PDA

View Full Version : Sam "Fat Lard" Adams

Novacane
08-24-2003, 07:17 AM
Oh My Goodness. No wonder he is not doing anything. We sat 10 rows behind the Bills bench so I got a good look at him.

He is so fat is looks like he is having trouble even carrying his own weight. I know the guy is huge and we want him that way but he is TOO fat. I can't believe after all his talk about getting in shape in the offseason that he came in like this. I don't think the guy gives a damn. I am comming over to your side of the fence on him Wys.

The guys on the postgame show were saying he has gotten fatter as training camp went on. Thats ridiculas. Edwards should definately start in front of him.

clumping platelets
08-24-2003, 07:19 AM
Maybe he'll get released :shakeno:

Novacane
08-24-2003, 07:22 AM
I would not go that far YET! I'd like to see if he is just not giving it his all because it's preseason but if he keeps doing nothing through the first month of real games I'd not have a problem releasing him.

BillsMan80
08-24-2003, 07:31 AM
I don't know if he gets cut. I want to see him come regular season time before I cut a guy like that.

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 07:49 AM
He only lasted a few plays before I saw him waddling to the sideline and never return.

WG
08-24-2003, 07:54 AM
"waddling"

LOL

Originally posted by clumping platelets
Maybe he'll get released :shakeno:

I wouldn't! He's our worst DT! For the bucks he's getting I think he's a prime target. They're certainly not gonna give him the snaps to earn his incentives, and he's too expensive as a backup.

Bottom line, at present, he's next to useless.

WG
08-24-2003, 07:55 AM
Edwards looks like he's bulked up however and is playing extremely well IMO. That's the way Adams should be playing!

shelby
08-24-2003, 08:04 AM
:bigmike: Sounds like someone needs some incentive to try the Slimfast plan. Give the man some Subway gift certificates, for Chrissakes.
:cynic:

clumping platelets
08-24-2003, 08:07 AM
It's gotta be the wings :hungry:

Historian
08-24-2003, 08:26 AM
They didn't get the guy to be a slimfast model, they got him to plug holes, and take the double teams off Pat! The center of the line is solid. The DEs are the ones that are terrible. Denney, Schobel, and Kelsay are arena league talent, IMO.

I wish I had a buck for every time they overcommitted in the last couple weeks. Marshall Faulk made them all look silly.

don137
08-24-2003, 09:09 AM
Doesn't Adams have an incentive laced contract?

justasportsfan
08-24-2003, 09:19 AM
Wouldn't it be great if someone asked Pat Williams if he is happy the way Adams is performing? Someone should blasts Adams when talking to Pat, this way it gets to him since Adams lives w/ Pat.

I'm not ready to say Adams was a mistake yet. We all know if he doesn't perform , the coaches will sit his a$$ down and that should get him going. I have faith in Krumrie to do the right thing.

TypicalBill
08-24-2003, 09:36 AM
but if Adams doesn't perform, we'll be in deep trouble on the left side of the line... the right side is solid with PAt and Aaron but the left side would get picked on all game. I hope he performs.

Kelly The Dog
08-24-2003, 09:58 AM
The fact remains that Adams has been everything we need him to be. When he has been in the game, there hasnt been one good run up the middle, or even one 10 yard run (unless you count a QB scramble for 12 on a 2-20 where they soon punted). The only TDs and significant gains against us were on passes. The Rams punted the only series he played last night, here we got a sack. He didnt play because they were in three wides the whole game and they rested him. NO runner in three games and one scrimmage has had a lot of yards or even a very good YPC when Adams was close to the field. He is already one of our most valuable players.

Stewie
08-24-2003, 03:43 PM
They can't cut fat Sam. I need him on my online madden team, which follows the real rosters :P He's an 85 overall.. which makes him and PW (93) great in the middle.

Ð
08-24-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by don137
Doesn't Adams have an incentive laced contract?

No, I think it was a chocolate-covered contract

bernielivsey_1
08-24-2003, 05:04 PM
Ted Washington is 45 lbs heavier than Sam. The fridge used to waddle (even more now). His size doesnt matter its his ability. If the coaches were worried he would be playing more to get in shape. Sam will be fine come Sept 7.

Halbert
08-24-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Kelly The Dog
The fact remains that Adams has been everything we need him to be. When he has been in the game, there hasnt been one good run up the middle, or even one 10 yard run. The only TDs and significant gains against us were on passes.
Exactly.

