X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Bledsoe knows whats up...

"We got enough done on the practice field," quarterback Drew Bledsoe said. "We just have to transfer that onto the game field. We've got to come and produce on the game field when we get into a game-type situation."

After the team held its final morning workout in front of many loyal fans, they will move back to Orchard Park and their state-of-the-art training facility at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

With the regular season within sight, the Bills must continue to progress as a team.

"We've got to come out and we've got to play well in the third preseason game," Bledsoe said. "It's still a preseason game but we need to come out and be productive and get something done."

people make fun of this game being super important.. must win.. blah blah blah...

well, i am of the firm opinion that while winning means nothing in this game.. the first team Offense and Defenses need to show a spark... execution and discipline are the main things we need this week...

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Halbert
    I'm Not Normal
    • Jul 2002

I would like a moment for rebuttal.

Bledsoe is right because he has to do that. It's his job and he's on the spot to help make it happen. But it's really not the end of the world if they don't do anything in preseason.

Sure, it would be great if we came out and did what the Rams laid on the Bucs last Monday. And I sure would prefer it to the crap we saw last game. I'll even admit that they're putting themselves in a disadvantageous position if they don't because of the doubt that would naturally arise if you haven't done it yet.

But we've all seen too many times where teams have performed directly opposite in regular versus preseason. The Bills are loaded with seasoned veterans, several of have many deep playoff runs, who can literally turn it on when the games mean something. They have more than enough guys with game that can make the plays when the game is on the line. Is it a sure thing? No. But it's still more than reasonably possible.

And the likelihood of it happening has more to do with the qualifies of the individuals who will be on the field the day of the opener than it does how they looked in six quarters of practice. It would be better if they looked tight now, but history shows they might come out and flip the switch. Think of the names individually and decide if you think they have the nuts. I think they do.

Chances are they'll come out in one of these two games, dazzle everybody, and we'll forget all about this. If not you'll have to wait until after the opener to see if I'm full of shattake.

Comment

• Wys Guy
      Drew and Sam stole all my hair
      • Jul 2002

Oh, we know you're full of shattake!

There'll be no waiting to establish that.

Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Halbert
        I'm Not Normal
        • Jul 2002

rofl.

I love that sig cartoon. I feel like that far too many days.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
          • Jun 2003

Re: Bledsoe knows whats up...

Originally posted by Tatonka
          "We got enough done on the practice field," quarterback Drew Bledsoe said. "We just have to transfer that onto the game field. We've got to come and produce on the game field when we get into a game-type situation."

After the team held its final morning workout in front of many loyal fans, they will move back to Orchard Park and their state-of-the-art training facility at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

With the regular season within sight, the Bills must continue to progress as a team.

"We've got to come out and we've got to play well in the third preseason game," Bledsoe said. "It's still a preseason game but we need to come out and be productive and get something done."

people make fun of this game being super important.. must win.. blah blah blah...

well, i am of the firm opinion that while winning means nothing in this game.. the first team Offense and Defenses need to show a spark... execution and discipline are the main things we need this week...

You know the old saying Totanka, "It's one thing to know and say the right thing", It's another to do it."

Drew knows he holds the ball too long, but then in the next game, he still does it. Hmmmm, Does he really know what's up?

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

its tAtOnka...

get is right DMFanFin.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• MDFINFAN
              • Jun 2003

its tAtOnka...

get is right DMFanFin.
              Otae, LOL, I'm still laughing at the "I dressed up as a girl post", sorry Tatonka, I can't hardly see good right now.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

this girl?

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                  • Jun 2003

this girl?
                  Yea, but he got paid, D or whatever his name is, volunteered his story for free, and everytime I think about it, I say no more.
                  Plus the person in that pic, will straight up run over and though you. He can wear a dress anytime as long as he keeps doing what he does on the football, wouldn't you agree.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• R. Rich
                    • Apr 2003

Ah, therein lies the difference between 'can do' and 'should do'. Heck, he can go skinny dipping in shark infested waters after being stabbed 5 times, but that doesen't make it a good idea, does it?

Comment

• Halbert
                      I'm Not Normal
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
                      Plus the person in that pic, will straight up run over and though you.
                      And he did. 325 yards in two games.

Fortunately Henry countered with 283 in those two games to put us in the position to win.

Comment

• Morgoth
                        Can you blow me where the pampers is?
                        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Halbert

And he did. 325 yards in two games.

Fortunately Henry countered with 283 in those two games to put us in the position to win.
                        Ouch.

Besides 325 didn't equal 2 wins. Hell, it didn't even equal 1. That's a long way to run just to lose.
                        Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Morgoth
                          Ouch.

That's a long way to run just to lose.

Comment

• Ð
                            1-800-SAD-GOAT
                            • Jul 2002

Run, Forest, run!

Comment

• Halbert
                              I'm Not Normal
                              • Jul 2002

Yeah but you can probably list the number of times a 200+ yard rusher lost a game on one hand. Hell, I think the statistic for a 100 yard rusher winning the game is about 70%. We won't win too many games against a team like Miami by giving up 150 yards a game to Dreadman.

Comment

Working...
                              X