• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

What would you rather have happen?

1. Drew Bledsoe has a career ending injury in week 5 but Alex Van Pelt takes them the rest of the way and wins the SuperBowl?

or

2. Drew Bledsoe has his best career year, breaks Dan Marino's single season passing record, breaks every other passing record for the regular season, takes the Bills to the playoffs but lose in the AFC Championship game. But, the offense and defense are both top 3 in the league and barring injury would be even stronger next season.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

• ryven
    • Jan 2003

I will go for the the third option and have a healthy bledsoe, him have an above average seanson and we win the superbowl.

Comment

• imbondz
      Democrats are people too
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by ryven
      I will go for the the third option and have a healthy bledsoe, him have an above average seanson and we win the superbowl.
      that's NOT AN OPTION

Comment

• bernielivsey_1
        • Jul 2003

I dont care if T. Brown is our QB as long as we win a SB.
        In Marv We Trust
        The Past Is Now The Future

Comment

• imbondz
          Democrats are people too
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by bernielivsey_1
          I dont care if T. Brown is our QB as long as we win a SB.
          but the question is at the expense of a career ending injury to Bledsoe?

Comment

• EricStratton
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by imbondz

but the question is at the expense of a career ending injury to Bledsoe?

As long as he doesn't die (or become permantly disabled) I'd take the SB.

Wishing death on someone (other than a Fish fan) for a SB seems harsh.

Comment

• ryven
              • Jan 2003

I would like bledsoe to stay healthy cause were are going to have to draft a QB soon and it would be nice to have that QB have the time to develop and not just thrown to the lions so to speak. So I would go with option 2 but I still like my option better

Comment

• Throne Logic
                Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                • Aug 2002

SB win.
                Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EricStratton
                  Wishing death on someone (other than a Fish fan) for a SB seems harsh.

What about a Jets fan?

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                    • Jul 2002

Re: What would you rather have happen?

Originally posted by imbondz
                    1. Drew Bledsoe has a career ending injury in week 5 but Alex Van Pelt takes them the rest of the way and wins the SuperBowl?

or

2. Drew Bledsoe has his best career year, breaks Dan Marino's single season passing record, breaks every other passing record for the regular season, takes the Bills to the playoffs but lose in the AFC Championship game. But, the offense and defense are both top 3 in the league and barring injury would be even stronger next season.
                    First of all, we have no control over this, so it's not like fan opinion can drive an injury to replace a starter.

But I would say this, that if option A happened, then it surely wouldn't say much for Drew now, would it!

He'd have tried and failed in N.E. only to have been replaced by Brady who's already outdone Bledsoe's best in terms of both team and individual performances.

If the same happened here, then why would anyone care if Bledsoe's career ended. Some of the responses here seem to indicate that some would rather see the team led by Drew regardless of possible outcomes under different QBs regardless of who they are!

On option two, again, just as last year, since "passing records" are not equivalent to points or scoring records, I say who gives a crap about passing records. Anyone thinking option B must value "passing records" over team achievement!

The ultimate goal is to win the SB. Not Drew, not a person, but the team. If we're better suited to do that w/ Drew, Moulds, Henry, or any individual or combination of individuals out, then fine! Why should that upset anyone.

Again, I think in many fans' minds, this is the "Bledsoe Bills", not the Buffalo Bills!

IMO we'd be better w/o Drew in there period! He simply makes too many mistakes, can't beat the better teams, and just isn't the kind of QB you can count on to not make a ton of critical errors in the playoffs and should we ever reach the Super Bowl. If we ever won a SB, it would be in spite of Drew, not b/c of him!

I think many QBs could replace him and we'd be better. We might not have all the passing records, but IMO we'd be better as a team, more effective in putting the ball in the EZ, and thus scoring more points than the paltry 17.8 this lazy-assed O amassed for most of the latter part of last season under Drew.

So in that regard, if we're a better team w/o him, then why does it matter why he doesn't start. This will all become more clear as this season progresses.
                    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                      My IQ Test results came back negative
                      • Oct 2002

Re: Re: What would you rather have happen?

Originally posted by Wys Guy

He'd have tried and failed in N.E. only to have been replaced by Brady who's already outdone Bledsoe's best in terms of both team and individual performances.

Wys you make me laugh! all brady does is throw Screen passes....he tried to scramble and gets HAMMERED.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                        • Jul 2002

Re: Re: Re: What would you rather have happen?

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
                        Wys you make me laugh! all brady does is throw Screen passes....he tried to scramble and gets HAMMERED.
                        He won a SB and has exceeded Drew's best season ever!!!

HELLO!!

Pull your head outta that melon and smell some daylight. Give it a rest already! We know you love Drew more than you love the Bills, but this is getting REALLY old!

You wanna know what Brady did that Drew didn't do in the SB and playoffs?

He didn't toss tons of INTs, twice as many as TDs in fact, and he didn't make stupid mistakes to prevent his team from winning.

Who cares if he throws short passes! If Drew could throw those same short passes the way that Brady does, then perhaps we'd have won the division last year and advanced. Perhaps we'd have an offense that on paper should be scoring at least 28 PPG scoring less than 18 PPG for the majority of last season, particularly that latter greater portion!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          • Jul 2002

BOA,

BTW, you don't watch Brady much, do ya?

He doesn't throw nearly as many screen passes as you said. He's got a great OTM arm. That's why guys like Brown have been so incredibly more successful under Brady than under Drew!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• clumping platelets

WIN SUPER BOWL!!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

How can you not pick option 1.

Comment

Working...
                              X