He'll get about 13 tackles and be lucky to get a sack this year. He won't intercept any passes, he won't run a fumble back for a TD, he won't catch a QB from behind, and he won't catch any TD's as a tackle eligible.

All he'll do is plant his fat, waddling body in the middle of the line and push two blockers upfield. And for that he might make the ProBowl.

R. Rich
08-24-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Ð

No, I think it was a chocolate-covered contract

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

R. Rich
08-24-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by bernielivsey_1
Ted Washington is 45 lbs heavier than Sam. The fridge used to waddle (even more now). His size doesnt matter its his ability. If the coaches were worried he would be playing more to get in shape. Sam will be fine come Sept 7.

Originally posted by Halbert
Exactly.

He'll get about 13 tackles and be lucky to get a sack this year. He won't intercept any passes, he won't run a fumble back for a TD, he won't catch a QB from behind, and he won't catch any TD's as a tackle eligible.

All he'll do is plant his fat, waddling body in the middle of the line and push two blockers upfield. And for that he might make the ProBowl.

I sure hope you guys are right, but Adams has had some off moments this preseason. I was at the Baltimore game and the Ravens did have some success running up the gut in that game, in particular the first quarter, when both teams' starters were in. Same with the Titans in the 2nd game. Like you, I will reserve judgment for when the season starts. But, if he's not getting it done in September and teams have success running at him, then it's time to address his playing, whether they light a fire under him to play better, bench him, release him, whatever.

WG
08-24-2003, 07:03 PM
Some "off moments"...?

Has he had any "on moments?"

Seriously?

Exactly.

He hasn't done anything close to that all season thus far Hal. He rarely, twice by my count in two games as I didn't catch the first Q yesterday while they were trying to find a St. Louis feed, but he hasn't even been effective against a single blocker.

I really don't know what you supporters of Adams are even talking about. It's pretty clear to me that you haven't watched him play. Edwards has by far exceeded Adams in spades. Not the Edwards is playing like Sapp, but Adams is playing like a sap.

The_Philster
08-24-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever
He only lasted a few plays before I saw him waddling to the sideline and never return.

According to Chef Mark, he's walked like that since joining the team. Probably a result of a lot of surgeries over the years. Regardless, it worries me

WG
08-24-2003, 07:10 PM
It doesn't worry me much. Just start Edwards. He's much better than he was last year if yesterday's game is any indication. Unlike many, I knew we weren't getting pro bowl play outta Adams this year. I figured we'd be happy if he could just step up to average+.

Guess not...

Kelly The Dog
08-24-2003, 07:41 PM
The Browns got about zero yards rushing when Adams was in. The Ravens got nowhere rushing when Adams was in. Eddie George had 9-20 with a 6 or 7 yard run off tackle away from Adams as his only good carry when Adams was in against the Titans. The Rams punted the only series Adams was in against them and we got a sack right up the middle. I have watched him. In the TN game he didnt even try and still completely plugged up the middle. He hasnt even tried yet and no one has done anything against the Bills run D when Adams has played. The longest play up the middle in four games is, what, 6 yards? What are you looking for in a run defense except for stopping the run?

WG
08-24-2003, 07:51 PM
Yeah, well it had nothing to do w/ Adams then. In fact, I think it was one of the Raven backs who breezed right by Adams. He couldn't even move his lard butt out from a one-man block to even get a good hit on the RB as the RB skated into the EZ from 6 or 7 out for a TD.

He didn't do a whole heck of a lot on that play!

You know Kelly, there are 10 other players out there. This is like crediting Drew for every single point that the O scored last year.

WG
08-24-2003, 07:51 PM
BTW, the only thing that he's plugged apparently is his colon!

Kelly The Dog
08-24-2003, 08:04 PM
[i]
Yeah, well it had nothing to do w/ Adams then. In fact, I think it was one of the Raven backs who breezed right by Adams. He couldn't even move his lard butt out from a one-man block to even get a good hit on the RB as the RB skated into the EZ from 6 or 7 out for a TD.

He didn't do a whole heck of a lot on that play!

You know Kelly, there are 10 other players out there. This is like crediting Drew for every single point that the O scored last year.

[/B]

Well, in a word: No.

Against the Ravens the lone TD scored when Adams was in was on a one yard run by Jamal, who was like 6-15 in the game. Directly after being stopped for a 2, a 1 and a 0.

