PDA

View Full Version : Panthers a playoff team???

German
08-25-2003, 04:50 AM
I live in SC and they really said on Fox News last night that the Panthers are playoff bound since they are 3-0 in the preseason.

I laughed so hard I almost spilled my beer.:hitself:

don137
08-25-2003, 05:45 AM
I live in Charlotte and a lot of people think highly of the Panthers. They have a super bowl caliber defense. The problem I see is teams will box eight players in the middle to shut down the running game and challenge Carolina to beat them in the air. Davis is a workhorse when healthy but he is hurt all the time. If Foster can come back to take some of the load off Davis it will help. On the Panthers opening series the Panthers had first and goal at the Packers one and four times they ran Davis and they never got in. Not good for a smashmouth football team. As far as the QB situation Weinke has been much better than Delomme and Peete but he has not played against first stringers.

German
08-25-2003, 07:08 AM
don,

I appreciate the input but I think you've missed the point of my post.
They go 3-0 in the pre-season and everybody thinks they are going to make the playoffs. Don't you think that's a little premature? They went 3-0 during the regular season last year before taking a dive.

That doesn't mean I don't wish them a good season. Just thought that was very funny.

Ð
08-25-2003, 06:10 PM
I drafted Tampa's defense high in FFL last year...they were my meal ticket all year, but I'm going to go with Carolina's defense this year.

don137
08-25-2003, 06:56 PM
German, I got your point. I was just giving my analysis of the team. I do think they have a shot at the playoffs even though it may be a long shot. Many fans think there team has a shot at the plyoffs. I'm sure there are a few bengals fans that think they will go to the playoffs...
D- I think Carolina will have a huge year defensively. Other than Stephen Davis the Panthers defense is the only thing worth drafting.