could it be that TD planned it all along?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TypicalBill
    • Sep 2002

could it be that TD planned it all along?

ok, so we knew we were switching to a power running game.. we have one of the best OLines at Run blocking... we signed gash, we signed Gary (for a two year deal), drafted McGahee, already had Henry and a proven veteran in S.Morris.. and also have an excellent young prospect in Burns and NFL europe MVP in Simonton.

I read once before that TD signed Gary on purpose to make it look like we're not drafting McGahee ( i even heard it on espn radio when Coach Williams said it himself )... hence, we signed Gary for 2 years. I think TD signed the 2 year deal on purpose, even though Gary wanted a one year deal (he said it himself), so that we can trade him .. had we signed him a 1 year deal, it wouldn't have been likely for us to trade him cuz he woulda been an FA after the season... so did TD just get us a free draft pick?

For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

That would be interesting...If McGahee is good to go in week 6 I could see this. Burns has done well and runs hard. Morris can also play HB. Henry carried most of the weight last year. If Gary were traded for a pick I would not be upset.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Right now, Gary appears to be behind Henry, Morris, and Burns, so we'd have to keep 4 RBs in order for him to make the team. So with the possibility of McGahee coming in later in the year, we ought to trade Gary - if there's any interest.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Wys Guy
        Drew and Sam stole all my hair
        • Jul 2002

Not only that, Gary's a known quantity who sat on the FA market for a bit. So it's not extremely likely that he's gonna fetch much. Just b/c of a handful of PS runs! He didn't run well v. Baltimore or Tenn. Only what, 3, 4 runs v. STL.

No one's gonna give us much for Gary, especially realizing that we have choices to make. We're completely overrating Gary here. He's a journeyman backup RB, nothing more. There'll likely be better than him available via trade or on the skids.
        Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
          • Jul 2002

Even during his one good year in Denver 4 seasons ago, he only averaged 4.2 YPC while under similar circumstances both TD and Anderson averaged much more.
          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• TypicalBill
            • Sep 2002

For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

nice call.. very nice.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
              X