in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Predict the outcome: Bills vs. Broncs

Place your predictions here!

I think it'll be anohther shootout.

Bills 49
    Broncos 28

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• Bufftp
    Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Bills 28
    Broncos 24
    Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
    "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
    Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
    - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
    to be led by permanent ideals -
    that is what keeps a man patient
    when the world ignores him,
    and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• ublinkwescore
      Sab and TD are insignificant
      • Sep 2002

Buffalo 40

Denver 33
      www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

Even G. Willams bonehead decisons won't factor into this one...it won't be that close to matter. Lucky him.

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
          • Jul 2002

ill take the broncos in a close 1...about 5 points
          Its all about the quest.

Comment

• blcny
            • Jul 2002

Bills 41
            Broncos 38
            Another OT, Another comeback by Drew and the Offense
            LET"S GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• BillsMan80
              Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
              • Jul 2002

Bills 31
              Broncos 27
              The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
              THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• Drewpac
                • Jul 2002

Bills 19
                Broncs 16

The kickers will decide this one!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                  • Jul 2002

If the Bills put up more than 30 I'll be absolutely shocked. I think we've been spoiled by having played two easy opponents up front.

My prediction:

Denver:

~200 yards rushing on at least a 6.0 ypc avg., 3 rush TDs
                  250 yards passing and 2 TDs by Griese
                  thrown in a couple of FGs

Denver scored 23 and 24 points against last year's #2 and #13 Ds. Both teams had tough rush Ds, yet Denver responded very well. To think that they'll have less rushing success against us is to be naive. They averaged over 150 ypg rushing. So I figure they'll have that plus some. Another 50 against our rushing D that can't seem to stop the run is totally reasonable.

They'll go up first, early, and often. We'll have to abandon the running game early as a result due to necessity coupled w/ the fact that Henry won't have anymore success than he did last week. Rhodes is a good DC. Expect to see some looks that we've not seen so far, and plenty of blitzes to throw Drew out of his rythym.

ToP: Denver w/ 40+ minutes

Denver 41, Bills 23
                  Over by halftime or early third as Denver runs the clock out in the second half successfully gaining yards on the ground as a result of our inability to stop them. I can foresee Denver having 250 rushing against us.

We don't matchup well vs. the Broncos.
                  Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• 4thAndLong
                    I'm Really 4 and Short
                    • Sep 2002

Denver wins a blow-out.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      • Jul 2002

23 points against Denver's D in Denver won't be bad. It's just that to think that we can stop the Bronco attack is silly. They'll score just as often if not moreso than Minnesota did. The big difference; Denver has the horses to rush the ball all day long, moreso than Minnesota. So if we couldn't stop Minnesota, then we can't stop Denver.

Of course TOs can change the game too. But that's a double-edged sword.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                        • Jul 2002

Let's just hope our STs show up. If there are huge lapses there, it could be an utter disaster. We can't afford to give Denver even moderate field position.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          • Jul 2002

Until Gilbride figures out a way to not make Drew a one-man show, we're gonna be hurtin'. Drew's played very well, although I want to see how he plays against some teams that can really generate a pass rush. But still, w/ sketchy STs, and that may be kind, a sieve-D that can't stop any run worth a crap, and a running game that only shows up vs. the very weakest of opponents are not good compliments to a winning season.

Even the Niners two seasons ago were 6-10, but they were extremely well-balanced on offense much more so than we are. Garcia is better than Drew too. So it's unreasonable to expect that with a D worse than the Niners' of that year, along w/ STs worse, and no consistent running game, that we wouldn't be as good. Especially when you consider the tough schedule, of which we've not seen one tough team on it yet, that we have.

Gilbride has some work to do...

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• BidsJr
                            • Sep 2002

I'm not quite sure why the 49rs were the team of choice for your comparison Wys, if you look at the Rams of 2000 their defense is at best our equal. Faulk had only 4 100 yard games and two of those were 200+. He was a non factor in a number of games rushing the ball as the Rams were in constant shootouts. Also the Garcia is better than Drew comment only holds water if your talking about Drew being put in SF's west coast offense. The opposite would hold true if Garcia was put in Gilbrides vertical offense. Garcia doesn't have the arm strength.

The net result of these comaprisons?

Nothing. Let them play the game. The 2002 Bills might go down in history as the worst Defensive team to win the super bowl.

If we don't?

Most of us expected to be a year and a d-lineman or two away anyway.
                            "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• 4thAndLong
                              I'm Really 4 and Short
                              • Sep 2002

Wys, why do you put 3 straight posts like that? I heard of riding the post count up.. but man...

Hopefully we'll be able to win this one, dont see it happening. Their FB and 2 RBs are better than our RB, they have more consistent receivers ,and have one of the best TEs ever in Sharpe. A defense that will shut our run down.

If this was in Buffalo it might be different, I really think home field advantage will play a huge role in this game.

Comment

Working...
                              X