PDA

View Full Version : I hate to say it but THe Patsies will beat The Bills in the opener

mchurchfie
08-21-2003, 02:37 PM
Brady carved up Pittsburgh's zone blitz defense pretty bad last year..he will dink and dunk us to death. The defense won't let the recievers get the big yardage after the catch like they did last year, because of the improvements we have made however, he will get just enough yardage to move the chains and will end up hitting us on a couple of deep balls. We all know what Billybobachick's defense is capable of against Drew and Co. As much as I would love to see him get served up a big slice of humble pie I don't see it happening...The Pats are going to be the team to beat in the AFC East.

justasportsfan
08-21-2003, 02:40 PM
Maybe I should PM jaded and tell that I won't go to the game then and sell the tickets to someone else:scratch:

SABURZFAN
08-21-2003, 02:42 PM
you REALLY do need zonebucks,don't you?

mchurchfie
08-21-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Maybe I should PM jaded and tell that I won't go to the game then and sell the tickets to someone else:scratch:

It might be a good idea...you better dump them while you can...:idunno::D

Pride
08-21-2003, 02:44 PM
Churchie... I actually totally agree with you.

Unfortuntely, I just dont think GW and company have what it takes to outc coach Bellicheck. Our teams are too close in talent to leave it up to head coaches. We will lose because GW and KG will not be able to outsmart Bellicheck's Defense.

mchurchfie
08-21-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
you REALLY do need zonebucks,don't you?

:lol:Just look at Wys's stash, will yuh?....he must be doing something right.

Novacane
08-21-2003, 02:47 PM
Bills are going to force a bunch of TO in this game. That will be just enough to help us overcome GW's bonehead mistakes

justasportsfan
08-21-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by mchurchfie

:lol:Just look at Wys's stash, will yuh?....he must be doing something right.

He got a good subject that get's people going though. "Drew Sucks" Maybe you should start a Rob sucks thread, Wait a minute he does and everyone agrees :D.

Spikes will be a bust ? :idunno:

mchurchfie
08-21-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Pride

Unfortuntely, I just dont think GW and company have what it takes to outc coach Bellicheck. Our teams are too close in talent to leave it up to head coaches. We will lose because GW and KG will not be able to outsmart Bellicheck's Defense.

That's exactly what I'm talking about Pride.:up: Like Bum Phillips said when asked about some coach one time..."He'll take his'n and beat yer'n and then turn around and take yer'n and beat his'n." BB owns GW's butt in every facet of coaching......the guy is scarey intelligent and for some reason always knows how to come up with an answer for The Bills. The Pats have quietly made some significant improvements on their team, their defense is going to be much better than last years...I hate to say it but I think that they will win The AFC East.

RedEyE
08-21-2003, 03:27 PM
Without a solid pass rush the Bills will have no choice but to let those little dinks and dunks through. I'm predictiing the game will be close and that the Bills will attempt to beat the Pats at there own game. Honestly, I don't expect much from either offense.

Henry, Campbell and Reed will have several catches in the flats and in the middle, nickle and diming their way up the field just as the Pats did to us last season. Troy Brown is comparable to Eric Moulds on his GOOD day, but neither one of them will see the ball much that Sunday. Our pass protection blows, I expect Moulds will see a lot of double teaming, and Brady has been having trouble with his passing shoulder.

If our running game breaks loose we could take this game in a hurry, otherwise it's going to be a low scoring brawl that will be decided by special teams and coaching (that really doesn't leave us with too much hope). We can only hope that our OL can produce some massive hole for Henry to barrel through. I'd love to see Gash in the backfiled with Henry on occassion, doing his imitation of a can opener.

We should finally get to see what LeBeau has contributed to Gray's and William's current scheme.

Early perdiction Bills: 16 - Pats: 14. Bills winning on a last second field goal.

mchurchfie
08-21-2003, 04:17 PM
Good analysis Redeye.:up: I just don't know if Bledsoe or Gilbride will have the patience to stick with the short passing game long enough to outlast Brady. He could end up throwing that one crucial pick which could decide the game.

