted isn't going to play a lot longer. However, for this season he is a big upgrade for the Pats.