I am not saying this is all Adams doing whatsoever. What I am saying is where does this criticism come from when no one has done much if anything against us when he has been in the game yet? I could imagine people saying he's a fat slob when teams are ripping off 8-10 yard runs, and 2-3 first downs in a row. But they havent. The longest run has been like 6 yards and it was away from him. He was brought in to plug up the middle and stop teams from running all over us. He hasnt even tried yet and they havent done it once.

mchurchfie
08-24-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Sort of like you blaming Adams for every single yard gained against the defense Wys.:shakeno:

Jan Reimers
08-25-2003, 10:22 AM
Sam will be great at plugging up the middle. He's not going to be an athletic, penetrating guy for God's sake. He's a space eater. We should cut him for Sape? Get real.

THATHURMANATOR
08-25-2003, 10:36 AM
I think I remember Ted Washington hitting the buffet pretty hard too and he played fine right?

IHateTheDullphins
08-25-2003, 11:35 AM
Once again, can we maybe wait til it counts to start labeling this guy. He works hard, I mean c'mon, can any of you people swallow an entire rack of lamb, and store it for a rainy day?

Ð
08-25-2003, 11:38 AM
He's like a sleepy bear waking up from hibernation.

He'll take a while to get going.

The_Philster
09-07-2003, 11:10 PM

:scratch: You were saying? :D

MDFINFAN
09-07-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

Philster, don't get too happy, this guy's weight will catch up with him..remember my early warnings, he starts good each season only to fade to bad conditioning, he is way too big. I still predict 2nd half of the season you will be crying about him..

The_Philster
09-07-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Philster, don't get too happy, this guy's weight will catch up with him..remember my early warnings, he starts good each season only to fade to bad conditioning, he is way too big. I still predict 2nd half of the season you will be crying about him..

If he paces himself out he should be fine.

MDFINFAN
09-07-2003, 11:30 PM

If he paces himself out he should be fine.

:pop:

That's what's going to happen as the year go by, but for now, feel good about what he accomplish..again, good win..exercised your Demon of last year.

Doc
09-07-2003, 11:32 PM
Worry about Seau fading, not Sam Adams.

The_Philster
09-07-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Doc
Worry about Seau fading, not Sam Adams.

Seau was already fading in the preseason. :D

Tatonka
09-07-2003, 11:40 PM

seriously md.. i mean this in the nicest way possible.. ZIP IT! f

Seau was already fading in the preseason. :D

rofl.. yeah.. they used him great on those "blitz" packages.. zero sacks against the TEXANS oline..
:lol:

Exactly.

i find this statement SO amusing at this point..

Tatonka
09-07-2003, 11:40 PM
i wonder how much money his sack and int for a td made him with his incentive laden contract.. :D

Michael82
09-08-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i wonder how much money his sack and int for a td made him with his incentive laden contract.. :D

That what I was thinking. Big Sam probably was thinking about the bucks as he ran it in for a touchdown. :D

socalfan
09-08-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Mike32282

That what I was thinking. Big Sam probably was thinking about the bucks as he ran it in for a touchdown. :D

I wonder if he can actual cause the Bills to go over the salary cap?

Ð
09-08-2003, 01:04 AM
http://us.ent3.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/contrib_pix/g/a/hds/garrett_morris.jpg

Besbol's been berry berry good to me

Ingtar33
09-08-2003, 01:07 AM
hmmm, im gonna have to find the thread, but i think it was after the raven's game when someone asked how SA plays in ghte pre-season. I responded with the line, something like...

"I've seen him the two years he was in Balt, and he takes the pre-seasons off"

i think people should pay a bit more attention to me ;)

northernbillfan
09-08-2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
hmmm, im gonna have to find the thread, but i think it was after the raven's game when someone asked how SA plays in ghte pre-season. I responded with the line, something like...

Those that would ever doubt you Ingtar, are rookies here.

You are the man when it comes to analyzing the team.

Michael82
09-08-2003, 01:16 AM

I agree! Sam is like Bruce for the preseason!!! :D Who the :angry: cares? :snicker:

Originally posted by northernbillfan
Those that would ever doubt you Ingtar, are rookies here.

You are the man when it comes to analyzing the team.

Wys is the ONLY one! :lol:

TypicalBill
09-08-2003, 03:45 AM
i remember Ingtar's analysis at the end of last season... he told us the weak points of the team and graded those.... TD somehow went out and got players for those exact positions (weakside LB, SOLB, safety, DT)

The_Philster
09-08-2003, 06:03 AM
i find this statement SO amusing at this point..

