PDA

View Full Version : Notable Running Backs After Major Knee Surgery

RedEyE
08-20-2003, 04:26 PM
Found this on ESPN.com:

http://espn.go.com/media/nfl/2003/0815/photo/mcgahee_i.jpg

MDFINFAN
08-20-2003, 04:29 PM
McGee will buck that trend. And E. James will be back to his old self this year, plus surgury is much better now in the precedure and his guy will be back 100% especially if he sits out this year.

jaja54
08-20-2003, 05:10 PM
I wonde if Donahue knew this stat prior to drafting Willis...

The_Philster
08-20-2003, 05:30 PM
:eek: That's just scary ...and exactly the reason I thought it was a stupid pick. Sure the fact that he won't contribute this year is bad but we don't know if he'll ever contribute.

WG
08-20-2003, 07:38 PM
Too late now!

I'm just hopin' that we don't trade away Henry before getting at least a full season outta McG.

LABillsFan
08-21-2003, 07:47 AM
I saw that too and I thought who did these guys play for, how good wee those teams and how old were they when it happened? Carter played for Cincy? That in itself is a huge factor. Didn't TD also get another injury ( not related to his knee) the year he came back? James will be back this year.
It's fortunate the the Bills don't have to rush WM back and he is fresh out of college. Young and able to heal fast. I think this reference does account for all things involved.

Stewie
08-21-2003, 03:52 PM
There was once a back who was the man in college.. He was a high first round pick, without a doubt. But oops.. he hurt his knee.. Now no one wanted him, until Buffalo took a chance on him with a high draft pick that everybody ridiculed them for using.

10 years and 4 superbowls later, he was wrapping up a hall of fame career.

Can lightning strike twice?

The_Philster
08-21-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by paulB
There was once a back who was the man in college.. He was a high first round pick, without a doubt. But oops.. he hurt his knee.. Now no one wanted him, until Buffalo took a chance on him with a high draft pick that everybody ridiculed them for using.

10 years and 4 superbowls later, he was wrapping up a hall of fame career.

Can lightning strike twice?

That was a second round pick and he played his rookie year.
McGahee was taken in the first round and won't see action until December if at all this year.

lordofgun
08-21-2003, 10:24 PM
I don't want to talk about this anymore. :mad:

The_Philster
08-22-2003, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I don't want to talk about this anymore. :mad:

LOG ---> :wail:

bernielivsey_1
08-22-2003, 08:12 AM
He was taken late in the 1st rd. with extra pick (Falcons). I feel it in my gut this was a great move.

Jan Reimers
08-22-2003, 08:12 AM
There are lies, damn lies, and statistics. The RB comparisons in this thread not only mix apples and oranges, but grapes, bananas, and a cucumber or two. It is totally meaningless.

Turf
08-22-2003, 08:21 AM
One way you could look at it is that rookies hardly play and contribute anyways. So if he doesn't play until next year they really didn't lose that much. Even if he was healthy he would be learning.
Personally I never liked the pick.

Bulldog
08-22-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster

That was a second round pick and he played his rookie year.
McGahee was taken in the first round and won't see action until December if at all this year.

So, Dr. Phil, how do you know that he won't play until December?

LtBillsFan66
08-22-2003, 08:25 AM
Why don't we wait to see what happend before we start *****ing about it?

EricStratton
08-22-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone
Why don't we wait to see what happend before we start *****ing about it?

Why start that trend now.

LtBillsFan66
08-22-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by EricStratton
Why start that trend now.

I thought I would give it a shot. :D

THATHURMANATOR
08-22-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Too late now!

I'm just hopin' that we don't trade away Henry before getting at least a full season outta McG.

Agreed. I was thinking the exact same thing.

The_Philster
08-22-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog
So, Dr. Phil, how do you know that he won't play until December?

You're the first person, other than his agent during the negotiations, that doubts that he'll miss most, if not all, the season.

Stewie
08-23-2003, 09:32 AM
Who cares if he misses the whole season.. How many rookies from this years first round are going to contribute anything significant? 3? 4?

The_Philster
08-24-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by paulB
Who cares if he misses the whole season.. How many rookies from this years first round are going to contribute anything significant? 3? 4?

At least they'll contribute something other than a spot on the PUP list

Stewie
08-24-2003, 07:44 PM
Great instinctive backs are hard to find.. If his knee can hold up, we stole him at #23

Bulldog
08-25-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster

You're the first person, other than his agent during the negotiations, that doubts that he'll miss most, if not all, the season.

Looks like he may be in uniform as early as week six! That's according to TD. So I guess I'm not the only one who thinks he will play this season.

Game Shark
08-25-2003, 10:15 AM
I don't see him getting any playing time before mid-november or early december as long as Henry performs. I see no point in rushing McGahee, but I'd love to see him return to his college form. I think he'll be considered a steal at #23, mark my words

The_Philster
08-25-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog
Looks like he may be in uniform as early as week six! That's according to TD. So I guess I'm not the only one who thinks he will play this season.

That was news that just came out...ew had heard him say that. Regardless, it'll be interesting to see what happens when he does start playing...what role he'll fill and how he'll perform.