PDA

View Full Version : High Rollers League Draft Results

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 09:45 AM
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/show?page=draftresults&lid=10285

Halbert
08-24-2003, 11:22 AM
You can go ahead and transfer the 20,000 ZB's to my account.

Novacane
08-24-2003, 11:27 AM
Which team are you H? Looks like Logs a closet Seahawk fan

Halbert
08-24-2003, 11:32 AM
Skinny Pansies.

Yeah Log probably shouldn't have taken Jackson but he was the highest rated WR when he took him. He is going to have to drop one of his 7 WRs to take a K anyway, probably Shaw.

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 11:37 AM
Don't steal that trophy yet Halbert, I just got myself another RB :D

Novacane
08-24-2003, 11:44 AM
I like Mr. M's team although he is real thin at WR. How many do you have to play at each pos. in this league?

Halbert
08-24-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by BillsFever
Don't steal that trophy yet Halbert, I just got myself another RB :D
Who???

Halbert
08-24-2003, 11:51 AM
Wait a minute, what happened to the trade review period???

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 11:54 AM
A fair trade doesn't need to go under review for days upon days. It's when people are trying to dump players to help other people out.

I traded Moss for Barber and Duckett.

Halbert
08-24-2003, 11:59 AM
The rules on the site says three days. You just approved a trade involving yourself without giving anyone even a second to lodge a protest!!! That's a clear conflict of interest issue. We should make a rule and stick with it.

Besides, who gets to be the judge of what is a fair trade, you? What if I don't agree with you?

Halbert
08-24-2003, 12:00 PM
I urge you to reverse the trade and put it up for discussion. This is going to cause a problem. I already have a problem with it - not the trade but the process.

Novacane
08-24-2003, 12:01 PM
:movie:

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 12:05 PM
So you're saying that isn't a fair trade?

It's set for 3 days so that would give me time to reject an outrageous trade if somebody wanted to trade Curtis Conway for Travis Henry.

If it's an obvious fair trade for anybody then I would accept it. I've been in league where a trade couldn't get any fairer, but people try to veto it so it won't give their competitors a stronger team.

Novacane
08-24-2003, 12:09 PM

If it's an obvious fair trade for anybody then I would accept it. I've been in league where a trade couldn't get any fairer, but people try to veto it so it won't give their competitors a stronger team.

I've been in leagues like that. I was in a pay league that had to have a majority of owners vote yes for a trade to be approved. There were zero trade in the 3 years I was in that league because certain guys would not let any trades go through.

Halbert
08-24-2003, 12:16 PM
Doesn't matter. There's a rule set up and it should be followed - ESPECIALLY by the commissioner.

You should be removed from making judgment calls at every possible opportunity - ESPECIALLY when you're involved in the trade!!!!!! Don't you see how that is guaranteed to cause trouble?!? Fantasy football is LOADED with subjectivity and you're opening up yourself to huge second guessing.

Finally, I am extremely uncomfortable with a commissioner who bypasses league rules under any circumstances - especially when it's their team involved in a transaction!!!! You're setting up a terrible precident.

I understand the practice of coaches who veto fair trades just because they are jealous, don't want anyone to improve their team, etc. But I'm sorry your solution is terrible and is worse than the situation you're trying to avoid.

Sorry dude but I'm not playing in a league where the "commissioner" changes the rules when it suits him. Again, I urge you to put it up for discussion.

Mr. Miyagi
08-24-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
I like Mr. M's team although he is real thin at WR. How many do you have to play at each pos. in this league?
:miyagi:
I know I'm thin at WR but RBs are much more important, and at the flex position I can start another RB. WRs are usually real spotty in performance. Even Owens didn't score a TD until mid season last year.

Halbert
08-24-2003, 12:19 PM
The site says three days to review a trade. If we want to change that, fine, but we ALL agree to change it, not just you.

Halbert
08-24-2003, 12:23 PM
If it's an obvious fair trade for anybody then I would accept it.
OMG. And what's an "obvious fair trade"?

Do you have some published "fair trade calculator" that we can all review? If not, then I'm sorry if I don't want to leave it up to you to be the sole decider on each and every trade.

Don't you realize what you just did? You approved a trade FOR YOURSELF. You bypassed the published league rules, not giving any other members any opportunity whatsoever to review or comment on a trade THAT WAS INVOLVING YOUR TEAM!!!!

Hello. McFly.

