PDA

View Full Version : ESPN McGahee Update

BidsJr
08-24-2003, 03:58 PM
Sportscenter this morning reports that Bills doctors have said that McGahee's repaired knee is tighter than a typical players knee that has been uninjured. (Good News) Also that his quad is about 80% strength wise and that is the last hurdle that remains before he is cleared to practice. The knee is ready to go, but just has to strengthen up a bit. The thinking is now that he will be ready to begin practicing in October and ready to get back on the field by midseason. Also that teams like the Cowboys are looking at Gary, Burns, Morris for RB depth and the Bills will be ready to deal soon considering McGahee's miraculous recovery.

Should be a very interesting season. I would love to see about 40 carries and 250 YPG from our backs, and a much improved D!

Novacane
08-24-2003, 04:01 PM
:fab:

BidsJr
08-24-2003, 04:04 PM
Wouldn't it be nice to boast about having clearly the best backfield in the NFL!

Of course it's speculation until it happens.

Two back sets

Opposing D-fences won't have any idea what to do!

nolimit
08-24-2003, 05:02 PM
Thats really exciting news, in fact it even gives me goosebumps! Up to this point in the preseason Burns has by far outplayed Gary and deserves a roster spot over gary! I like Gary, but he has been defeated by Burns! I dont see Burns going anywhere unless he is coveted by a team such as Dallas that is willing to give up a 3rd or 4th for him! I think the most likely outcome of all this is that Gary will be traded for a 6th round pick! The question is to we give Dallas, a team who we will face later in the year, a proven RB for only a 6th rounder?

BidsJr
08-24-2003, 06:30 PM
Even better will be the luxury of easing McGahee into the lineup without the pressure of carring the load right off the bat.

McGahee was just on the FOX rookies special saying that he was fortunate that the injury happened because it taught him the importance of hard work and focused him on becoming an even better player. He said that he would have been a top 2 pick without the injury and he would not have been nearly as mentally strong as he is now. Said that he is looking forward to that first hit, to put the injury behind him for good. (paraphrasing of course)

socalfan
08-24-2003, 06:36 PM
He strikes me as one of those players with the attitude to become great.....let's hope injuries are over for him.

TypicalBill
08-24-2003, 06:40 PM
I have faith that TD will do the right thing with our depth at RB and that we'll get something good in return.

BidsJr
08-24-2003, 06:48 PM
Hopefully Gilbride will do the right thing with our running back depth and run the #&^$ ball! I'd like to see this all year long

25-110 Travis
15-60 Willis/Olandis

12-18-210-1-0 Drew

17-10 Finals

The_Philster
08-24-2003, 06:52 PM
socal...please shrink the pic in your sig...that is ridiculously large

socalfan
08-24-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
socal...please shrink the pic in your sig...that is ridiculously large

Yeah, I agree, sorry....I've been trying to figure out how to use the site. It seems every edit to my profile is immediately displayed on the site.....Isn't there a practice area for this?

The_Philster
08-24-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by socalfan
Yeah, I agree, sorry....I've been trying to figure out how to use the site. It seems every edit to my profile is immediately displayed on the site.....Isn't there a practice area for this?

No prob
You can't adjust your sig without it showing up in all your posts, but you can test stuff in the test forum http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=12 Just put the image in your post instead of your sig to test to see how big it is