PDA

View Full Version : Jealous!!!

lordofgun
09-18-2002, 09:27 AM
<b>Would they have Bledsoe much with, say, a different quarterback? </b>

Conclusion No. 1: Boy, did the Redskins blow it by not trading for Drew Bledsoe — and sinking their money into Jeremiah Trotter instead. Bledsoe needed all of two weeks to set a Bills record for most passing yards in a game (469 in Sunday's overtime win at Minnesota). He's completing 69.3 percent of his throws, has led two fourth-quarter comebacks and has turned Peerless Price into a star.

http://www.washtimes.com/sports/20020918-27558017.htm

clumping platelets
09-18-2002, 09:29 AM
Sucks to be them :evil:

casdhf
09-18-2002, 09:29 AM
I'm all over the Bledsoe band-wagon, but I'm going to get really excited until we play a really good defense

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2002, 09:31 AM
Either way he is a great QB and leader!!!

Earthquake Enyart
09-18-2002, 09:31 AM
Bet they are thinking the same thing in Pittsburgh, Miami, Seattle, Phoenix, Cincinnati, Tampa, Carolina, Detroit, Kansas City............

Valerie
09-18-2002, 09:32 AM
WooHoo!!! I love reading articles like this. :up: It always sucks to be the Redskins. lmao :evil:

don137
09-18-2002, 09:43 AM
Kudos to TD...I also believe Bledsoe is playing really inspired ball. I am not saying he will lead us to the super bowl this year but after two games he is exceeding mine as well as many others expectations.

Captain gameboy
09-18-2002, 09:44 AM
They don't have near the quality WR's we have either. Not to pile on, but I'm glad Spurrier got drilled. I thought ESPN was going to change it's name to the Steve channel last week. Who needed to see replays of him flailing around as a winless Buc?
I'm already tired of the guy.

lordofgun
09-18-2002, 09:47 AM
Spurrier's lips are talented.

Earthquake Enyart
09-18-2002, 09:47 AM
Wait until the Niners kick their asses for what they did in Japan.

Dozerdog
09-18-2002, 09:55 AM
Take the Over on that one!!

Funny-

all the bad QB trades of the previous few years (RJ for a #1,
Ryan Leif for a boatload of picks,Trent Green for #1, Hassleback for a #1) really drove the price for Bledsoe down, to the point where the Pats did exactly waht they did not wan to do- trade him in the division for future considerations (an unknown #1 next season)

Bledsoe will drive the price of QBs through the roof again next year. Minnesota could get a pretty penny for Todd Bouman (sp?) after he finshed last season pretty strong.

Phins054
09-18-2002, 09:58 AM
I didn't think Spurriers offense would work real well in the regular season...Serves him right for running up the scores in pre-season. That let everbody see what he is doing and now real defenses can game plan for his offense...:chuckle:

justasportsfan
09-18-2002, 10:01 AM
If we make our running game consistent, our O will be just as good or even better than the bills 0f the 90's. Same goes with D.
I think we're really a year away from the SB.

Gunzlingr
09-18-2002, 10:07 AM
I liked Spurrier's comment that he couldn't believe that Andy Reid didn't try to score again at the end. He really believes that you should run up the score. What a dumb ass.

Valerie
09-18-2002, 10:09 AM
I agree with you Phins. :) I think the Redskins come out with their guns blazing in preseason, but during regular season, when it counts, they fade very quickly. If I remember correctly, they did the same thing last year. Came on strong and then faded quickly.

I'm sick of hearing about Spurrier and his stupid offense too. It's all anyone can talk about and it's not only down here, it's everywhere. Supposedly the Skins are the "team to watch." :rolleyes: I'll be watching them alright, watching them tank week after week. :evil:

Valerie
09-18-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan If we make our running game consistent, our O will be just as good or even better than the bills 0f the 90's. Same goes with D.
I think we're really a year away from the SB.
Hi Babe. :peck: I agree with you. I think the Bills are a year away from the playoffs and a chance at the Super Bowl. But, they're coming along. :up:

vabillsfan
09-18-2002, 12:30 PM
To the tune of Hail to the Redskins:

Fail, do the Redskins
Fail, bad each week
Spurriers a dumb a$$
Sucks to be in, DC!!!

What the DC media says:

"Redskins rule. Spurrier rules. Redskins for President. We love the Redskins"

What Bills fans in DC hear:

"Redskins blah, blah, Redskins blah blah blah, Redskins blah blah blah blah blah blah"

Valerie
09-18-2002, 12:45 PM
VaBillsFan, that's GREAT!!!! lmao :chuckle: Isn't that the truth though? And how sick are you of that damn song?

lordofgun
09-18-2002, 12:45 PM
:lol: I miss the far side.

BTW, I LOVE running up the score.