Novacane
08-24-2003, 12:32 PM
Me thinks this has court of Log written all over it

Halbert
08-24-2003, 12:33 PM
There should be a published process that removes you from the literally 99.9% of the decisions. Only extreme exceptions that are rare should require any commissioner intervention. That can easily be set up as follows.

First, the two teams in the trade are not counted in the review. They are involved in the decision so they need to be recused.

Next you set up a threshhold of protests - half the remaining teams is reasonable. So if half the remaining coaches, in this case 5, object to a trade then it is refused. Keep in mind that we all know each other and we all want to be able to have fun and trade if we need to so it is extremely unlikely that we'll get coaches who reject fair trades out of spite.

Even in the unlikely event that did happen, it is better than what you are apparently proposing. Fantasy Football is highly subjective, meaning you as an individual might see a trade differently than everyone else. On top of that, you are IN THE LEAGUE YOURSELF, meaning you will naturally have even more bias. I DO NOT want one person WHO IS COMPETING IN THE LEAGUE to have control over those issues. And I especially don't want him BYPASSING PUBLISHED LEAGUE RULES.

Create a process that removes you from making the judgment and stick with it.

Gunzlingr
08-24-2003, 12:33 PM
I hate to say it, but Halbert does have a point. It says you have to wait 3 days, so you should wait 3 days. Not that I don't think it is a fair trade, because it is, but the rules should be followed.

Sabre Ally
08-24-2003, 12:37 PM
I agree, especially when the commissioner's team is involved in the trade.

Mr. Miyagi
08-24-2003, 12:38 PM
*tisk tisk tisk*

Typ0
08-24-2003, 12:38 PM
I don't see how approving a trade is a big decision. If you guys want to duke it out and say the trade should be invalidated we can trade the players back it's not that big a deal really.

Novacane
08-24-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

:miyagi:
I know I'm thin at WR but RBs are much more important, and at the flex position I can start another RB. WRs are usually real spotty in performance. Even Owens didn't score a TD until mid season last year.

IF you can start 3 RB's than I definatley like your team best! Good job having 3 good RB's in a 12 team league

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 12:41 PM
And what are you the CEO of FF Commisioners? I mean, you obviously know so much about running a FF league since you've tried to tell me how to run the league since day one.

If it isn't the draft type, roster size, roster position, now it's the trades. If you're such a step above everybody else then maybe you should be the offical commisioner of the entire yahoo network?

If the other owners have a problem with the fairness of the trade then they can speak up. There isn't a thing wrong with the trade though.

You would think I just traded J.J. Stokes for Barber and Duckett.

Novacane
08-24-2003, 12:41 PM
I guess Wanny's wierdo's did not watch sports center last night:snicker:

Typ0
08-24-2003, 12:45 PM
We're going to make two trades and put the trade on the table for the league. Then you guys can figure out how to vote about it.

Sabre Ally
08-24-2003, 12:48 PM

If the other owners have a problem with the fairness of the trade then they can speak up. There isn't a thing wrong with the trade though.

You would think I just traded J.J. Stokes for Barber and Duckett.

You're missing the point...it has nothing to do with the fairness of the trade. It's the principle of the thing...you just processed your own trade without giving anyone a chance to review it first. We know you're not cheating, but at the same time, it gives the appearance that the commissioner could cheat if he wanted to.

Halbert
Whether the trade was fair or not is completely irrelevant to this discussion. It's about how we process trades and how to be as fair as possible to ALL league members and the league as a whole.

By FAR the best way to avoid problems and make it as equitable as possible is to set a self-managed process and stick with it. Either ALL trades are immediately approved or all trades go into a standard process. Due to the subjectivity of FF, it is fair only to leave those decisions up to the league as a whole.

For example, which RB is going to score more this season - Kevin Faulk or Antowain Smith? We don't know yet because the games haven't started yet. Which 2 WR’s are going to start in KC? We don’t know because Morton and Kennison didn’t do much last season and Boerigter could take either’s job. Consider a trade of Kevin Faulk for Johnnie Morton. What if BillsFever thinks Kevin Faulk is going to take the starting job and outscore Smith and that Johnnie Morton is going to bounce back to his “normal” 1000 yards and 5 TD’s? So he vetos what he thinks is an unfair trade of Antowain Smith for Morton because he thinks Smith is going to get 500 yards and 6 TD’s as a backup/goalline back while Morton is starting and producing.

Do we want ONE GUY making each and every call like that? I certainly don’t. No offense to you or anyone else - in the leagues I set up I go out of my way to remove myself from the process just so I can avoid situations just like this. I don’t want any part of that hassle.

BillsFever
There it's a PENDING trade. If anybody disagrees with this totally unfair trade and how Typ0 and I ripped each other off, then speak up.

Halbert
08-24-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Typ0
I don't see how approving a trade is a big decision. If you guys want to duke it out and say the trade should be invalidated we can trade the players back it's not that big a deal really.
Thanks for being cool, Typ0.

Frankly, I don't have a problem with the trade itself. Moss is primed for a huge year and Duckett to me is a bye-week fill in at best. So you're trading the semi-stud 10th best RB for the 2nd/3rd best fully-stud WR. RB's are typically worth more than WR's if they're rated evenly so I'd say that trade is close enough that I wouldn't object to it.

But by now you realize that is not the point of this discussion.

TypicalBill
08-24-2003, 01:00 PM

Typ0
08-24-2003, 01:00 PM
I thought the whole discussion was irrelevant. You had plenty of time to speak up.

Halbert
08-24-2003, 01:04 PM
ROFL! All 12 seconds.

Halbert
08-24-2003, 01:06 PM
Log and I had this discussion at length when he was deciding how to set up the trade process for the money league we're playing in. He did the same thing - removed himself from the process and just set it so that if half the remaining teams objected to the trade then it gets vetoed. It's the smartest way to do it.

Halbert
08-24-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
We know you're not cheating, but at the same time, it gives the appearance that the commissioner could cheat if he wanted to.
Well yes it does but I don't think we have to worry about that.

You don't want one person deciding whether a trade is fair or not. Way too much subjectivity to leave that up to one person. That's why it has to be a group process or none at all.

Typ0
08-24-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Halbert
ROFL! All 12 seconds.

but the players are sitting in the queue waiting for you to tell us what to do with them.

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 01:12 PM
Is it gonna take the 3 days to figure out if this is a fair trade? We might have to sleep on this one.

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 01:20 PM
So what you're saying is the commish should have no say in the decision of the trades?

So I guess some of them worthless trades that go through FF leagues should get passed if some of the owners didn't notice the proposal in enough time to vote on it?

I've been in leagues where somebody trades a Top 20 WR for a Top 5-10 RB and it goes through because some owners didn't make the trade voting on time. Is that fair to the rest of the people?

You will be the first one *****ing if/when one of them trades go through.

I guess the key will be to find some sucker or find somebody to cheat with, and throw out some ridiculous trade offer and hope it goes through because it didn't get voted on in time. If enough people doesn't notice the trade, then you got yourself a steal with no questions asked.

I was in a league last year where somebody either made 2 teams or had a friend to cheat with. The one team traded Jeff Garcia and Duece McAllister for Mark Brunell and Anthony Thomas. The owners never made the vote in time and the trade goes through, and the team who traded Brunell and Thomas was never heard from again the rest of the year.

I guess if you think that's the "best" way then we should listen to you since you're the FF expert.

Michael82
08-24-2003, 01:23 PM
I urge you to reverse the trade and put it up for discussion. This is going to cause a problem. I already have a problem with it - not the trade but the process.

EXACTLY. You can't just push a trade thru because it's yours. That's a definite conflict of interest. and if this kind of crap keeps happening...I'm out!

The site says three days to review a trade. If we want to change that, fine, but we ALL agree to change it, not just you.

AGREED!

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
EXACTLY. You can't just push a trade thru because it's yours. That's a definite conflict of interest. and if this kind of crap keeps happening...I'm out!

AGREED!

Well, go vote on it. Nothing is stopping you.

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 01:28 PM
It wouldn't have mattered who traded it, I would've accepted it. I don't believe any of us rode the FF short bus to school, and would have a problem with the trade.

Michael82
08-24-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by gunzlingr
I hate to say it, but Halbert does have a point. It says you have to wait 3 days, so you should wait 3 days. Not that I don't think it is a fair trade, because it is, but the rules should be followed.

EXACTLY! It's YAHOO's rules and we can file a grievance against it. Especially when the Commish is the one pushing his OWN trade thru.

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 01:30 PM
EXACTLY! It's YAHOO's rules and we can file a grievance against it. Especially when the Commish is the one pushing his OWN trade thru.

Umm, it's not Yahoo's rules. It could be changed to 1 day or taken right off of the rules all together with a few clicks on the mouse.

