PDA

View Full Version : For someone who didn't see the game...

Pride
08-25-2003, 03:24 PM
Did the Bills really play as well as everyone here is making it out to be? Or was it simply an improvement over the past 2 weeks?

Pride :blah: BillsZone

yle
08-25-2003, 03:32 PM
They really put together an all around solid effort. The most impressive thing for me was the push they got, especially up the middle of the Rams line (though this could have something to do with the fact that the Rams line isn't what it used to be).

Jan Reimers
08-25-2003, 04:29 PM
Their pass rush and pass prorection were superb, their passing game was in sync, the running game was decent despite the loss of Henry early, and they cut way back on dumb penalties. Only give aways/ take aways were a real problem.

BillsFever
08-25-2003, 11:29 PM
We were down 10 points after the 3rd quarter. Basically our scrubs that will be washing dishes in a couple weeks beat their scrubs who will be working the drive thru in the 4th quarter.

We looked great in the first, terrible in the 2nd and 3rd, and great in the 4th.

Tatonka
08-25-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Their pass rush and pass prorection were superb, their passing game was in sync, the running game was decent despite the loss of Henry early, and they cut way back on dumb penalties. Only give aways/ take aways were a real problem.

thing is, the turnovers (other than drews bad int) were by backups, and guys that wont touch the ball come regular season.. hell, driver is already gone.

mikemac2001
08-26-2003, 01:25 AM
Drew's int was bad but still a solid game by him. i want shaw to be number two i love reed but he is a great slot WR

mybills
08-26-2003, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by Pride
Did the Bills really play as well as everyone here is making it out to be? Or was it simply an improvement over the past 2 weeks?

We only won by 4 pts. I think that answers it. I'd like to see them win by at least 7 in preseason, and at least 14 in reg. But I am picky! ;)

Jan Reimers
08-26-2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
thing is, the turnovers (other than drews bad int) were by backups, and guys that wont touch the ball come regular season.. hell, driver is already gone.

I agree, but I would like to have seen our starting D or our STs force a couple of TOs.

WG
08-26-2003, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers

Agreed!

Problems: O only played well for 2 series. The first two. The next one ended on a Drew pick. The following two on 3rd down passing incompletions. The next two weren't great either. So for two drives we were stellar. After that it wasn't much better than the previous two games, even w/ the first unit.

D was good as JR annotated. However, Warner was 13 of 15 passing. So it was essentially either a sack (4 with the first unit) or a very productive passing play for the Rams. Faulk was held to less than 4 YPC, and yes, w/o Adams, Edwards instead, on the game.

STs were good but not great.

Big problem: Time of Possession; 25 minutes!!!

That's fine if you're only playing your first team D for a half, but during the season that'll kill ya. I know the excuses will come out, but until we don't pass 70% of the time as we did in that game, it's an issue. So far, all we have is GW's word that we're not gonna pass as much.