Me too....and so did Halbert when he reminded me of what he said. :snicker:

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-08-2003, 06:29 AM
He played pretty well for a big man.

STAMPY
09-08-2003, 09:58 AM
pretty well... big sam had a hell of a game. i love that guy. i dunno what some of u guys are thinking. he's a great need we filled

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-08-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
pretty well... big sam had a hell of a game. i love that guy. i dunno what some of u guys are thinking. he's a great need we filled

Sorry man, you misunderstood my sarcasm, I was replying to the fat reference.

timfromjersey
09-08-2003, 10:56 AM
originally posted by Halbert

Nice call Halbert :rolleyes:

( though others have already responded to this quote, I simply couldn't resist!) :)

Tatonka
09-08-2003, 11:00 AM

alot of people had doubts.. but most were smart enough to say that we should wait till week one to judge.. all but wys..

but i am sure he will have some bass ackwards way of explaining how bad sam sucked still..

i know one thing.. edwards looked like crap during the game.. funny how he looked great in the preseason..

MDFINFAN
09-08-2003, 11:02 AM

alot of people had doubts.. but most were smart enough to say that we should wait till week one to judge.. all but wys..

but i am sure he will have some bass ackwards way of explaining how bad sam sucked still..

i know one thing.. edwards looked like crap during the game.. funny how he looked great in the preseason..

And you should still have doubts, I'm one of the ones who said he will have you guys high fiving at the begining of the season, but by Midseason, we will revisit this conversation, the 2nd half of the year is when he starts fading, and I still stand by that, it's happen the last 2 years, and I see nothing to make me think it won't happen this year....Remember this was only 1 game.

Ebenezer
09-08-2003, 11:14 AM
And you should still have doubts, I'm one of the ones who said he will have you guys high fiving at the begining of the season, but by Midseason, we will revisit this conversation, the 2nd half of the year is when he starts fading, and I still stand by that, it's happen the last 2 years, and I see nothing to make me think it won't happen this year....Remember this was only 1 game.

yes, it was only one game...but at the end of the year he still scored a TD...and the 'Fins still lost to Houston...'nuff said.

timfromjersey
09-08-2003, 11:25 AM
originally posted by Kelly the Dog
The Browns got about zero yards rushing when Adams was in. The Ravens got nowhere rushing when Adams was in. Eddie George had 9-20 with a 6 or 7 yard run off tackle away from Adams as his only good carry when Adams was in against the Titans. The Rams punted the only series Adams was in against them and we got a sack right up the middle. I have watched him. In the TN game he didnt even try and still completely plugged up the middle. He hasnt even tried yet and no one has done anything against the Bills run D when Adams has played. The longest play up the middle in four games is, what, 6 yards? What are you looking for in a run defense except for stopping the run?

It is refreshing to see someone give an unbiased, honest account of game action and the results of a given player on the field, even pre-season action.:cool:

Also, Ingtar 33 wasn't the only one who intimated that maybe pre-season wasn't the best forum to showcase Sam Adams effectiveness. I also pointed out that will be effective if he does what Ted Washington did for the Bills, control the LOS, absorb double teams and free up gaps for Pat Williams and the new Linebackers.

There have been many examples in the NFL where a immense immobile tackle paired with an active athletic impact tackle to be effective against the run. Gilbert Brown and Santana Dotson come to mind, right off the bat and if I thought harder about it, I could come up with more.

Adams and Williams are such a pair.

Maybe people should listen to me more as well.

The_Philster
09-08-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by timfromjersey
Nice call Halbert :rolleyes:

( though others have already responded to this quote, I simply couldn't resist!) :)

He's the one who brought it up, too. :chuckle: I told him I'd find it. :snicker:

TypicalBill
09-08-2003, 11:40 AM

i didn't see JT or any of your DL get a sack like he did or intercept a pass like he did or run it for a TD.

infact, i didn't see your team record a sack, int, ff or anything deffensively.. they allowed close to 400 yards of total offense to the texans at home! ... so until you do something defensively, dont start talking about players who just recorded a shutout, had 2 sacks, 4 int's and all that against a team better than the expansion texans. :cool:

Ebenezer
09-08-2003, 11:43 AM
:clap: TB!

