PDA

View Full Version : Shaw

EM Bills Fan 80
08-25-2003, 12:47 PM
Alright, now I know it's just the preseason, but it appears to me, especially after the Rams game, that Bobby Shaw may play a Bigger role in the offense than Josh Reed. Shaw looked extremely impressive while Josh Reed still hasn't really shown much. It also Apprears that Bledsoe on saturday, was looking for Moulds, than Shaw, THAN coming back to Reed on a lot of passing plays. Any thoughts?

IHateTheDullphins
08-25-2003, 12:50 PM
don't believe everything you read. Shaw is good, and I'm glad he is on the team, but, Reed is now, and will be number 2, bottom line.

bernielivsey_1
08-25-2003, 01:02 PM
Read the D&C article for a responce.:freako:

IHateTheDullphins
08-25-2003, 01:08 PM
Starting job at wideout may be Shaw's

Free agent signee outplayed Reed in Saturday's win over the St. Louis Rams

By Leo Roth
STAFF WRITER

(August 25, 2003) — ORCHARD PARK — Free agent Bobby Shaw may have leapfrogged second-year man Josh Reed to earn the Buffalo Bills starting wide receiver job alongside Pro Bowler Eric Moulds.

In Saturday’s 28-24 victory over the St. Louis Rams, Reed finally caught his first passes of the preseason from quarterback Drew Bledsoe, three for 44 yards, including a pretty 29-yarder over-the-middle to set up a field goal try.

But Shaw was more impressive, catching four passes for 43 yards and an 8-yard touchdown. A 23-yard reception to convert a third-and-long play set up another Bills’ score.

“ He’s a very smart receiver in the slot,” Bledsoe said of Shaw, who played for Bills offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride in Jacksonville. “ He does a great job with his moves at the top of his routes and gets himself separation. He has a lot of experience in this offense, so he really understands where we need him to be.”

IHateTheDullphins
08-25-2003, 01:09 PM
that article doesn't mean anything

Michael82
08-25-2003, 02:35 PM
That's one of the many reasons why Leo Roth is an IDIOT!!! :snicker:

ryven
08-25-2003, 02:40 PM
Give reed a couple of reg season games and he will show why he is number 2. maybe if we actually run the ball more it will open then passing game more but we still have to work it into the game plan.

Throne Logic
08-25-2003, 02:40 PM
Despite what is said, Gilbride runs a passing offense. There are pretty much 3 starting wideout spots on this team.

Turf
08-25-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
Despite what is said, Gilbride runs a passing offense. There are pretty much 3 starting wideout spots on this team.

That's what I was thinking, there's no reason why they can't flip flop 2 and 3 with 3 wideouts. Either can play the slot.

justasportsfan
08-25-2003, 02:48 PM
I don't care who starts at what position. I just know we're gonna forget , "what's his name" that now plays for Atlanta. :D