PDA

View Full Version : My worst fears....

Dman
08-20-2003, 06:40 PM
I hate to think that my worst fears will become a reality....
I know it's only pre-season......yada..yada..yada...but even taking that into consideration..
My worst fears were that...
The most exiting time of the year for Da' Bills...would be the 'offseason'..
That when the regular season finally rolled around I would see the same ol' same ol'...poor execution...stupid penalties out the ying/yang.....no pass rush...lack of discipline...always playing out of a hole...
after the first 2 PS games...I'm scairt

PLEASE SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!!
:help:

The_Philster
08-20-2003, 06:49 PM
Way too early to get scared...if the starters look horrible on Saturday, I'll get concerned but so far the only thing that really concerns me is the penalties.

WG
08-20-2003, 07:28 PM
How can you guys so easily and completely overlook the last 10 or so games of last season?

It's not that these preseason games are the single issue. If that were all it was then we wouldn't be having any of these discussions. At least I wouldn't.

But when you look at last season's O, something clearly went sour after we reached our "steady state." IMO it was only early and over 3 or 4 games that just happened to be very easy opponents at the beginning of the season, but that those games carried the colors on into the rest of the season.

Few people, if any, in the media have any realization that it was our Offense that went bad as the season went on, not the D.

I, speaking for myself, was only looking at these preseason games for some evidence, any evidence, that things will be different. Since that hasn't happened, why should we think that we're gonna play more this year like we did vs. Minnesota and Chicago last year than like we did for most of the rest of the season?

Several things could have changed such that there will be differences today/this season. Bledsoe could change, but that won't happen. Henry can't change much. He had a great year. Moulds same. Reed needs to step up. Our OL needs to play at least where it was last year. That should happen. Nevertheless, why should we, under those circumstances, average more than the 17.8 PPG that we scored w/ this first unit? What else is gonna change? Gilbride? Well, that's what we're hopin' for, but honestly, I ain't holdin' my breath.

However, on D is where the issues lie. We needed one of many options to step up at DE and for Adams to step up at DT. Spikes will have fixed that OLB issue. But the other two issues IMO have not improved at all.

But D, it's not the first two preseason games that bother me, again, speaking for myself. If we had come off of last season w/ our D playing the way it was and our O putting up points to be among the top ten scoring Os, then I'd be comfortable. But that wasn't the case and isn't the case.

So everything left unchanged, and now proven so, whyt should we hit the field v. N.E. playing any differently that we did last year?

We played horribly v. the good teams and OK to very good against the scrubs. Why will that change? Just b/c we "hope" it will when we haven't successfully altered anything other than w/ Spikes? Doesn't make sense.

XNOUGHT
08-20-2003, 07:38 PM
The Bills are an excellent team.

Obviously the pre-season is a an INDIVIDUAL indicator of success, but it does not indicate a team success.

WG
08-20-2003, 07:44 PM
Precisely! But our areas of key need haven't shown any promise regarding individual talent at those positions.

shelby
08-20-2003, 07:59 PM
Wys, i can't tell you properly how much your sig has me
:rofl:
:spit:
:lol:

WG
08-20-2003, 08:30 PM
KG's school, drawing the best and brightest....

:D

MDFINFAN
08-20-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Dman
I hate to think that my worst fears will become a reality....
I know it's only pre-season......yada..yada..yada...but even taking that into consideration..
My worst fears were that...
The most exiting time of the year for Da' Bills...would be the 'offseason'..
That when the regular season finally rolled around I would see the same ol' same ol'...poor execution...stupid penalties out the ying/yang.....no pass rush...lack of discipline...always playing out of a hole...
after the first 2 PS games...I'm scairt

PLEASE SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!!
:help:

You know this is so inviting to play with, but I know that you're sincere, so I'll let this pass. You may be right.

Jan Reimers
08-21-2003, 07:24 AM
Have faith, my friends. The Drew will lead us to the Promised Land.

XNOUGHT
08-21-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Have faith, my friends. The Drew will lead us to the Promised Land.

The Pro-Bowl.