PDA

View Full Version : Top 40 fantasy QB's

TypicalBill
08-22-2003, 05:32 AM
1. Donovan McNabb, Eagles: No team asks more of its quarterback than Philadelphia, and McNabb comes through every time. He does it all, and he does it without a 1,000-yard receiver or a running back that strikes fear in any defense. When the Eagles pile up 350 total yards in a game this year, McNabb will be responsible for 300 of them.

2. Peyton Manning, Colts: He has topped the 4,000-yard mark and the 28-touchdown plateau four years in a row. There's no reason to think he will not make it five. A healthy Edgerrin James and an improved Reggie Wayne will certainly help him achieve the goal.

3. Kurt Warner, Rams: He would be No. 1 if there was a way he could play in a bubble to prevent him from getting hurt. Forget about all of his hand problems. Remember, this is a man who has thrown 41 TD passes in a season and racked up 4,830 yards in another.

4. Daunte Culpepper, Vikings: He led all quarterbacks in 2002 with 10 rushing touchdowns. He is unstoppable around the goal line. But unless he cuts his interceptions and fumbles in half, Culpepper cannot be rated any higher.

5. Rich Gannon, Raiders: Was this guy throwing rocks to Fred Flinstone for the Bedrock Boulders back in the Stone Ages? He surely is old enough. You still cannot ignore the almost 5,000 yards of total offense he amassed with the pass-happy Raiders last season.

6. Aaron Brooks, Saints: Brooks is arguably the best fantasy quarterback in the NFL - until week 11 comes along and he either gets dinged up or starts throwing curve balls to his receivers. Draft him high and then trade him right before he goes into his annual nosedive.

7. Chad Pennington, Jets: Mr. Accuracy has proven he can throw the short ball and avoid interceptions. Now he has to prove that he can still be a fantasy force without best buddy Laveranues Coles and when defenses force him to throw long.

The Full List (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fantasyclm&prov=st&type=lgns)

R. Rich
08-22-2003, 06:49 AM
I'm not sure what the meaning of his 'ranking' is. Is he saying "now that Vick is hurt, here's the best guys out there"? If so, this person needs to know that Vick is NOT done for the season. He should be back in 6 weeks, if all goes well. There's no way he shouldn't be drafted! He should be available when you need him most, toward the end of the season.

TypicalBill
08-22-2003, 06:55 AM
Until last weekend it looked pretty cut and dry who the top quarterback in fantasy football was going to be heading into the 2003 season. Then Michael Vick went and broke his leg.

15. Michael Vick, Falcons: If he really is only going to miss four or five games, you still have to think about drafting him pretty high.

from the article.. :D

R. Rich
08-22-2003, 07:27 AM
15th? Nah. After what I've seen so far from the Giants' offensive line, I wouldn't take Collins ahead of Vick. Their line looked absolutely horrible against the Patriots and hasn't gotten that much better since. That's a reason I stayed away from Tiki Barber and Amani Toomer as well. Unless they get their O line problems straightened out, none of those guys will be good fantasy players.

TypicalBill
08-22-2003, 07:30 AM
Thats exactly why i stayed away from their players..they have excellent players at skill positions but it wont matter if they dont have an offensive line.. their Oline looks terrible so far..

lordofgun
08-22-2003, 10:37 AM
from the article
Matt Hasselbeck, Seahawks: He lit up secondaries for 2,500 yards passing during an eight-game stretch when he took over for injured Trent Dilfer. Maybe Mike Holmgren was right about him after all.

:bravo:

TypicalBill
08-22-2003, 10:55 AM
:bf1:

Sabre Ally
08-22-2003, 06:06 PM
39. Rob Johnson, Redskins: Not even sure if he is better than Danny Wuerffel.

:snicker: