PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 reasons that henry is overrated...

venis2k1
08-25-2003, 11:05 PM
First off, i would like to say that i like henry, i like henry just fine. But some of you are talking like this kid is Simpson reborn, when it just isnt true. You automaticlly think 1438 yards, he must be great. that number is a little misleading. these are my top 5 reasons that henry wont go for 1000 yards this year, let alone 1800(as predictied by many zoners)

1. most of you could tell me that henry finished #5 in rushing in the nfl last year, but could you tell me where the bills finished in rushing??? 24th. there were 23 other teams that moved the ball for more yards than us on the ground last year. these include Cincinnati, Dallas and Arizona.90% of our running plays went through henry last year(this stat includes QB scrambling and wr reverses)...this is in large part because of Brysons injury. if you think henry is gonna see 70% this year with the depth at RB we have, than your crazy. if Mcgahee comes back as eary as they are predicting, look for it to be around 55-60% or less for the season.

2. Drew Bledsoe is under Center. Living in NE, i have heard for about 9 straight years how bledsoe's team is gonna focus more on the run, bla bla bla...its yet to happen. KG will never ever run a ground orentated offense.

3. Lack of a true deep threat. this will keep more men in the box, keeping henrys YPC down.

4. last year, 10 of our games were against teams in the bottom half of the league in rushing defense. including NE(31st) twice, houston (28), Chicago (26). This year, we face a much stronger schedule.

5. Henry Never Ever showed up for our big games, and he is so inconsistant that its almost funny. he had 30 yards vs the vikes(2.5 ypc) and a fumble, 35 against denver(2.9 ypc) and a fumble, 46 yards against the packers(2.3 ypc) and a fumble, a whopping 80 yards against Cincy(2.7 ypc) and 2 fumbles.

That is only 5, but here is another point.

Fumbles. 11 fumbles last year, 8 lost, 13 tds. Thats a +5 TD/Fum lost ratio. 15 NFL RBs had a better ratio last year.

Tatonka
08-25-2003, 11:17 PM
venis, i am going to disregard this post and assume that you are drunk.

BillsFever
08-25-2003, 11:19 PM
You wanna put some money on that? Henry will easily go for 1,000 yards.

lordofgun
08-25-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

:rofl: classic

cordog
08-25-2003, 11:22 PM
Wow, this is even worse than Wys's thoughts on Drew

venis2k1
08-25-2003, 11:24 PM
im sure he will go for 1000 i was just stressing a point., Travis is a very good back, but ill bet any ammount that he wont make the pro bowl this year.

:pimp:

Tatonka
08-25-2003, 11:26 PM
yeah.. you really seem to like him :rolleyes:

say that again about henry and i will do this to you...

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/football/nfl/img6589135.jpg

venis2k1
08-25-2003, 11:28 PM
im gonna bump this thread the last week of the season no matter what henry does. but im pretty sure that it will make me look not so crazy.

lordofgun
08-25-2003, 11:30 PM
Holy crap! That pic has top be doctored, T.

Tatonka
08-25-2003, 11:43 PM
that is the actual picture.. it was sent to me from the ff site i use. it was the picture of the day.

Tatonka
08-25-2003, 11:43 PM
actually.. i did doctor it..

short's biceps are not nearly that big.

cordog
08-25-2003, 11:44 PM
speaking of pictures, i love your sig venis

Tatonka
08-25-2003, 11:54 PM
when does that game come out?

bernielivsey_1
08-26-2003, 12:50 AM
Even if Travis does get just 1000, Gary will get 500 and Willis and Burns will get another 500 so I'm kool with that. Your nutz though. Get some help.

StanMarino13
08-26-2003, 02:01 AM
When Henry played the fins a division rival(which usually make them count) he ran for almost a combined 300 yards in those two games. I guess he just sucked.

bernielivsey_1
08-26-2003, 02:26 AM
Yeah and didnt the fiedlerfins have the best D in the AFC last year? WOW I just agreed with a Fins Fan..................Damn now I have to kill myself.
Good bye cruel world. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASplat..............Uh oh I clipped one of Dumbo's ears now he's out for the year. I guess its up to sage.

WG
08-26-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
LMAO!!!

Indeed! And people call me negative!

Originally posted by venis2k1
First off, i would like to say that i like henry, i like henry just fine. But some of you are talking like this kid is Simpson reborn, when it just isnt true. You automaticlly think 1438 yards, he must be great. that number is a little misleading. these are my top 5 reasons that henry wont go for 1000 yards this year, let alone 1800(as predictied by many zoners)

1. most of you could tell me that henry finished #5 in rushing in the nfl last year, but could you tell me where the bills finished in rushing??? 24th. there were 23 other teams that moved the ball for more yards than us on the ground last year. these include Cincinnati, Dallas and Arizona.90% of our running plays went through henry last year(this stat includes QB scrambling and wr reverses)...this is in large part because of Brysons injury. if you think henry is gonna see 70% this year with the depth at RB we have, than your crazy. if Mcgahee comes back as eary as they are predicting, look for it to be around 55-60% or less for the season.

2. Drew Bledsoe is under Center. Living in NE, i have heard for about 9 straight years how bledsoe's team is gonna focus more on the run, bla bla bla...its yet to happen. KG will never ever run a ground orentated offense.

3. Lack of a true deep threat. this will keep more men in the box, keeping henrys YPC down.

4. last year, 10 of our games were against teams in the bottom half of the league in rushing defense. including NE(31st) twice, houston (28), Chicago (26). This year, we face a much stronger schedule.

5. Henry Never Ever showed up for our big games, and he is so inconsistant that its almost funny. he had 30 yards vs the vikes(2.5 ypc) and a fumble, 35 against denver(2.9 ypc) and a fumble, 46 yards against the packers(2.3 ypc) and a fumble, a whopping 80 yards against Cincy(2.7 ypc) and 2 fumbles.

Fumbles. 11 fumbles last year, 8 lost, 13 tds. Thats a +5 TD/Fum lost ratio. 15 NFL RBs had a better ratio last year.

You have some valid points, but unfortunately the invalid ones outweigh the valid ones.

To your points venis:

1. First of all, as a team, the Bills ranked 4th from last in rushing attempts largely due to this infatuation and enamorment w/ Drew and the passing game.

2. Valid, although the coaches can't do that again or it's gonna cost some of them their jobs. So there's a silver lining, although I tend to agree w/ you.

3. You're falling prey to media nonsense. If Moulds isn't a deep threat, then what is he? Shaw? Brown/Coleman? Reed is certainly a solid medium threat if not deep. There won't be any stuffing the box v. us.

4. Our schedule is tougher, but your argument is not completely true.

5. Same here. It's simply not true. Go look at Henry's game log. Besides, don't blame him if he only got 11 carries. He had 283 rushing yards in two games v. Miami! Not showing up for big games!!!

Brian Griese Rulz
08-26-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by StanMarino13
When Henry played the fins a division rival(which usually make them count) he ran for almost a combined 300 yards in those two games. I guess he just sucked.

How many did Ricky run for???:eek:

Patrick76777
08-26-2003, 08:04 AM
Didn't he average almost 5 yards a carry?

How do you explain that?

Plus, this guy is running like a maniac this year.

justasportsfan
08-26-2003, 08:12 AM
StanMarino was being sarcastic of course. Venis, pretty sad when a finfan has more respect for our rb than you do. Na , I know you do, justaplayin.

24th in the league. That's not Henry's fault . Blame Gilbride. RW has over 100 more attempts than Henry. I don't think anyone is saying he's the next coming of OJ ,just like no one is ready to annoint Drew as the next Kelly. However, We haven't had a qb and rb that had brought stability at their respective positions since Kelly and Thurman years.

Anyone remember Collins, Flutie, Johnson. Running by committee? I actually think we have enough depth for runBycom again...:D

IHateTheDullphins
08-26-2003, 08:40 AM
Venus- What you have said here today, in no way, shape, or form,
has come close to making any sense whatsoever.
We are all now dumber for having read that insane pile of
crap that somehow made it from your brain to you fingers.
I award you NO points, and may god have mercy on your soul. :puke:

WG
08-26-2003, 08:46 AM
What's also funny is saying that Henry didn't show up for any of the "big games."