WG
08-21-2003, 04:35 PM
Look, I think we all entirely discount the first game as simply a difference in coaching and some bizarre notion that Drew was gonna take advantage of the Pats more than they would take advantage of him.

BUT, the second game was a different story.

We essentially shut down the Pats in game two offensively! There's no way they would have won if two things hadn't happened. First, if Drew had scored a TD instead of throwing an INT on 2nd-and-1 at the Pat 1 YL, and secondly, if he hadn't tossed that INT to Seymour to set up the Pats at our 9 YL for an easy TD. Instead of 27-17 losing, those two plays not occurring and us scoring 7 instead, would have allowed us to win 24-20 at least.

We had all the stats in that game, except for Drew's INTs!

Rushing avg. by the RBs: Us - 4.2, Pats 3.8
3rd down Effic.: Us 71%, them 36%
Total Net Yards: Us 390, them 275
Our STs played fine there, perhaps better than theirs. No problems there!

The reason we lost that game is due to QB play! Brady had 2 TDs and 0 INTs on 27 attempts and 183 net yards, while Drew had 2 TDs and 4 INTs on 51 attempts and 328 yards.

It was those 4 INTs that cost us that game. Otherwise, other than Drew that is, we outplayed the Pats!

Since we are better this year, I think we can expect more of the same. We should be able to outplay them. But if Drew kills our drives, especially on GtGs or in the RZ, and conversely sets up the Pats again, then we'll likely lose again since it makes it very difficult to win games by doing that!

If not, if he can manage to pull together an error-free, or close to it, game v. them, then IMO we'll win, easily!

So just like last year in game two, it'll come down to Drew!

Feelin' confident?

:)

RedEyE
08-21-2003, 04:39 PM
Good analysis Redeye.:up: I just don't know if Bledsoe or Gilbride will have the patience to stick with the short passing game long enough to outlast Brady. He could end up throwing that one crucial pick which could decide the game.

Thanks Church. Gilbride and Drew certainly showed us that last year.

WG
08-21-2003, 04:48 PM
Ironically, it was two short passes that screwed us over!

One that was picked by Seymour deep in our own end, the other ending a 2nd-and-goal situation.

Drew simply isn't reliable in the short game. We'll figure that out this year while the FO decides to sell as many tickets w/ him as they can chanting that "we can win w/ Drew!" as we ride Drew into preventing us from ever making a SB.

It could be the battle between the FO and fans for a year or two. Especially if McGahee doesn't work out well.

mchurchfie
08-21-2003, 04:52 PM
I'm more worried about the FO thinking that GW can take us to the Promised Land rather than Drew.:idunno:

shelby
08-21-2003, 06:20 PM
I'm more worried about the FO thinking that GW can take us to the Promised Land rather than Drew.:idunno:

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!

btw...who are you, and what did you do with the real Church?
:sadwalk:

:jk:

The game will be an excellent test of our defense, and our pass rush or lack thereof. i am fervently praying that Gilbride will put down the crack pipe and commit to a solid running game. If Travis doesn't develop a case of fumbleitis, he is a dangerous weapon. Drew is not mobile, and i don't feel comfortable relying on his arm to win the game for us.
i am also anxious to see how the Bills do in regard to penalties.:scared:

saviorbledsoe
08-21-2003, 06:45 PM
You people are so negative I dont know why i even come in here. I cant wait until Sept 8. When you all jump back on the bandwagon and realize that the REAL 2003 Bills are great and you made all your depressing assumptions on the 2003 preseason Bills.

The_Philster
08-21-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
You people are so negative I dont know why i even come in here. I cant wait until Sept 8. When you all jump back on the bandwagon and realize that the REAL 2003 Bills are great and you made all your depressing assumptions on the 2003 preseason Bills.

Actually, only the penalties are based on the preseason. The rest of it is based on past REGULAR-season performance as well as individual play in the preseason.
Pass rush? Where is it?
Balance on offense? where is it?

WG
08-21-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe

Yeah, where have you been? We really miss your posts...

