PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe "we had some sloppy plays on MY part"

TypicalBill
08-24-2003, 06:06 AM
After the great game he had, he still said that HE made a mistake .. just to show people that he does take responcibility when he's wrong, although i think he shouldn't have as its a team sport.. just shows his leadership and character.

On the first couple of Bills' offensive drives:

"We showed what we're capable of if we don't have mistakes. When we don't make mistakes, we're efficient. I know we can do a great job offensively.

"In the second quarter, we had some sloppy plays on my part. We had the interception where Sam Gash got knocked down and that was where I was going with the ball. So I just have to be careful with the ball and throw it out of bounds."

-------------------------------------------------

"The bone-headed interception by me in the third possession where I had a guy fall down and I just threw it back into the middle and didn't see the linebacker. "

rest of quotes (http://www.buffalobills.com/games/index.cfm?cont_id=200988)

Novacane
08-24-2003, 07:27 AM
That was a horrible throw. Wys had to change Bledsoe's grade from a C to a D because of that throw. :D

WG
08-24-2003, 07:51 AM
LOL,

I had to change his grade from C to D b/c he threw the ball nearly 30 times in one half. :D

Seriously, Drew had one of his decent games. I was troubled by the offensive ineffectiveness after the first two drives however.

Passed too much again, which is Gilbride presumably. RBs averaging over 6 YPC, should have run more.

OL played very well. Good game all-in-all. Not sure we would have beaten N.E. playing like that, but things are looking up!

WG
08-24-2003, 07:52 AM
"...bone-headed..."

LMAO

At least Drew can laugh at himself like that. I respect that!

I can laugh at him too...!

:scared:

:D

TypicalBill
08-24-2003, 08:01 AM
i agree, Drew was effective but doing this again and again will result in him fading by the end of the year like last year... we had a good running game even when Henry was out..we should've stuck with the game plan.

ejsmith
08-24-2003, 08:06 AM
Explain to me again why we would want to pound our RB's all game long in the preseason when they have shown they are capable of getting 6 YPC??? You people are killing me. It's a preseason game!! Why would we want to get our RB's banged up already? Wouldn't you rather have them fresh for the beginning of the season??

shelby
08-24-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by ejsmith
Explain to me again why we would want to pound our RB's all game long in the preseason when they have shown they are capable of getting 6 YPC??? You people are killing me. It's a preseason game!! Why would we want to get our RB's banged up already? Wouldn't you rather have them fresh for the beginning of the season??

Good point.

i came away from this game feeling much better about how the Bills are going to perform in the regular season.
:gobills:

clumping platelets
08-24-2003, 08:16 AM
Who has sloppy seconds?? :gag:

:ontome:

saviorbledsoe
08-24-2003, 08:19 AM

Amen...thank you!

The_Philster
08-24-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by shelby
Good point.

i came away from this game feeling much better about how the Bills are going to perform in the regular season.
:gobills:

Same here. I'm excited about the season. We're gonna kick some ass :up:

BillsOwnAll
08-24-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
LOL,

I had to change his grade from C to D b/c he threw the ball nearly 30 times in one half. :D

Seriously, Drew had one of his decent games. I was troubled by the offensive ineffectiveness after the first two drives however.

Passed too much again, which is Gilbride presumably. RBs averaging over 6 YPC, should have run more.

OL played very well. Good game all-in-all. Not sure we would have beaten N.E. playing like that, but things are looking up!

22-29..... is a D so whats 49-50? and b-?

Novacane
08-24-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by BillsOwnAll

22-29..... is a D so whats 49-50? and b-?

I don't think you noticed the smiley BOA....................he said Drew had a decent game. Comming from wys that means it was a very good game.:D

I'd give Drew a B + for the game the Int was boneheaded and dropped cost him an A

cordog
08-24-2003, 10:49 AM
Oh how quickly things change, this time last week people around here were ready to throw in the towel. That is why PRESEASON MEANS NOTHING

colin
08-24-2003, 10:57 AM
You can judge Bledsoe on the way he runs the 2 minute drill.

He is an outstanding player, if our line and OC and Gilby do their job, he and moulds and co will tear up any D quickly.

Saying he is a weak point on the team is just ignorant.

mackey789
08-24-2003, 11:37 AM
WYS, YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!! They stacked 8 men in the box all game, why would we run the ball? You have no clue.

bernielivsey_1
08-24-2003, 07:00 PM
To see if we could.

Stewie
08-24-2003, 09:41 PM

Dude OF COURSE NOT! What we need is great stats during pre-seaons games! We also MUST convince the rest of the NFL we're a running team so they plan on stacking the line against it... Rested RB's during the playoffs?!?!????? Get your priorities in order!!!!!

socalfan
08-24-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by TypicalBill
[B]we had some sloppy plays on my part. We had the interception ...... So I just have to be careful with the ball and throw it out of bounds."

I wish Drew would just drop this humble pie stuff. It makes no sense to take responsibility for a receiver falling on a play and telling us he'll fix it the next time by just throwing the ball out of bounds.

Ingtar33
08-24-2003, 11:24 PM
The Rams stacked 8 even 9 men in the box... why would you run in that situation?

There is a point where you have to take the initiative in a football game away. With the Rams stacking the box the bills went to the air. The result? Bledsoe and the O had a tremendous game; the Rams looked inflexible and foolish. I thought by the third time Bledsoe audibled to a pass the Rams would have backed up a bit. They never did, the result?

200+ yards passing and a near flawless first half.