I consider the "big games" last year to have been the divisional games, plus the games v. K.C., Denver, Oakland, K.C., and Green Bay.

I don't consider the big games to have been v. Minnesota, Detroit, Cincy, Chicago, or Houston.

So if you have to blame someone for "not showin' up to big games", you guessed it, Blames Buffalo's hero Drew who put up 11 TDs/0 INTs in those "non big games" and 13/15 in the big games. 10/15 in ten of those eleven big games!

Henry in those same 11 big games had 234 carries for 1,037 yards, 9 TDs, and 245 receiving yards for averages of:

21 carries, 94 rush yards, 22 rec. yards, 116 total yards, almost 1 TD/game, about the same as Drew yet as a rusher.

And if you wanna talk about the impact of getting carries, in those big games above where he had more than 20 carries, he had:

134 carries for 702 yards, 6 TDs and 99 rec. yards. for averages of:

27 carries, 140 yards, 1.2 TDs/game, 20 rec. yards/game!

So I'd certainly say he outperformed golden boy in the "big" games! Wouldn't you!

Yet another reason why Gilbride's an idiot and why Henry, not a 2 or 3 RB platoon, needs to get the ball 22+ times/game!

WG
08-26-2003, 08:49 AM
And BTW, if, and w/ Gilbride I certainly know that's a big "if", but if Henry gets those carries, I see no reason why he cannot amass 1,800 yards and 16+ TDs.

The field will be plenty spread. But at 5.2 YPC, all Henry needs is 346 carries. Not saying he'll average 5.2, but I can certainly see him averaging 4.6-4.8. Even at 4.8, 375 carries would get him there. That's an average of fewer than 19/game.

WG
08-26-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins

LOL

1,000 yards... :rolleyes:

I'd wager my 401K that barring injury Henry has 1,000 yards!

Not only that venis, you forget that TD has an enormous RB issue as early as late this season. If he wants to trade Henry, he'd better ensure that Henry gets as many yards as possible. Yet another reason for him to keep Gilbride on a very short leash!

If he wants to trade McG, good luck. I don't think we're gonna get something that was worth us not having used the pick on someone else. Not w/o McGahee playing some.

Patrick76777
08-26-2003, 08:57 AM
You brought Drew into this? You just never stop!

justasportsfan
08-26-2003, 09:02 AM
Venis, you are one hell of a negative poster. Unlike wys who blames our D performance on Drew and now Henry's running on Drew as well..... Get a grip Venis stop being so negative and "be like wys"

Originally posted by Wys Guy

So if you have to blame someone for "not showin' up to big games", you guessed it, Blames Buffalo's hero Drew who put up 11 TDs/0 INTs in those "non big games" and 13/15 in the big games. 10/15 in ten of those eleven big games!

At least by turning your Henry thread into a "drew sucks" You should get more zb's. Go thank wys. :D

lordofgun
08-26-2003, 09:10 AM
Travis Henry is averaging 13.3 yards per carry in the preseason. I like him. :D

Patrick76777
08-26-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Travis Henry is averaging 13.3 yards per carry in the preseason. I like him. :D

THat's what I'm talking about. THis guy is ready to roll. I bet he puts up 150 against the Pats.

WG
08-26-2003, 09:14 AM
With any luck, by midseason, averaging 10-15 YPC, Henry should have locked up the rushing title!

Count on him for what, 300 carries, at 12 YPC, conservatively of course, and he'll have 3,600 yards by the end of the season!

WooHoo! Go Vols!

:D

LtBillsFan66
08-26-2003, 09:15 AM
I don't think Henry is overrated. Do you mean by Bills fans? If you mean Bills fans, then every player is overrated. :D If you mean the national media, then I don't think there is too much of a buzz about Henry. All the talk is about Ricky, Priest, Ladanian, Marshal, and Portis. I think Henry gets mentioned and gets props, but I don't think it's too much.

Patrick76777
08-26-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone
I don't think Henry is overrated. Do you mean by Bills fans? If you mean Bills fans, then every player is overrated. :D If you mean the national media, then I don't think there is too much of a buzz about Henry. All the talk is about Ricky, Priest, Ladanian, Marshal, and Portis. I think Henry gets mentioned and gets props, but I don't think it's too much.

