PDA

View Full Version : Which Running back will TD attempt to trade to Philly next year?

LABillsFan
08-20-2003, 08:39 PM
The trading of Bryson didn't work out last year but I get a feeling that an open line was established between The Bills and The Eagles. Now Staley refuses to show up and is a FA at the end of the year. It's only a possibility, but drafting Willis may be a move that will go down as one of the best backdoor deals ever done. I'm not saying Philly had an indication that Staley was going to hold out, after all they didn't even draft a RB at all. But they have had RB problems the last 2 years and they don't have depth at that position. Hedging a bet or cunning instinct?

casdhf
08-20-2003, 08:50 PM
1st and 3rd this year and a 1st next season for Henry

RedEyE
08-20-2003, 08:51 PM
None. McGahee will prove to be a flop.

Ð
08-20-2003, 08:57 PM
Judging by TD's recent press conference, I'd say he's definately a cunning linguist.

LABillsFan
08-20-2003, 09:05 PM
Cas,
I don't think it could happen this year, Philly couldn't use him if he isn't 100%. Although 100% in Philly may be different than 100% in Buffalo, WM would have to show something on the field for it to happen which won't happen until later this year.

Red,
You can't say for sure he is going to flop anymore than I can say he isn't. But I don't think TD would of gambled as big as he did if he didn't think WM could be a star RB in the league.

Nice D.

BillsMan80
08-20-2003, 09:11 PM
Cas's offer seems like a good one. McGahee I think will be a stud in this league. He's as polished and was one of the top RB prospects to come out of college in years. I think he was overall better than pretty much any recent prospect even Ricky Williams when healthy.

venis2k1
08-20-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
1st and 3rd this year and a 1st next season for Henry

I dont think we will get that much, bottom line is henry isnt even a pro bowler in the afc. he is the 4th best back in the afc at best. no way we get more for henry than the saints got for ricky.

RedEyE
08-20-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by LABillsFan
Cas,
Red,
You can't say for sure he is going to flop anymore than I can say he isn't. But I don't think TD would of gambled as big as he did if he didn't think WM could be a star RB in the league.

Nice D.

Odds are not only aginst him returning fully recovered, they're stacked against him as a rookie make it in the big leagues. His #s in college were impressive, yes. What does that truly say though? Many others that were as good or even better in college came into the league and fell flat on their face. I really hope that I'm wrong, but statisticaly speaking, I'm proabably right.

BTW, happy B=Day :beer:

BillsMan80
08-20-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE

Odds are not only aginst him returning fully recovered, they're stacked against him as a rookie make it in the big leagues. His #s in college were impressive, yes. What does that truly say though? Many others that were as good or even better in college came into the league and fell flat on their face. I really hope that I'm wrong, but statisticaly speaking, I'm proabably right.

BTW, happy B=Day :beer:

Who in your estimation was as good or better? I believe McGahee had over 1700 yards, and 28 TDs. It would take a damn great player to be better than that.

RedEyE
08-20-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by BillsMan80

Who in your estimation was as good or better? I believe McGahee had over 1700 yards, and 28 TDs. It would take a damn great player to be better than that.

.....of course I had to look some of these guys up, but....

Flops:

Charlie Ward
Eric Crouch
Andre Ware
Gino Torretta
Rashaan Salaam
Archie Griffin
Ron Dayne
Danny Wuerrfful
Pat Sullivan
Gary Beban
Terry Baker
Mike Rozier
Ty Detmer
Desmond Howard
Steve Spurrier

......just to name a few

** All were players that played extremely well in college, all had great potential and all were major busts.

WG
08-20-2003, 10:49 PM
Drew blows!

bernielivsey_1
08-20-2003, 11:04 PM
:knock: We keep both next year. Willis wont be ready to take over this O till later next season if at all.:pee: Edgerrin is ready 2 years after his injury so will Willis. 2005 is when we should decide. :mods: