• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Dolphins News for the week of 8/25

Please post Dolphins news here
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

O-line up front about poor play

DAVIE -- Dave Wannstedt was unhappy with the offensive line after Friday's exhibition game against Atlanta, and the players weren't disagreeing with their coach.

Right tackle Todd Wade was the most critical of his play.

"I thought I played very poorly," Wade said Sunday. "I have to go out there and play football, and it doesn't matter who or when or what time the game is. That's not the type of ball I play."

more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

Griese’s injury likely not season-ending

DAVIE -- The Dolphins are preparing for quarterback Brian Griese to miss an extended amount of time by getting Sage Rosenfels ready and trying to acquire veteran Clint Stoerner.

Griese said he suffered a "bad sprain" of his left big toe, an injury that will keep him out for at least the exhibition finale. Rosenfels will play at least the first half Thursday at New Orleans and also will take about 25 percent of the snaps in practice behind Jay Fiedler, coach Dave Wannstedt said Sunday.

The Dolphins aren't saying when Griese might return but already are hoping to bring in the three-year veteran Stoerner, who was waived by the Dallas Cowboys on Saturday. The Dolphins will officially put in a claim for Stoerner when the league offices open today.

more

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

The Dolphins' home-field disadvantage

Players hate Pro Player's baseball infield
        It has never looked good, a gaping patch of brown gravel that baseball purists have the nerve to call a diamond, sitting right in the middle of a football stadium. It's an eyesore, it's misplaced, and increasingly, it's a detriment to the Dolphins' success.

The baseball dirt infield sitting in Pro Player Stadium is a fact of life, and likely will remain so as long as the Dolphins and Marlins share the facility. But this also is a fact: The Dolphins believe it's costing them players.

Long snapper Ed Perry is out for the season, and backup quarterback Brian Griese will miss at least two regular-season games after suffering injuries on the dirt infield portion at Pro Player.
        more

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Ruddy has MRI on sore knee

DAVIE -- Center Tim Ruddy missed practice Monday to get an MRI exam on his knee and he could miss Thursday's exhibition finale against New Orleans.

Ruddy said there is a little pain in his knee, but it's not serious. He was not expected to play much against the Saints, and if he does not play Seth McKinney would start at center.

"Over the years, I've had pain in my knee from different problems," said Ruddy, who also sat out Sunday's practice. "In camp, it usually gets worse, then it gets better. This year, I had some flare-ups in camp. But the one knee, the pain has persisted through last week. It's not any particular incident."

more

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Toe injury to sideline Griese at least one month

DAVIE -- At least for the early part of the season, the Dolphins had better hope quarterbacks Jay Fiedler and Sage Rosenfels don't get injured in the same game.

An NFL source said Tuesday that backup quarterback Brian Griese will miss up to a month with ligament damage in his left big toe. Under a worst-case scenario, Griese wouldn't dress for the first three games, home against Houston (Sept. 7), at the New York Jets (Sept. 14) and home against Buffalo (Sept. 21).

The Dolphins, confident enough in Griese's projected recovery time and Rosenfels' ability as backup, don't plan to add another quarterback to the 53-man roster.
            more

Comment

Working...
            X