X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

For someone who didn't see the game...

Did the Bills really play as well as everyone here is making it out to be? Or was it simply an improvement over the past 2 weeks?

Pride BillsZone
  • yledust
    Beerophile
    • Apr 2003

They really put together an all around solid effort. The most impressive thing for me was the push they got, especially up the middle of the Rams line (though this could have something to do with the fact that the Rams line isn't what it used to be).

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Their pass rush and pass prorection were superb, their passing game was in sync, the running game was decent despite the loss of Henry early, and they cut way back on dumb penalties. Only give aways/ take aways were a real problem.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• BillsFever
        Mr. Predictament
        • Feb 2003

We were down 10 points after the 3rd quarter. Basically our scrubs that will be washing dishes in a couple weeks beat their scrubs who will be working the drive thru in the 4th quarter.

We looked great in the first, terrible in the 2nd and 3rd, and great in the 4th.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
          Their pass rush and pass prorection were superb, their passing game was in sync, the running game was decent despite the loss of Henry early, and they cut way back on dumb penalties. Only give aways/ take aways were a real problem.

thing is, the turnovers (other than drews bad int) were by backups, and guys that wont touch the ball come regular season.. hell, driver is already gone.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• mikemac2001
            is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
            • Mar 2003

Drew's int was bad but still a solid game by him. i want shaw to be number two i love reed but he is a great slot WR

MUCK
            FIAMI

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

Re: For someone who didn't see the game...

Originally posted by Pride
              Did the Bills really play as well as everyone here is making it out to be? Or was it simply an improvement over the past 2 weeks?
              We only won by 4 pts. I think that answers it. I'd like to see them win by at least 7 in preseason, and at least 14 in reg. But I am picky!
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                thing is, the turnovers (other than drews bad int) were by backups, and guys that wont touch the ball come regular season.. hell, driver is already gone.
                I agree, but I would like to have seen our starting D or our STs force a couple of TOs.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  Agreed!

Problems: O only played well for 2 series. The first two. The next one ended on a Drew pick. The following two on 3rd down passing incompletions. The next two weren't great either. So for two drives we were stellar. After that it wasn't much better than the previous two games, even w/ the first unit.

D was good as JR annotated. However, Warner was 13 of 15 passing. So it was essentially either a sack (4 with the first unit) or a very productive passing play for the Rams. Faulk was held to less than 4 YPC, and yes, w/o Adams, Edwards instead, on the game.

STs were good but not great.

Big problem: Time of Possession; 25 minutes!!!

That's fine if you're only playing your first team D for a half, but during the season that'll kill ya. I know the excuses will come out, but until we don't pass 70% of the time as we did in that game, it's an issue. So far, all we have is GW's word that we're not gonna pass as much.
                  Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X