PDA

View Full Version : I was at the game and Bledsoe was awesome last night.....

mackey789
08-24-2003, 11:35 AM
I was at the game last night and i have to say, he looked awesome. Not only were most of his throws perfect, but whenever the rams stacked 8 men in the box, or left moulds single covered, he would audibilize at the line and make something happen. Honostly, we are extremely lucky to have this guy back there....he is a field general who runs that offense better than anyone ever could. Im sure WYS is studying the stat sheet and the drive charts trying to find something wrong with the pass/run ratio but the fact of the matter is we took what they gave us. He was not at the game to see what happened. Everytime he audibilized (5 or 6 times) it was because he saw something in the "D" that would allow for a bigger pass play. Both touchdowns were audibles. If he can continue to read defenses throughout the season the way that he did last night then we will be in for a huge treat this year.

The defense looked pretty good, with the exception of our pass coverage at times. WInfield has not impressed me at all, frequently getting beat for long passes. Takeo was a monster...all over the field, and so was the rest of our linebackers.

In all, i loved what i saw last night. Game management was very efficient and our O-line covered drew extremely well. I think its time to bring on the Patriots and see what we are truely made of.

juice
08-24-2003, 02:08 PM
Good post, needed to know how the LB's looked

Michael82
08-24-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by mackey789
WInfield has not impressed me at all, frequently getting beat for long passes.

I disagree right here. Winfield looked good. Clements was the one that was burned a few times on those long pass plays. Winfield was tackling all over the place and IMO had a great game...MUCH better than last week.

Tatonka
08-24-2003, 02:25 PM
spikes was a monster with 2 solos and one assist last night? :rolleyes:

BillsOverDolphins
08-24-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
spikes was a monster with 2 solos and one assist last night? :rolleyes:
stats don't always tell the story...For example, look at Ray Lewis's superbowl performance...his stats were ****..but his presence was the difference...that's why he was the MVP

Michael82
08-24-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by BillsOverDolphins
stats don't always tell the story...For example, look at Ray Lewis's superbowl performance...his stats were ****..but his presence was the difference...that's why he was the MVP

There's the quote of the day and it rings soo true! Fletcher and Spikes were ALL over the field and Spikes may have not have many tackles...but he did force some INC passes and other things...

Sabre Ally
08-24-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282

I disagree right here. Winfield looked good. Clements was the one that was burned a few times on those long pass plays. Winfield was tackling all over the place and IMO had a great game...MUCH better than last week.

I concur. Winfield led the team in tackles. He looked great.