Good point!

saviorbledsoe
08-26-2003, 10:41 AM

This is the dumbest post I have ever read in my life. Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did anything even make a bit of sense. Everyone who has read this is now dumber for having done so.

:pee:

Game Shark
08-26-2003, 10:47 AM
what???? I can't hear you!!!!! the stupidity of this original post has rotted my brain.

Henry may not be the next O.J. but he is one of the better backs in the game today. Him and Portis are both gonna be huge this year. Mark my words

saviorbledsoe
08-26-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins

oops my bad...hadnt read your post before i wrote the above post.....but it does fit the situation though.

saviorbledsoe
08-26-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Henry in those same 11 big games had 234 carries for 1,037 yards, 9 TDs, and 245 receiving yards for averages of:

21 carries, 94 rush yards, 22 rec. yards, 116 total yards, almost 1 TD/game, about the same as Drew yet as a rusher.

And if you wanna talk about the impact of getting carries, in those big games above where he had more than 20 carries, he had:

134 carries for 702 yards, 6 TDs and 99 rec. yards. for averages of:

27 carries, 140 yards, 1.2 TDs/game, 20 rec. yards/game!

So I'd certainly say he outperformed golden boy in the "big" games! Wouldn't you!

Yet another reason why Gilbride's an idiot and why Henry, not a 2 or 3 RB platoon, needs to get the ball 22+ times/game!

what have i been thinking......you are right WYS...Drew Sucks......I am going to change my avatar and and sign on name right away! We do need another QB.....They are a dime a dozen. Who should we take buddy ol pal?

Are you listening Greg Williams and Tom Donahoe? Get out your scratch pads and start brewing your coffee because WYS GUY HAS THE F***ING ANSWERS TO BRING US TO THE PROMISE LAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bf1:

colin
08-26-2003, 11:18 AM
Travis has great power, and good moves, and can catch well too.

If he does not cure his fumbling problem, he will continue to be just OK for the team. Fumbles are the worst thing and O can do.

German
08-26-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by colin
Travis has great power, and good moves, and can catch well too.

If he does not cure his fumbling problem, he will continue to be just OK for the team. Fumbles are the worst thing and O can do.

I don't think he has dropped the ball in the last two games, did he?
I totally agree with you Colin, he needs to hang on to the ball to be a great back. Other than that he has what it takes.

THATHURMANATOR
08-26-2003, 12:20 PM
im sure he will go for 1000 i was just stressing a point., Travis is a very good back, but ill bet any ammount that he wont make the pro bowl this year.

:pimp:

Why do you think this? It seems like everytime he touches the ball this preseason good things happen. That coupled with the fact we are going to run the ball more I see no reason he shouldn't at least equal last years numbers(barring injury).

justasportsfan
08-26-2003, 12:38 PM
COnsidering the company Henry's with in the AFCE, it is a possibility he won't make the probowl. But it isn't far fetch to think he will make it either. Venis is way off thinking he "definitley" won't make it.

lordofgun
08-26-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by German
I don't think he has dropped the ball in the last two games, did he?

True, but he's only carried the ball 7 times. :D

IHateTheDullphins
08-26-2003, 02:15 PM
Venus should change his name to UrAnus

German
08-26-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun

True, but he's only carried the ball 7 times. :D

Considering that he dropped the ball every 5.7 touches last year...j/k

Let's not over analyse this. He's going over 1000 yards this season. No doubt in my mind.

venis2k1
09-21-2003, 11:26 PM
Now i dont like to kick a dog when hes down, but i think some people owe me an apology. who ever started this thread is a freakin genious.

lordofgun
09-21-2003, 11:27 PM
I'm not giving up on him yet...but if this keeps up, I will hail you.

LABillsFan
09-22-2003, 12:24 AM
After next week 25% of the season will be gone. If Henry lights it up next week, that means he averages 1 good game in 4. I don't like those numbers. To wit, in the second half of the season, the running game is usually relied on more this concerns me. I say start preping Morris and Burns and try to hold out untio Magahee returns.