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 01:32 PM
Instead of sitting here crying about it, go vote on it. You guys spoke up and I rectified the situation.

Michael82
08-24-2003, 01:32 PM
You don't get the point Fever...

The Commish is NOT supposed to push trades. I mean come on....whats wrong with waiting the 3 day period and letting everyone else have a say. You know we arent going to veto it. It's a good trade...but that is NOT the point.

TypicalBill
08-24-2003, 01:34 PM
Umm, it's not Yahoo's rules. It could be changed to 1 day or taken right off of the rules all together with a few clicks on the mouse.

thats a mean A$$ commish!... evil i tell ya, EVIL!

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 01:34 PM
You don't get the point Fever...

The Commish is NOT supposed to push trades. I mean come on....whats wrong with waiting the 3 day period and letting everyone else have a say. You know we arent going to veto it. It's a good trade...but that is NOT the point.

Do I need to post it again?

"Instead of sitting here crying about it, go vote on it. You guys spoke up and I rectified the situation."

Michael82
08-24-2003, 01:37 PM
Instead of sitting here crying about it, go vote on it. You guys spoke up and I rectified the situation.

Thank you. I did and I approved it. It's a good trade. But let's just all know the rules before the Commish takes it into his own hands. It just looked like you were trying to quickly sneak it in before Typ0 could make a deal with anyone else.

TypicalBill
08-24-2003, 01:41 PM
:5:

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 01:43 PM
Thank you. I did and I approved it. It's a good trade. But let's just all know the rules before the Commish takes it into his own hands. It just looked like you were trying to quickly sneak it in before Typ0 could make a deal with anyone else.

What the hell would I be sneaking in on Typ0? We discussed a trade for 30 minutes, and had about 4 different proposals till we agreed on one, then he ACCEPTED it. How would I be pulling a fast one on Typ0? LOL

I can see if I broke into his team and made the trade myself, or drugged him up so he would accept it. Me and Typ0 is sitting here waiting to see what you guys will do with our trade, and I'm trying to sneak one on him? I'm such a sly bastard.

Michael82
08-24-2003, 01:46 PM
Not on him...but I'm saying maybe other people wanted to trade with Typ0. Wys put Terrell Owens up for trade. Maybe he could have made a trade with him. At least now...he still has a chance to pull out. Before with you doing the trade so fast...No one even knew about it until after it happened. Hell, some people left the site after the draft and werent going to worry about trades for now.

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 01:47 PM
I didn't know we had to give everybody else a chance to make a trade with somebody :lol:

Is this some new FF rule out that I didn't know about? You're not allowed to make a trade unless you try to trade with a certain amount of teams?

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 01:48 PM
Typ0 knew I was allowing the trade. If he didn't wanna trade he wouldn't have done it. In fact he's the one who OFFERED IT TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 01:52 PM
And how fair is it to back out of a trade once it was accepted?

I guess whenever you see a player getting traded that you want, then you have to go to that other owner and try to get him to back out of it after it was agreed upon?

I've seen players I wanted that were getting traded as wished that I would've offered the same value for it.

I see some of the others reasoning, but Mikey is just mad because I made a trade for a 2nd back and he didn't :rolleyes:

You shouldn't have been slacking and got on the ball after the draft :lol:

:D

TypicalBill
08-24-2003, 01:53 PM
IMO, when 2 people agree on a trade, you dont have to let others try to work out a trade for the same player and you go ahead and put the trade on the page. HOWEVER, the trade has to stay on the front page for the full time that was specified earlier to see if there are objections from the leagues members and if a certain number of people object to the trade (differes according to the league preferences) then the process of the trade gets cancelled.

just my $0.2

:movie: anyone got any butter?

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 01:53 PM
Where does it tell you the standings on the voting process?

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by TypicalBill
IMO, when 2 people agree on a trade, you dont have to let others try to work out a trade for the same player and you go ahead and put the trade on the page. HOWEVER, the trade has to stay on the front page for the full time that was specified earlier to see if there are objections from the leagues members and if a certain number of people object to the trade (differes according to the league preferences) then the process of the trade gets cancelled.

just my $0.2

:movie: anyone got any butter?

Mike is making it sound like each person should have a chance to trade for a player. If you find a deal you like, you do it.

I didn't know me or Typ0 had to ask other teams if they wanted to trade with us first :snicker:

TypicalBill
08-24-2003, 01:57 PM
Mike is making it sound like each person should have a chance to trade for a player. If you find a deal you like, you do it.

