PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Thought...

BillsMan80
08-25-2003, 01:16 PM
Let's say that TH has a great year, but, in bringing McGahee back during the season, we see that McGahee has the potential to be an absolute star. If this is the case, and lets say a team like Dallas comes up and offers us, their first round pick, which ends up being a Top 10 Pick, would you pull the trigger on the deal?

Patrick76777
08-25-2003, 01:18 PM
I've thought of that and think I would do it. I've told people that if we could get a first rounder from Det, Ari, Dal or Hou, I'd pull the trigger. Chances are, most of those teams will be bad this year and we'll get a high pick.

BillsMan80
08-25-2003, 01:21 PM
Obviously I mean trading Henry. I would do it, but on the condition that we could get a high pick. I would not pull the trigger on a deal with say Tampa or some team like that.

Patrick76777
08-25-2003, 01:24 PM
Naw, I was thinking Willis!

I think you'd get more than a 1st for Henry.

lordofgun
08-25-2003, 01:24 PM
NO WAY I trade Henry for just 1 first round pick. Maybe #1 2004 and #1 2005.

Patrick76777
08-25-2003, 01:25 PM
Exactly Log.

But I'd do it for Willis.

BillsMan80
08-25-2003, 01:26 PM
You wouldn't even trade Henry for a Top 5 Pick in this draft? Maybe a 1st and 2nd/3rd. This draft is a really deep draft too.

Patrick76777
08-25-2003, 01:27 PM
1st overall......maybe, but I'd want a 3rd rounder also.

I love henry this year. So far, everytime he's touched the ball, he's gone off. This guy is going to have a monster year.

BillsMan80
08-25-2003, 01:34 PM
I agree...the thing is, we aren't going to be able to get that much from Willis no matter how much he shows.

Patrick76777
08-25-2003, 01:37 PM
That's why I'm saying we go to one of those teams right now and say, "you've go Willis for your first next year." Risk for both teams. but it could be great for both teams. Say the Lions get a great back in Willis and we get a top 5 pick in the draft next year to grab our new LDE.

venis2k1
08-25-2003, 01:37 PM
Henry wont command more than a mid first rounder and a conditional 2005 pick. hell thats what they got for ricky, and if you think henry is better than ricky, your crazy. Henry is a good back, but running behind our Offensive line helped his stats alot, i dont think henry could go 1000 yards behind the lions O-line.

cordog
08-25-2003, 01:41 PM
Plus Henry isn't making a whole lot of money for the #s hes putting up. They have him signed for 2 more years after this season. A trade isnt necessary. Hell Atlanta gave up a 1st for Price, I think someone would give up a high first for a young proven running back who can put up 1500 yds and isnt a huge hit on the cap just yet

BillsMan80
08-25-2003, 01:51 PM
That's the thing about McGahee. No one will be willing to risk a 1st Round Pick unless they've seen him produce for an extended period of time.

Patrick76777
08-25-2003, 01:54 PM
Ummm. We did!

Originally posted by BillsMan80
That's the thing about McGahee. No one will be willing to risk a 1st Round Pick unless they've seen him produce for an extended period of time.

BillsMan80
08-25-2003, 02:03 PM
We were the only ones. Besides, as good as Henry may be, I think McGahee is going to be better.

lordofgun
08-25-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1
Henry wont command more than a mid first rounder and a conditional 2005 pick. hell thats what they got for ricky, and if you think henry is better than ricky, your crazy. Henry is a good back, but running behind our Offensive line helped his stats alot, i dont think henry could go 1000 yards behind the lions O-line.

I disagree. That's about what we got for Price minus the conditional. Henry is worth MUCH more than Price, IMO.

Throne Logic
08-25-2003, 02:28 PM
This is rediculous. Travis is an amazing back. If he can cut his fumbles down this year (and the second half of last year showed improvement on this), he'll most likely be a top 3 back in the NFL. I don't care what McGahee's potential is. You keep the known commodity. McGahee couldn't be that much better than Henry, regardless of what he does. Keep in mind folks, our current OC completely mismanaged the running game last year. If he figures it out just a tiny bit, Henry could easily improve on last years 1438 yards. Just what do you expect McGahee to do that would be even better?

venis2k1
08-25-2003, 02:33 PM
Henry could be one of the best rbs this year, Mcgahee could be one of the best RBs ever.

Schobel94
08-25-2003, 02:33 PM
A high first rounder does sound good, we could pick up a guy like Eli Manning who would be our QB of the future, but, I like Henry a lot. Id rather trade McGahee. We'll see...

Throne Logic
08-25-2003, 02:35 PM

Don't necessarily think Henry is better than Williams. I do, however, think that it's almost a moot point. They are both great backs with somewhat different styles. I'd love to have them both around for years to come in the AFC East. Makes the rivalry that much more potent.

As far as the trade goes, well, I think Miami got a good deal on that one. New Orleans just wanted to get rid of him. Yeah they gave up two #1s, ultimately. However, it's only going to be that high a price because Ricky's proved that he's going to be worth it for them.

The_Philster
08-25-2003, 03:47 PM
Obviously I mean trading Henry. I would do it, but on the condition that we could get a high pick. I would not pull the trigger on a deal with say Tampa or some team like that.

Not a chance. We'd be fools to trade away Henry before seeing how good McGahee is first.

