PDA

View Full Version : McGahee in uniform after week 6?!?!?!

BidsJr
08-24-2003, 09:48 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2003/08/23/a_missing_persons_report/

Just found another McGahee Gem. With link.

From Tom Donahoe while scouting the Patriots.

If everything progresses as it is currently, Willis in uniform after week 6!!!!! In time for the Jets!!

BidsJr
08-24-2003, 10:01 PM
Too my knowledge this is the first time that the Bills brass have stated publicaly that a return this season is likely.

I think this is big time news. If nothing else some extra medication to help cure fumbleitis.

Cntrygal
08-25-2003, 03:46 AM
I'll be mad if they put him on the field too early though....

TypicalBill
08-25-2003, 04:42 AM
on sportscenter yesterday, they had a clip just about McGahee and our RB situation.

They said his quad is 80% right now and as soon as its healed he'll begin practice.. most likely in october... and then if everything goes as planned, he'd start by midseason.

they also talked about our RB situation and how its fertile ground for teams like the Cowboys who need a RB and that Olandis gary could be had for a modest price.

Doc
08-25-2003, 06:34 AM
On ESPN, Mort also reported that McGahee's knee is TIGHTER than a healthy player's knee, which is great news since that's what you want. The quad is weak, not injured per se, and once it gets to 100%, he'll ge good to go!

Cntrygal
08-25-2003, 06:39 AM
After my surgery the ligaments in my ankle were tighter than my "good" ankle. That's how the surgery is done. Rehab is what "stretches" them back out, to where they should be. My surgeon told me that I would still be more apt to reinjure that ankle vs the "good one".

Ebenezer
08-25-2003, 06:41 AM
he was limping during practice on 8/18..not noticalby but just enough...

Jan Reimers
08-25-2003, 06:57 AM
If he's medically cleared to play, he should play. At that point, he is at no more risk of injury than any other player. If some of you amateur medical people had your way, he'd never play.

BidsJr
08-25-2003, 07:38 AM
What this says to me is that the knee is healed, and we are only looking at conditioning before Willis is ready to play. Doctors have the final say and I will put my trust in them.

Cntrygal
08-25-2003, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
If some of you amateur medical people had your way, he'd never play.

I'm not saying that... I'm just reserving my judgements until the docs actually do clear him. Afterall.... didn't Rosenass say a few weeks ago he was 100%? So is he digressing? :rolleyes:

Ebenezer
08-25-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by BidsJr
What this says to me is that the knee is healed, and we are only looking at conditioning before Willis is ready to play. Doctors have the final say and I will put my trust in them.

After that hit, his knee was being held together by less of a thread than my son's tooth was on Saturday....the knee is not healed.

yle
08-25-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
After that hit, his knee was being held together by less of a thread than my son's tooth was on Saturday....the knee is not healed.
Did you use the old string and a doorknob trick with your son?

Jan Reimers
08-25-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Cntrygal
I'm not saying that... I'm just reserving my judgements until the docs actually do clear him. Afterall.... didn't Rosenass say a few weeks ago he was 100%? So is he digressing? :rolleyes:

Is Rosenass a doctor, too? You know he's a liar...because his lips are moving. I'm just saying the doctors, and only the doctors, should determine when Willis should play. They're conservative enough for me.

BillsMan80
08-25-2003, 10:42 AM
Actually, Week 6 probably would be perfect timing, because it would be in October, and that would be over 9 months since the injury. I can see it happening.

Ebenezer
08-25-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by yledust
Did you use the old string and a doorknob trick with your son?

no. took it out myself...no blood.

IHateTheDullphins
08-25-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Cntrygal

If you believed what agent Rosenscum said, I've got some ocean-front property in Montana I could sell you, CHEAP!!!:lol!:

Mr. Miyagi
08-25-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

no. took it out myself...no blood.
You seem to be pretty handy with those pliers huh?