PDA

View Full Version : Carson charged with kidnapping

Cntrygal
08-23-2003, 04:41 AM
Former Shaw High School and Auburn University football star Leonardo Carson, who now plays defensive tackle for the San Diego Cihargers, was arrested in Mobile Thursday on charges he broke into a Sage Avenue apartment and abducted a woman, police said.

more... (http://www.al.com/news/mobileregister/index.ssf?/xml/story.ssf/html_standard.xsl?/base/news/106154375116140.xml)

Cntrygal
08-23-2003, 04:43 AM
Thursday's incident wasn't Carson's first brush with the law.

In February 2002 he was charged with harassment and menacing after allegedly pulling a gun at a car repair shop in Mobile. The outcome of that charge could not be determined Thursday night.

According to state court records, Carson was arrested for third-degree assault and third-degree criminal mischief in February 2001. Both charges are set for a jury trial Oct. 9.

Carson was also arrested in March 1996 for breaking into and entering a car. He was given youthful offender status and a year of parole.

Court records show Carson was arrested on a charge of third-degree assault in July 2000. That case was postponed several times until June of this year when a decision was made to not prosecute.

:madfire: Just how many chances should these *******s get before they get locked up???????

Cntrygal
08-25-2003, 07:35 AM
The Chargers had little to say Friday about defensive tackle Leonardo Carson, who was arrested a day earlier in Mobile, Ala., and charged with breaking into an apartment and kidnapping a woman.

"I don't know what the facts are, and until I've had an opportunity to determine exactly what those facts are, it is not appropriate for me to respond to any questions with regard to that," coach Marty Schottenheimer said before the Chargers flew to Houston for tonight's preseason game.

more... (http://www.sptimes.com/2003/08/23/Sports/Chargers_stay_mum_on_.shtml)

Ebenezer
08-25-2003, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Cntrygal

:madfire: Just how many chances should these *******s get before they get locked up???????

they should get zero.

The_Philster
08-25-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
they should get zero.

:bf1: The laws should apply equally to athletes/celebrities and to regular citizens