BillsMan80
08-25-2003, 03:59 PM
Right Phil, I am saying, if we activate McGahee early, and we see that he has a chance to be better, those are the only conditions I would deal Henry.

saviorbledsoe
08-25-2003, 04:28 PM
I am going to be the guy to go out on a line here and make my gaurantee about Henry.

He will have 1800 yards this year and be the MVP. You heard it here first. Write it down, take a picture, fax it!

And we dont need to draft a great "QB of the future" yet. No matter what WYS says Drew will be our guy for the next 4 years at least. You cant have a Top Draft QB sitting for more than 2 years.

Knock on wood on all of the above :)

cordog
08-25-2003, 05:58 PM
Neither Henry or McGahee are big hits on the cap, so what is the hurry to get rid of one???

THATHURMANATOR
08-25-2003, 06:27 PM
Henry could be one of the best rbs this year, Mcgahee could be one of the best RBs ever.

??? Come on guys the guy totally blew out his knee about 8 months ago. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. I hope he does turn out to be that good but I really would find it hard to trade away a proven 1500 yard 10 td rb and replace him with a rookie with a reconstructed knee.

THATHURMANATOR
08-25-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
I am going to be the guy to go out on a line here and make my gaurantee about Henry.

He will have 1800 yards this year and be the MVP. You heard it here first. Write it down, take a picture, fax it!

And we dont need to draft a great "QB of the future" yet. No matter what WYS says Drew will be our guy for the next 4 years at least. You cant have a Top Draft QB sitting for more than 2 years.

Knock on wood on all of the above :)

I like the sounds of that!

The_Philster
08-25-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
??? Come on guys the guy totally blew out his knee about 8 months ago. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. I hope he does turn out to be that good but I really would find it hard to trade away a proven 1500 yard 10 td rb and replace him with a rookie with a reconstructed knee.
:bf1:

Dolfan984
08-25-2003, 08:33 PM
If you were to trade Henry, I'd hope you'd get more than what we traded for Williams. We gave two pretty low #1 round picks for a guy who's best season was a 1250 yard 6 td season. Of course it was two #1s because he got more than 1500 yards (and almost 400 yards higher than that) If Henry were traded, I'd expect at least two guaranteed #1s.

WG
08-25-2003, 08:53 PM
TT,

You got it. Not only did McG rip up his knee this year, he injured it the year prior, and then again the year before that.

So why are we willing to trade a perfectly good RB for the same risky RB just b/c he's already on our team?

At least we're seein' the issue that TD created.

Since we're so eager for picks, how about trading Drew for another first and keeping Henry. If we want, trade McG too for a first. Wouldn't make sense taking him this year only to trade for a first next. But hey, since when does TD always make sense.

BTW, savior, I beat ya to it a while back. I also think Henry's gonna challenge for 1,800 as long as Gilbride really runs the ball more. ;)

Dolfan984
08-25-2003, 09:19 PM
Henry will get around 1650 or so, 1700 isn't out of the question IMO. Now before I get devoured think about how hard it is to get 1600. I'd say Ricky is at least a half-step above Henry right now, and unless your line performs as good as the Cheifs O-Line did last season, it's going to be hard to get 1800 yards, even with the increased running, which will be a good thing for you. The more you run, the more likely your YPC will be lower. You just aren't as fresh when you have to run 3 times in a row, and you won't get quite get as many yards per carry.

I'll be the first to say that if you become a balanced team, and get 1600-1700 yards, you'll know that your running game has helped your offense a LOT more than it did last year, even with Henry having a high YPC. Your defense should be good enough to not have to be in shootout mode all game now, and if you run and run often, and Drew doing his thing with a lot less pressure (2nd and 5, 3rd and 3) he will be even better.

Just trying to be unbiased.

Ð
08-25-2003, 09:26 PM
Ricky Williams:

"Sometimes, I just don't feel fresh"

http://espn.go.com/i/magazine/new/bracket_williams.jpg

Dolfan984
08-25-2003, 09:39 PM
Wow, Ricky looks a lot different than that now. He's way more cut and his chest isn't so friggen huge.

That was like 5 years ago wasn't it? He wasn't even treated for Social Anxiety Disorder at that point, man I wonder what the look on his face was when he saw that.

venis2k1
08-25-2003, 10:21 PM
ill bet anyone, any ammount of money that henry dosent have 1700 rushing yards this year.

juice
08-25-2003, 11:25 PM
"A bird in the hand" ...If Henry goes off for more than 1400 yds and cuts down on the fumbles, you can bet Willis is trade bait next year. As of right now your not stuck either way with an outragous cap No. I think if Travis stays healthy all year there is no way you give him up. I think you wait until the end of the season if he stays on the field and is productive you almost have to keep him.

lordofgun
08-26-2003, 08:47 AM
Welcome juice!

I just don't want to trade either of them until we know what willis is capable of.

BillsMan80
08-26-2003, 09:27 AM
Right, LOG, I wasn't implying a premature trade. I was implying, once we've figured out our guy, if we would be against a trade next year, if say, Willis came back strong, and we wanted to trade one and Dallas or someone with a top 5 pick came along calling.

saviorbledsoe
08-26-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
TT,

BTW, savior, I beat ya to it a while back. I also think Henry's gonna challenge for 1,800 as long as Gilbride really runs the ball more. ;)

oh no, when we start thinking alike its time for me to jump off a bridge. :flush:

And Trade DREW????????????

WTF are you smoking these days. Really, I want to know.