A little explanation as to the Pass/Run Ratio last night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsMan80
    Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
    • Jul 2002

A little explanation as to the Pass/Run Ratio last night...

saw it online in the Buff. News article of Eric Moulds...

"We wanted to come out and get some action, so it was set up for us to have some success," Moulds said. "(Quarterback) Drew (Bledsoe) made some audibles here and there just to get some timing down with his receivers, and we just went out and made plays."

The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
    THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

How did Sky Mesa do yesterday?
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

lies.. all lies...

i am not going to harp on it till game time.. but if we go into NE, and dont run TH at least 25-30 times.. i am gonna be ***** PISSED..

that is all i will say.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Fairway To Green
        • Jul 2002

From the games I have caught most teams are throwing more in the pre-season. It is a way to avoid injuries. Plus, the Rams started out playing 8 in the Box so throwing was the right way to attack thier D last night.

I do hope KG realizes that it will take balance to beat NE

Comment

• Pride
          • Jul 2002

Actually, more injuries happen in passing plays than running plays. Especially with the QB (obviously). But linemen as well... pass plays, OL is in protect mode, not agressive mode. Same with receivers, they are more likely to get hurt catching a pass and being tackled than running an OUT or a Fly route or blocking.

Comment

• bernielivsey_1
            • Jul 2003

Did you guys forget, the Pats have big Ted now, we cant possibly run on them any more. We have to pass now. That's what Drew will say when he audibles out of every run play that's called. Uh oh I'm starting to sound like you know who. Wyst's wrong with me? :helpme:
            In Marv We Trust
            The Past Is Now The Future

Comment

• socalfan
              Old Fogey from Cali
              • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
              From the games I have caught most teams are throwing more in the pre-season. It is a way to avoid injuries. Plus, the Rams started out playing 8 in the Box so throwing was the right way to attack thier D last night.

I do hope KG realizes that it will take balance to beat NE
              I'd like to see them run...especially in preseason...when there are 8 in the box, because during the season if the Bills have a late lead, they will want to run, and you know the defense will have 8 in the box. Now is the time to practice.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                • Jul 2002

We'll see, but since we're a team that did exactly that all last season and haven't shown anything different thus far, I am concerned.

No biggie, but if we end up allowing Drew to throw more than 25 times or so v. the Pats, we're likely gonna lose. It's really that simple. They LOVE to see Drew throwing the ball as do many teams contrary to popular opinion. Drew simply hasn't proven that he'll beat you w/ his arm more than you'll beat him.

So we're gonna be all over Gilbride if he doesn't run the ball, even if we happen to be down by 10 early. That's no reason to throw yourself even further into a pickle.

I just have a really, really bad hunch about Gilbride this year.
                Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                  • Jul 2002

Besides, we've heard this song and dance as lately as last year too, yet nothing changes.
                  Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Doc
                    • Dec 2002

I'd prefer the Bills work on the passing game more in pre-season since we know what Henry can do and it's largely a new group of WR's for Bledsoe. The O-line also need the work on pass protection.

Comment

Working...
                    X