I didn't know me or Typ0 had to ask other teams if they wanted to trade with us first :snicker:

yeah, i saw that... that doesn't make sense.

Michael82
08-24-2003, 02:00 PM
I see some of the others reasoning, but Mikey is just mad because I made a trade for a 2nd back and he didn't :rolleyes:

You shouldn't have been slacking and got on the ball after the draft :lol:

:D

Actually...yeah. But I love my Moulds pick! He's going to have a CAREER year! I just worry about my RBs. IF Duce comes back to play for Philly...I'll be set, or even if they trade him...but I dunno about Emmitt. WTF was I thinking? Can we do a do-over? :snicker: :lol:

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 02:02 PM
Actually...yeah. But I love my Moulds pick! He's going to have a CAREER year! I just worry about my RBs. IF Duce comes back to play for Philly...I'll be set, or even if they trade him...but I dunno about Emmitt. WTF was I thinking? Can we do a do-over? :snicker: :lol:

So what you're saying is you had no problem with me approving the trade, you just wanted to make the trade yourself? Gotacha!

At least Halbert and Ally had a good reason. You're just mad because you wanted the trade :snicker:

Michael82
08-24-2003, 02:06 PM
So what you're saying is you had no problem with me approving the trade, you just wanted to make the trade yourself? Gotacha!

At least Halbert and Ally had a good reason. You're just mad because you wanted the trade :snicker:

Yeah....BITE ME! :D

BillsFever:chair:Mike

Typ0
08-24-2003, 02:07 PM
Mike I will give you Barber for Favre and Moulds.

TypicalBill
08-24-2003, 02:08 PM
wheres the *** ****** butter?! :mad:

Michael82
08-24-2003, 02:18 PM
Mike I will give you Barber for Favre and Moulds.

:lol: :lmao: :rofl:

I wouldn't even give Favre alone for Barber. :snicker:

Halbert
08-24-2003, 02:18 PM
but the players are sitting in the queue waiting for you to tell us what to do with them.
Jeez, Keith, you’re usually a very reasonable guy. And I know you’re smart. I must be missing something because you can’t honestly be defending bypassing published league rules to immediately approve a trade that the commish himself was involved in.

Is it gonna take the 3 days to figure out if this is a fair trade? We might have to sleep on this one.
That’s not the point. If it isn’t clear to you yet I’ll be glad to explain it again.

So what you're saying is the commish should have no say in the decision of the trades?
Yes, that should be the goal. Too much subjectivity to leave in the hands of one person, especially someone who is competing in the league. I don’t know how you don’t see that as reasonable. That’s why there needs to be a process for virtual self-regulation because the alternative introduces more problems than it solves - by far.

So I guess some of them worthless trades that go through FF leagues should get passed if some of the owners didn't notice the proposal in enough time to vote on it?
No, of course not. And that is where a commish could be valuable.

But that is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from what you just did. In your example the commissioner is taking action to STOP something that was wrong, which I would say is appropriate. What you did was bypass the published process and made a unilateral decision on a judgment call to proactively CAUSE something to happen BEFORE anyone else could even comment on it. The mistake is triply compounded by you being one of the trade participants. How can you not see that?

I guess the key will be to find some sucker or find somebody to cheat with, and throw out some ridiculous trade offer and hope it goes through because it didn't get voted on in time. If enough people doesn't notice the trade, then you got yourself a steal with no questions asked.
You’re making this too easy for me.

First of all, we all know each other here. The chances of any of us cheating or trying to pull some crap like that is remote. Could it happen? Sure but you don’t set up your entire trading process because you’re worried about us cheating or exploiting the league.

Secondly, even if that did happen, that’s exactly where a commish could step in. In the unlikely event that such a trade or maneuver is attempted, the commish could notify the league members that he believes an inappropriate transaction has been attempted. During the review time the other coaches can provide feedback on whether they agree that the transaction should be vetoed. If the process breaks down so that an questionable transaction is about to take place without the coaches getting a chance to review it, as in your example , the commish can freeze the rosters involved and contact league members to let them know he needs opinions on a questionable trade.

The most important point is all these scenarios are exceptions that should be rare and can be handled on an individual basis. What you are proposing is a commissioner who has carte blanche control over which trades he UNILATERALLY thinks is fair. It is far more equitable to have the coaches as a whole decide which trades we COLLECTIVELY think should be allowed and which ones shouldn’t. I don’t want to play in a league that leaves that type of subjective decision in the hands of one person who also happens to be a competitor.