:scared:

:D

MDFINFAN
08-21-2003, 10:34 PM
I wonder what happens to this board if you guys lose your first game.

bernielivsey_1
08-21-2003, 11:09 PM
We thank God were not fins fans.

Kicker22705
08-22-2003, 12:14 AM
don't forget the Patriots have weaknesses just like the Bills.

For one they have a subpar running game consisting of a decent offensive line with a average running back.

With our upgrades at linebacker and the addition of sam adams, they should have a difficult time running the ball on us. At least more than last year. This means the Patriots should be forces to more one dimensional to a run, pass, pass mode.

this should be a prime opprotunity to exploit the Patriot offense with the zone blitz.

Also, the Patriots are not very talented at WR position. None of their receivers surpassed the 1000 yard mark last season, and none of them are too much to handle for our bookend cornerbacks.

I truely think we have the more talented team of the two on that field that day. I just hope, like a lot of you already pointed out, that GW sticks with their gameplan and leaves it in the hands of Travis Henry and not Drew Bledsoe.

WG
08-22-2003, 12:17 AM
kicker,

Did you read what I wrote earlier?

We didn't lose last year due to poor D!

We lost b/c Drew tossed 1 INT on 2nd and goal at the 1 to cost us a TD, and then another to set the Pats up at our own 9 YL.

Our D played fine last year in the 2nd game! Really! If it plays that well again, we'll all be quite content!

We just can't hand the ball to the Pats like we did last year in game two. Any game in which you have 3 or 4 TOs it's not too likely you'll win, eh.

bernielivsey_1
08-22-2003, 12:43 AM
:punchu: If the D did play better in last years Pats games and scored a few times and compensated for Drews misques we would have won. You see it was the D's fault. :dead:
Those lazy sons a bitc***

WG
08-22-2003, 12:44 AM
Naturally!

LOL

bernielivsey_1
08-22-2003, 12:52 AM
:punchu: If the D did play better in last years Pats games and scored a few times and compensated for Drews misques we would have won. You see it was the D's fault. :dead:
Those lazy sons a bitc***

WG
08-22-2003, 01:02 AM
Deja vu...

bernielivsey_1
08-22-2003, 01:32 AM
computor glitch

Kicker22705
08-22-2003, 12:11 PM
i was agree with you wys. thats why i said leave the game in the hands of Travis. he was tearing the patsies front 7 until we fell behind and Gilbride decided to throw the ball 9 out of 10 times.

they did to us, what we should have done to them. they made us one dimensional into a pass pass pass team when we had a strong running game going. it's a shame we lost that second game, the team could have rode on Travis's back to victory in that game.

THATHURMANATOR
08-22-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Pride

You guys act like BB is some kind of coaching genius. They lost 7 games last year. They are not invincible. Will it be a very tough game? Yes but I think the Bills have just as good a shot at winning as they do losing that game.

RedEyE
08-22-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

You guys act like BB is some kind of coaching genius. They lost 7 games last year. They are not invincible. Will it be a very tough game? Yes but I think the Bills have just as good a shot at winning as they do losing that game.

Yeah, but Belicheck knows how to expose Drew better than an other coach in the league. He knew his weaknesses when he played for the Pats and now he exploits them twice a year. When need a better offensive scheme to beat the Pats. I think Henry is the key. They need to give Henry the ball on every play if that's what it takes. He'll punish him. Set up the pass, the screens and dumps. Use the FBs to open holes, go old school on their asses. We will not win if they repeat Gilbride's last season air attack. We just do not have the pass block.

Your right the Patriots have weaknesses to exploit as well. Are you confident that our coaching staff will locate them and use them to their advantage? I'm not sure they can based on last season's coaching performances. I only hope that LeBeau has said his peace to rally our talented D. Gray certainly can't do it.

the dude
08-22-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
kicker,

We didn't lose last year due to poor D!

We lost b/c Drew tossed 1 INT on 2nd and goal at the 1 to cost us a TD, and then another to set the Pats up at our own 9 YL.

