PDA

View Full Version : Miami: SS Autro Freeman wants Trade?

RedEyE
08-20-2003, 04:01 PM
Dolphins | Freeman Wants Traded? - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:59:50 -0700

Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports Miami Dolphins SS Arturo Freeman's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, approached the team on Monday, Aug. 18 about trading Freeman, who lost his starting position to Dolphins SS Sammy Knight early in the pre-season. Rosenhaus said he was denied permission to seek a deal. "It's pretty simple," Rosenhaus said. "He's not in on any of the defensive packages, and he's too good to be sitting on the bench." Dolphins head coach Dave Wannstedt said Tuesday, Aug. 19 he doesn't want to lose a player who can start at either safety even though it appears FS Shawn Wooden has moved ahead of Freeman in the pass-defense packages. Freeman, who said Tuesday morning that he had not asked for any trade himself, started all 16 games last season. Rosenhaus said Freeman plans to meet with Wannstedt on Wednesday, Aug. 20.

RedEyE
08-20-2003, 04:02 PM
Would he be worth a look here in Buffalo? Seems he was competing for the FS spot in Miami after Knight took his starting role.

Downfall: Drew Rosenhus

jaja54
08-20-2003, 04:18 PM
Sure go get him!!! Here's a guy that has played in 32 consecutive games, starting the last 16 of them and has a whopping total of 1 INT and ) forced fumbles.

However, he'sa good hitter and plays the run very well. He's consistent if not sparkling.

He's the reason we brought in Sammy Knight. Freeman has fallen to the depths of the chart where he is now also listed behind Wooden.

Oh did I mention he is a Free Agent at the end of this year? That's why Rosenjerk is looking for the trade... if his client doesn't play he doesn't get the BIG bucks next year.

This is why in another thread I mentioned I'd rather trade Freeman and keep McGharran(sp?).

MDFINFAN
08-20-2003, 04:27 PM
You gotta admit one thing Jaja54, the guy is fast, he was a part of the secondary that was rated in the top 3 vs passing. He didn't get beat very often. He's probably Marion's replacement for next year and that's why Wanny not going to trade him. But the money Drew will be looking for, for him next spring will be ridiculous, so maybe we should trade him, but not within the division.