PDA

View Full Version : could it be that TD planned it all along?

TypicalBill
08-25-2003, 07:05 AM
ok, so we knew we were switching to a power running game.. we have one of the best OLines at Run blocking... we signed gash, we signed Gary (for a two year deal), drafted McGahee, already had Henry and a proven veteran in S.Morris.. and also have an excellent young prospect in Burns and NFL europe MVP in Simonton.

I read once before that TD signed Gary on purpose to make it look like we're not drafting McGahee ( i even heard it on espn radio when Coach Williams said it himself )... hence, we signed Gary for 2 years. I think TD signed the 2 year deal on purpose, even though Gary wanted a one year deal (he said it himself), so that we can trade him :D .. had we signed him a 1 year deal, it wouldn't have been likely for us to trade him cuz he woulda been an FA after the season... so did TD just get us a free draft pick?

:feedback:

Ebenezer
08-25-2003, 07:10 AM
That would be interesting...If McGahee is good to go in week 6 I could see this. Burns has done well and runs hard. Morris can also play HB. Henry carried most of the weight last year. If Gary were traded for a pick I would not be upset.

Jan Reimers
08-25-2003, 07:41 AM
Right now, Gary appears to be behind Henry, Morris, and Burns, so we'd have to keep 4 RBs in order for him to make the team. So with the possibility of McGahee coming in later in the year, we ought to trade Gary - if there's any interest.

WG
08-25-2003, 08:36 AM
Not only that, Gary's a known quantity who sat on the FA market for a bit. So it's not extremely likely that he's gonna fetch much. Just b/c of a handful of PS runs! He didn't run well v. Baltimore or Tenn. Only what, 3, 4 runs v. STL.

No one's gonna give us much for Gary, especially realizing that we have choices to make. We're completely overrating Gary here. He's a journeyman backup RB, nothing more. There'll likely be better than him available via trade or on the skids.

WG
08-25-2003, 08:38 AM
Even during his one good year in Denver 4 seasons ago, he only averaged 4.2 YPC while under similar circumstances both TD and Anderson averaged much more.

TypicalBill
08-31-2003, 04:16 PM
:bravo:

Tatonka
08-31-2003, 04:30 PM
nice call.. very nice.