Our D played fine last year in the 2nd game! Really! If it plays that well again, we'll all be quite content!

We just can't hand the ball to the Pats like we did last year in game two. Any game in which you have 3 or 4 TOs it's not too likely you'll win, eh.

Wys

Here you go on ... the Defense did not play "fine" last year against the Pats. The first 4 Pats drives resulted in scores. One you could attribute to the Bledsoe INT. If, like the Pats D, our D could oh on occasion have helped their offense with a turnover, you're right we maybe could have won that game - just like they helped against Miami. Bledsoe had his worst game, yes. But the defense sucked even more that game - until the Pats pulled back after getting a big lead, they were scoring at will. I don't know why you insist that all blame on these losses go to Drew, ESPECIALLY in that 2nd NE game.

Bills Drive Chart
StartTime TimePoss DriveBegan #ofPlays YardsGained Result
11:16 3:10 BUF 28 5 30 Punt
03:35 0:13 BUF 25 1 0 Interception
03:14 7:54 BUF 9 14 85 Interception
02:31 1:33 BUF 25 5 18 Punt
15:00 7:14 BUF 20 13 67 Field Goal
06:08 1:53 BUF 41 6 59 Touchdown
01:54 2:15 BUF 29 5 14 Punt
13:35 0:12 BUF 22 1 6 Fumble
10:06 0:14 BUF 26 1 0 Interception
08:54 1:17 BUF 33 3 23 Interception
05:48 4:43 BUF 12 18 88 Touchdown

Patriots Drive Chart
15:00 3:44 NE 37 7 52 Field Goal
08:06 4:31 NE 14 8 86 Touchdown
03:22 0:08 BUF 9 2 9 Touchdown
10:20 7:49 NE 20 12 67 Field Goal
00:58 0:58 NE 20 2 -3 End of Half
07:46 1:38 NE 23 3 8 Punt
04:15 2:21 NE 26 3 -1 Punt
14:39 1:04 NE 34 3 7 Punt
13:23 3:17 BUF 28 7 28 Touchdown
09:52 0:58 BUF 26 4 1 Missed FG
07:37 1:49 BUF 35 3 13 Punt
01:05 1:05 NE 46 2 -2 End of Game

I admit Bledsoe had some bad games down the stretch - primarily due to Gilbride's stubbornness. But don't absolve the defense for their faults in those losses.

the dude
08-22-2003, 03:44 PM
Again, I just needed to present you with some "facts" about how "fine" our D played against the Pats. Here are ALL the drives listed. Not counting the end of half possession, that's 5 touchdowns, 1 FG and 1 punt by NE. the average length of each of the NE TD drives was 72 yard - that's right 72 yards. NE owned our D last year. As much as Belicheck owned Gilbride, Charlie Weis sure dominated our defense.

Patriots Drive Chart
15:00 4:33 BUF 43 8 68 Touchdown
07:40 2:12 NE 40 3 9 Punt
02:43 4:49 NE 43 8 57 Touchdown
07:37 3:48 NE 20 9 28 Field Goal
00:10 0:10 NE 36 1 -1 End of Half
11:41 4:08 NE 17 8 93 Touchdown
06:22 5:28 NE 24 11 76 Touchdown
12:01 5:09 NE 36 9 64 Touchdown
05:56 4:01 BUF 29 7 28 Downs
Bills Drive Chart
10:27 2:47 BUF 38 6 30 Missed FG
05:28 2:45 BUF 19 4 18 Punt
12:54 5:17 BUF 29 10 62 Missed FG
03:49 3:39 BUF 20 16 60 Touchdown
15:00 3:19 BUF 41 6 27 Punt
07:33 1:11 BUF 35 3 1 Punt
00:54 3:53 BUF 44 9 49 Missed FG
06:52 0:56 BUF 40 2 4 Interception
01:55 1:55 BUF 1 9 80 End of Game

Like I said earlier, Bledsoe should shoulder a chunk of the blame here. But 3 missed FGs and a pathetic performance by the defense can't be ignored.