STAMPY
09-08-2003, 11:55 AM
ya man the dolphins suck... the freakin texans lol... but don't you worry we'll kick your ass week 3 just like what we did last year at end of year... quite frankly costing ya the season... something the bills did many of time to marino and company back in the super bowl days... a day which isn't too far to being revisted might i say... big sam is a run stuffer nuff said, thats why we got him. he gets the job done. i definately rather have him here than face him... and i can guarantee if he was wearing a phins jersey your story would be totally different buddy

MDFINFAN
09-08-2003, 12:14 PM
I wasn't talking smack, I was giving an opinion based on Sam's last 2 years of performance, he always start out great, like Miami used to do, and then end up not being seen after the 1/2 way point of the year. The phins deserve your jokes this week, I don't care about that, but I was addressing Adams as I really see him. For your sake, I hope he changed his ways, but as big as he is now, I see his conditioning going down as usual and by mid season, I expect him to start to fade..I'm glad he had a good game in game 1, he always does..but I was addressing the future..so smack if you want, there is a saying of who gets the last laugh. Miami week 3, I'm still looking forward to that game..they won't take you as likely as they did Houston, I think they learned their lesson..You are a divisional game..Hopefully they remember that. In that game, I think you will see some signs of Adams real conditioning...unfortuately we don't play you in the day, so he should get some hot night air..Good luck for the rest of the season, other than at Miami of course..

justasportsfan
09-08-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
ya man the dolphins suck... the freakin texans lol... but don't you worry we'll kick your ass week 3 just like what we did last year at end of year... quite frankly costing ya the season... something the bills did many of time to marino and company back in the super bowl days... a day which isn't too far to being revisted might i say... big sam is a run stuffer nuff said, thats why we got him. he gets the job done. i definately rather have him here than face him... and i can guarantee if he was wearing a phins jersey your story would be totally different buddy

relax, don't jinx the team. I bet the fins and their fans will be fired up for the bills game. In the mean time let's talk Jax.

justasportsfan
09-08-2003, 12:25 PM
I wasn't talking smack, I was giving an opinion based on Sam's last 2 years of performance, he always start out great, like Miami used to do, and then end up not being seen after the 1/2 way point of the year. The phins deserve your jokes this week, I don't care about that, but I was addressing Adams as I really see him. For your sake, I hope he changed his ways, but as big as he is now, I see his conditioning going down as usual and by mid season, I expect him to start to fade..I'm glad he had a good game in game 1, he always does..but I was addressing the future..so smack if you want, there is a saying of who gets the last laugh. Miami week 3, I'm still looking forward to that game..they won't take you as likely as they did Houston, I think they learned their lesson..You are a divisional game..Hopefully they remember that. In that game, I think you will see some signs of Adams real conditioning...unfortuately we don't play you in the day, so he should get some hot night air..Good luck for the rest of the season, other than at Miami of course..

One thing that Marv Levy pointed out is that he loved the way we rotated our DL. Hell , we even threw Mike williams in there. Sam won't be burned out this year. Our coaches will make sure about that. Believe me. I have credible sources. Ms Cleo :D

MDFINFAN
09-08-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

One thing that Marv Levy pointed out is that he loved the way we rotated our DL. Hell , we even threw Mike williams in there. Sam won't be burned out this year. Our coaches will make sure about that. Believe me. I have credible sources. Ms Cleo :D

Justa, Sam's has always been rotated, he can't last a full game, so no one has not rotated Sam, Believe me Sam will live off the lorals and milk this game for all it's worth come mid season...Until he proves me wrong about his pattern, I'm sticking by my prediction.

Halbert
09-08-2003, 02:02 PM
ROFL!!!

I was in the scoreboard endzone and saw the play develop perfectly. I just happened to be looking at Adams when the play started and when I saw him drop back into coverage I thought I was seeing it wrong - I'm not kidding. When he picked it off I figured it was a LB that I had mistaken for Sam, but when I saw that huuuuge back of his I realized it really was him.

AND THAT POST OF MINE WAS THE FIRST THING THAT FLASHED IN MY MIND!!! For real!

So I was wrong.

Exxxxxxxcellent.

The_Philster
09-08-2003, 02:14 PM
AND THAT POST OF MINE WAS THE FIRST THING THAT FLASHED IN MY MIND!!! For real!

So I was wrong.

Exxxxxxxcellent.

And I told you I'd dig it up too. :D
Nice thing to be wrong about. :up:

Halbert
09-08-2003, 02:16 PM
Sure was.

Of course y'all realize I was defending Sam when I posted that. He doesn't usually rack up stats and big plays like he did yesterday but he's extremely valuable for what he does, imo. The plays he made yesterday were sort of a bonus.