I can’t say it any clearer.

You will be the first one *****ing if/when one of them trades go through.
Yes. I definitely would be. And I would expect others to be in the leagues that I am commissioner in. But I don’t expect that you would be asleep at the wheel long enough for that to happen, as nor would I.

I guess if you think that's the best way then we should listen to you since you're the FF expert.
You know, I think I have an excellent point and that I’ve made it clearly and fairly. I am thinking of the best interests of the league and in fact your interests because I don’t want to see you caught in the middle of a dispute. If you disagree that’s fine we can talk it out, but I would prefer you refrain from this type of sarcastic and disrespectful tone.

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 02:19 PM
:lol: :lmao: :rofl:

I wouldn't even give Favre alone for Barber. :snicker:

No wonder why your team stinks :snicker:

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 02:23 PM
Oh I'm fine with this vote thing, but did you not just say a few threads ago that without 5 votes the trade goes through? Make up your mind already.

The issue is done and over with. No sense of making a Wys post out of it. :D

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 02:43 PM
You guys act like I'm trying to screw you by allowing the trade. I figured it was a 99.9999999 % that it would be allowed. It there would've been any doubt at all I wouldn't have done it.

With mine, it's gonna need a vote now. When another trade between teams come later on down the road, you must vote yes or no and give your reasoning behind it. If people are voting by how it will affect another team that is different from voting on the fairness of a trade itself.

I've been in too many leagues where people will vote yes or no for a trade depending on how it will help or hurt another team, and I don't allow that in my leagues.

Say it's like Week 10 and it's the last week or two of the trading period, and Nancy's Nipples is 7-2 and she is making a trade with Claire's Clit who is 5-4.

The trades are fair but if Nipples is trading some depth, and in return she will be getting that certain position that it was lacking that would help put them over the top. How many owners around voted no against that trade so her team wouldn't get the final piece of the puzzle to a strong championship run?

I've seen it and experienced it too many times. Me and Typ0 isn't trying to screw anybody with allowing that. I just didn't think it would be a big deal because it would go through anyway, and said if people *****ed then we'll have them vote on it. You guys *****ed so we're voting on it....Problem solved.

I won't do it again, but don't make me out to be a bandit in the situation. I wasn't trying to jew anybody.

Halbert
08-24-2003, 02:44 PM
did you not just say a few threads ago that without 5 votes the trade goes through?
You must be just busting my balls because you can't be serious.

I was responding to your concern about cheating and league exploitation. If you happened to notice a situation like the one you said you experienced in the other league then of course you would step in and do something about it, despite the fact that 5 vetoes had not yet come in. That’s the advantage of having a commish but those are exception situations.

The issue is done and over with. No sense of making a Wys post out of it.
lol. You’re not going to get away with trying to turn this around on me.

The only reason I had to keep talking about it is because you tried to defend your action and blow me off. I thought you were wrong and gave a very clear and logical reason why. If you had said “Oh yeah, I didn’t think of that”, or had clearly and logically stated your rationalization then we would have been done with this long ago.

We still have to decide what the process is. Or it’s just going to come up again later.

Michael82
08-24-2003, 02:45 PM
So, are we sticking with the original rule? 3 days for a trade?

Halbert
08-24-2003, 02:46 PM
I would never trade a clit for a nipple.

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 02:47 PM
You must be just busting my balls because you can't be serious.

I don't want anything to do with something that involves your balls, but yes I'm just being a smartass :snicker:

Halbert
08-24-2003, 02:48 PM
I would vote for a 2-day review period and automatic veto if 5 of the remaining 10 coaches protest. Exceptions are handled by the commish freezing rosters to obtain feedback from coaches until the issue is resolved.

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 02:49 PM

I orginally made it 3 days to help get people to a vote so crazy trades couldn't go through by lack of owners getting to the vote, but I never intented on good trades to have to wait 3 days.

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 02:51 PM
We will have a vote in a thread for every pending trade. If you vote no on a trade then you must give a reason on your vote and why it shouldn't be allowed.

