X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

I hate to say it but THe Patsies will beat The Bills in the opener

Brady carved up Pittsburgh's zone blitz defense pretty bad last year..he will dink and dunk us to death. The defense won't let the recievers get the big yardage after the catch like they did last year, because of the improvements we have made however, he will get just enough yardage to move the chains and will end up hitting us on a couple of deep balls. We all know what Billybobachick's defense is capable of against Drew and Co. As much as I would love to see him get served up a big slice of humble pie I don't see it happening...The Pats are going to be the team to beat in the AFC East.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Maybe I should PM jaded and tell that I won't go to the game then and sell the tickets to someone else
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

you REALLY do need zonebucks,don't you?
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• mchurchfie
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
        Maybe I should PM jaded and tell that I won't go to the game then and sell the tickets to someone else
        It might be a good idea...you better dump them while you can...
        My Band
        daveviterna.com

Comment

• Pride
          • Jul 2002

Churchie... I actually totally agree with you.

Unfortuntely, I just dont think GW and company have what it takes to outc coach Bellicheck. Our teams are too close in talent to leave it up to head coaches. We will lose because GW and KG will not be able to outsmart Bellicheck's Defense.

Comment

• mchurchfie
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
            you REALLY do need zonebucks,don't you?
            Just look at Wys's stash, will yuh?....he must be doing something right.
            My Band
            daveviterna.com

Comment

• Fairway To Green
              • Jul 2002

Bills are going to force a bunch of TO in this game. That will be just enough to help us overcome GW's bonehead mistakes

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mchurchfie

Just look at Wys's stash, will yuh?....he must be doing something right.
                He got a good subject that get's people going though. "Drew Sucks" Maybe you should start a Rob sucks thread, Wait a minute he does and everyone agrees .

Spikes will be a bust ?
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mchurchfie
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride
                  Churchie... I actually totally agree with you.

Unfortuntely, I just dont think GW and company have what it takes to outc coach Bellicheck. Our teams are too close in talent to leave it up to head coaches. We will lose because GW and KG will not be able to outsmart Bellicheck's Defense.
                  That's exactly what I'm talking about Pride. Like Bum Phillips said when asked about some coach one time..."He'll take his'n and beat yer'n and then turn around and take yer'n and beat his'n." BB owns GW's butt in every facet of coaching......the guy is scarey intelligent and for some reason always knows how to come up with an answer for The Bills. The Pats have quietly made some significant improvements on their team, their defense is going to be much better than last years...I hate to say it but I think that they will win The AFC East.
                  My Band
                  daveviterna.com

Comment

• RedEyE
                    • Jul 2002

Without a solid pass rush the Bills will have no choice but to let those little dinks and dunks through. I'm predictiing the game will be close and that the Bills will attempt to beat the Pats at there own game. Honestly, I don't expect much from either offense.

Henry, Campbell and Reed will have several catches in the flats and in the middle, nickle and diming their way up the field just as the Pats did to us last season. Troy Brown is comparable to Eric Moulds on his GOOD day, but neither one of them will see the ball much that Sunday. Our pass protection blows, I expect Moulds will see a lot of double teaming, and Brady has been having trouble with his passing shoulder.

If our running game breaks loose we could take this game in a hurry, otherwise it's going to be a low scoring brawl that will be decided by special teams and coaching (that really doesn't leave us with too much hope). We can only hope that our OL can produce some massive hole for Henry to barrel through. I'd love to see Gash in the backfiled with Henry on occassion, doing his imitation of a can opener.

We should finally get to see what LeBeau has contributed to Gray's and William's current scheme.

Early perdiction Bills: 16 - Pats: 14. Bills winning on a last second field goal.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                      • Jul 2002

Good analysis Redeye. I just don't know if Bledsoe or Gilbride will have the patience to stick with the short passing game long enough to outlast Brady. He could end up throwing that one crucial pick which could decide the game.
                      Last edited by mchurchfie; 08-21-2003, 04:19 PM.
                      My Band
                      daveviterna.com

Comment

• Wys Guy
                        Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                        • Jul 2002

Look, I think we all entirely discount the first game as simply a difference in coaching and some bizarre notion that Drew was gonna take advantage of the Pats more than they would take advantage of him.

BUT, the second game was a different story.

We essentially shut down the Pats in game two offensively! There's no way they would have won if two things hadn't happened. First, if Drew had scored a TD instead of throwing an INT on 2nd-and-1 at the Pat 1 YL, and secondly, if he hadn't tossed that INT to Seymour to set up the Pats at our 9 YL for an easy TD. Instead of 27-17 losing, those two plays not occurring and us scoring 7 instead, would have allowed us to win 24-20 at least.

We had all the stats in that game, except for Drew's INTs!

Rushing avg. by the RBs: Us - 4.2, Pats 3.8
                        3rd down Effic.: Us 71%, them 36%
                        Total Net Yards: Us 390, them 275
                        Our STs played fine there, perhaps better than theirs. No problems there!

The reason we lost that game is due to QB play! Brady had 2 TDs and 0 INTs on 27 attempts and 183 net yards, while Drew had 2 TDs and 4 INTs on 51 attempts and 328 yards.

It was those 4 INTs that cost us that game. Otherwise, other than Drew that is, we outplayed the Pats!

Since we are better this year, I think we can expect more of the same. We should be able to outplay them. But if Drew kills our drives, especially on GtGs or in the RZ, and conversely sets up the Pats again, then we'll likely lose again since it makes it very difficult to win games by doing that!

If not, if he can manage to pull together an error-free, or close to it, game v. them, then IMO we'll win, easily!

So just like last year in game two, it'll come down to Drew!

Feelin' confident?

:)
                        Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mchurchfie
                          Good analysis Redeye. I just don't know if Bledsoe or Gilbride will have the patience to stick with the short passing game long enough to outlast Brady. He could end up throwing that one crucial pick which could decide the game.

Thanks Church. Gilbride and Drew certainly showed us that last year.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                            Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                            • Jul 2002

Ironically, it was two short passes that screwed us over!

One that was picked by Seymour deep in our own end, the other ending a 2nd-and-goal situation.

Drew simply isn't reliable in the short game. We'll figure that out this year while the FO decides to sell as many tickets w/ him as they can chanting that "we can win w/ Drew!" as we ride Drew into preventing us from ever making a SB.

It could be the battle between the FO and fans for a year or two. Especially if McGahee doesn't work out well.
                            Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• mchurchfie
                              • Jul 2002

I'm more worried about the FO thinking that GW can take us to the Promised Land rather than Drew.
                              My Band
                              daveviterna.com

Comment

Working...
                              X