PDA

View Full Version : Bills and Jets interested in trading for Fins reserve S McGarrahan

clumping platelets
08-20-2003, 08:01 AM
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/6573467.htm

Aero II
08-20-2003, 08:09 AM
If this guy is 6th on the Fishies depth chart, is he worth a trade?

Patrick76777
08-20-2003, 08:12 AM
RW 9 carries for 20 yards. According to the logic of some around here, he's going to have a TERRIBLE year.

clumping platelets
08-20-2003, 08:21 AM
McGarrahan is worth a late conditional pick. He's a solid special teams players and is signed through 2004. He's young and could help in the secondary later this season. I would make the deal but only for a pick, no swapping a player for him.

WG
08-20-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Aero II
If this guy is 6th on the Fishies depth chart, is he worth a trade?

Thank you!

:bravo:

Unless he's a STs blocker or tackler, we seem to have plenty of return men!

Then again, having cut Carpenter last year, signed Reese who's less than marvelous, and having only what, 4 Ss, perhaps we find ourselves in yet another precarious situation at S.

justasportsfan
08-20-2003, 09:13 AM
I doubt TD will take him. He's not injured.

LtBillsFan66
08-20-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
I doubt TD will take him. He's not injured.

lol

lunatic_bills_fan
08-20-2003, 09:54 AM
who cares, he's probably just quit next week anyway
:squish:

PhinPhan1227
08-20-2003, 10:43 AM
He's solid on ST's as a tackler. Also shows good glimpses in coverage as a ball hawk.

jaja54
08-20-2003, 11:18 AM
He's an extremely good ST' s player and decent Safety. I would rather trade you Arturo Freeman, who's a FA next year and already had his agent ask for a trader, than Scott.

Throne Logic
08-20-2003, 11:23 AM
If he's a solid ST tackler an aspiring ball-hawk, why is Miami looking to trade him? More than any other position in the game, you can NEVER have too many good DBs.

TypicalBill
08-20-2003, 02:14 PM
Bills and Jets interested in trading for Fins reserve S McGarrahan

McGarrahan "Oh man, coach, id like to thank you for giving me the opportunity to play... you obviously thought enough of me that you traded a pick"

man boobs "yeah well, dont kid yourself... what does Miami have planned for us..i want details"

Jan Reimers
08-20-2003, 02:52 PM
If he's an STs "ace," he's certainly worth a 7th round pick.

jaja54
08-20-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
If he's a solid ST tackler an aspiring ball-hawk, why is Miami looking to trade him? More than any other position in the game, you can NEVER have too many good DBs.

Miami is looking to trade him because he asked them to. He will probably not see the field much being that he is currently behind Marion, Knight, Freeman, and Wooden. We also have a decent looking kid in Yeremiah Bell which will probably land on the practice squad. Scott sees himself (as he should) as the Odd man out, and will probably be released anyway.

DraftBoy
08-20-2003, 03:38 PM
So why trade for him then if hes gonna be released?

ArcticWildMan
08-20-2003, 03:40 PM
He has to clear the waiver wire for us to grab him. There are 12 other teams that can grab him before we do. TD may not want to risk it. WHo knows.

jaja54
08-20-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
He has to clear the waiver wire for us to grab him. There are 12 other teams that can grab him before we do. TD may not want to risk it. WHo knows.

:up: Exactly. That is why the Jets may trade for him first... knowing you guys get to choose off the waiver wire before they do.

BTW, I hate the fact that he is probably headed to an AFC EAST team!

John Doe
08-20-2003, 04:09 PM
Bad news for Tony Driver.

MDFINFAN
08-20-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic

Because we have too many good DB's that why, and I hate the fact that we have to get rid of him, he's a solid ST's, and decent Safety. He's an upgrade on all your STer's I've seem in your PS games. I wish we could trade him to teams outside of our division, this guy will come back to haunt us on ST's. He knows our ST's in and out, and knows our secondary in and out. I say release him and let the waivers do their thing away from the AFCE. We have others to trade for a 7th rounder is that's all we want. He's worth a 6th a least.

Dolfan984
08-20-2003, 04:41 PM
He's a really good ST flyer. He's created some fumbles, and is a hard hitter. Nothing really on D, but a great ST player, it's why we signed him in the first place from Green Bay. I like the guy, bad to see him probably leave.