You can't get somebody saying "Well, if Joe Bob gets Todd Heap then that will be the final piece to the puzzle, so I will vote no"

Typ0
08-24-2003, 02:52 PM
Halbert, I didn't think much of it because it could all be undone. And I don't think having a big stink about something that one minute of effort can turn back is hardly worth it. PA and I both said if someone griped about the trade we were committed to just trading the players back. It would be a little different if this happened the night before opening day and other people actually had something on the line. The way it was it mattered to no one and was easily reversable. So I don't really understand the energy being put into this discussion.

So it takes three days to make a trade. And I expect that will be followed faithfully throughout the season. I don't expect to see one person making a trade that goes through any quicker than the three day waiting period so I have my fair opportunity to give the people wanting to make the trade some grief :snicker:

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 02:54 PM
Yep, if they agree on a trade Friday afternoon, we can't accept the trade till Monday so that means they will have to wait another week to get their player(s)

Sabre Ally
08-24-2003, 02:55 PM
I can't believe you guys still don't see the point. :rolleyes:

Halbert
08-24-2003, 02:56 PM
[B]I won't do it again, but don't make me out to be a bandit in the situation.
You'll notice that there never was even a hint of inpropriety suggested. I have a problem with the process not the trade itself.

I think Typ0's crazy because the trade was fair just Barber for Moss (RB's are worth more) and he shouldn't have given up Duckett in case he ends up the starter, but that's between you two.

btw - nobody like racial humor more than me but using "jew" in that context could be interpreted as offensive.

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 02:58 PM
I wasn't trying to be racist, it's just an old saying that has always been around :lol:

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 02:59 PM
So are you guys gonna go vote so we can get this done and over with?

We've been sitting here arguing about it for 3 hours, but only one person has voted.

Sabre Ally
08-24-2003, 02:59 PM
Thank you Halbert, I for one do find it offensive.

Halbert
08-24-2003, 03:00 PM
So it takes three days to make a trade. And I expect that will be followed faithfully throughout the season. I don't expect to see one person making a trade that goes through any quicker than the three day waiting period so I have my fair opportunity to give the people wanting to make the trade some grief :snicker:
See? Reason prevails.

I still say two days is plenty of time, but if we all decide on three then that's fine.

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 03:01 PM
What next, the way I dress or the shoes I wear? Geez :rolleyes:

Halbert
08-24-2003, 03:06 PM
I wasn't trying to be racist, it's just an old saying that has always been around :lol:
You know, it's a term that was used in my house when I grew up, even by my mother who is the least racist person you'll ever meet. For years I actually thought it was a separate different word, like "did you try to jue him down?". I used the term once and a Jewish college friend of mine got really pissed and I didn't even know why. I had to ask him for several hours to explain it to me because I had no idea. He was equally surprised and amused to find out I didn't even know I was saying "jew". My mother was shocked when I told her, she didn't know either! lol.

Michael82
08-24-2003, 09:10 PM
See? Reason prevails.

I still say two days is plenty of time, but if we all decide on three then that's fine.

I'm game with 1 or 2 day wait....BUT, we all should be told of this rule first before anyone gets their trade put thru.

Gunzlingr
08-24-2003, 09:30 PM
I don't know how to vote, it just gives me an option to protest, which I won't

BillsFever
08-24-2003, 10:03 PM
:beer:

Gunzlingr
08-24-2003, 10:07 PM
BTW, as some of you know, I figured out the balloting process :doh:

lordofgun
08-24-2003, 11:13 PM
I'm going to wait the full 72 hours before voting. :snicker:

Halbert
08-25-2003, 04:13 PM
In reading over this entire thread I noticed that it would be possible for someone to misinterpret some of my comments as perhaps being accusatory or implying dishonesty. In all truthfulness, that was the furthest thing from my mind and wasn't any part of the equation whatsoever as far as I was concerned. Nevertheless, I'd like to apologize to BillsFever and Typ0 if anything I said gave you that impression. My disagreement was always with the process and never the intent of the individuals.

The reason I started arranging my own leagues or playing in leagues with people I knew had ran them before was to avoid the problems that seemed to plague most leagues. I really enjoy FF as a hobby and the hassles of dead teams, arguments over commissioner descretion, and outright cheating were ruining it for me.

Frankly, what we experienced here is something that has repeated itself the last several years and I can confidently say that the path we were taking was going to end up in a big mess. My intent was to point that out before it got that far. I offer my observations in an attempt to avoid problems for everyone, not to start any trouble. I think I'm offering suggestions in a helpful, pleasant manner but if that's not the case please let me know.

Good luck to everyone and happy FF season! I promise to whoop you as gently as possible.