• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ð
    1-800-SAD-GOAT
    • Jul 2002

Question for you Bills Old-Schoolers

I was going through some boxes at home the other day and I came across an old Bills ticket stub from a game I went to in my senior year at college;

December 20, 1987, Patriots game (#8)
    Sec F, Aisle 5, Row 28, Seat 8

Price 16.44, County Charge .25, Tax 1.31 for a total of $18.00

If I remember correctly, it was just above freezing that day and raining cats & dogs.

Anyhoo, when did the Bills change from a "lettering" seating plan for sections, i.e. sec "F" to a numbered seating plan ?

If memory serves me correctly, section F would have been about where 312 or 313 is under the new seating plan.
  • Morgoth
    Can you blow me where the pampers is?
    • Jun 2003

It's funny that you say that. I came across a Bills-Jets stub with a lettered section it was supposedly one of the coldest games in Bills history in Dec 1992
    Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.

Comment

• Billsbabee

I was at that Bills-Jets game in Dec of 1992 and you ain't kiddin' COLD!!! It was like -7 or -10 windchill, something like that. Can't remember exact day, but thought it was the day after Christmas, the 26th?

Comment

• Fairway To Green
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billsbabee
        I was at that Bills-Jets game in Dec of 1992 and you ain't kiddin' COLD!!! It was like -7 or -10 windchill, something like that. Can't remember exact day, but thought it was the day after Christmas, the 26th?

I was at that game. The only game I've ever gotten so cold I left. We left at the end of the 1rst quarter. It had snowed the night before so they did not have time to clear out the seats. talk about a mess.

When we left there was a drunk guy outside the stadium walking around with no shirt and falling down in snowbanks. His hands were beet red. I would not be suprised if he died that day.

Comment

• Ð
          1-800-SAD-GOAT
          • Jul 2002

How about that 1993 AFC Championship game vs KC.
          That was coooooooollllldddddddd!

I froze my ass off up in the cheap seats.

Comment

• Patrick76777
            • Jul 2002

They changed when they renovated the stadium a few years back.
            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

I used to watch them at the old War Memorial Stadium, affectionately known as the "Rock Pile." You were lucky if you had a seat that wasn't broken. We didn't worry much about letters or numbers.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Ð
                1-800-SAD-GOAT
                • Jul 2002

I have images of Fred Flintsone breaking rocks with is dinosaur-steamshovel when I think of the Rock Pile

Comment

• redeye5
                  • Dec 2002

I was 6 years old......October 7th 1979, Bears Game .((Ticket Price 14.44, County Charge .25, Tax 1.31 for a total of $16.00 GOING TO MY VERY FIRST BILLS GAME WITH MY DAD..............PRICELESS)). It was a day I will never forget. We left the house early in the morning and Mom made us some fried chicken wrapped in aluminum foil. It was my first game If I remember correctly? It rained, got sunny then snowed a little bit. The Bills lost 7 to 0, but to this day it is one, if not the fondest memories I have of when we did something as father and son. I remember how the stadium seemed larger than life to me. Her is an actual pic from that game:
                  Current Ralph Wilson Stadium Weather Click Below
                  IF YOU PLAY TENNIS AND YOUR NAME ENDS WITH A "ova" YOU ARE HOT!!!!!

Comment

• Ð
                    1-800-SAD-GOAT
                    • Jul 2002

Joe Feguson!!!!!

You know what gets me when I see these old photos is that the players back then never complained about the bad astroturf, slipping on the dirt infield, bad shoes, bad coffee, wrong flavor Gatorade, etc, etc.

Not like the fat pansys these days.

Comment

• redeye5
                      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Ð
                      Joe Feguson!!!!!

You know what gets me when I see these old photos is that the players back then never complained about the bad astroturf, slipping on the dirt infield, bad shoes, bad coffee, wrong flavor Gatorade, etc, etc.

Not like the fat pansys these days.
                      And look how much skinnier they were back then....No supplements, steroids etc...just really tough guys who knew how to take a big hit and get up, puke their guts out and get ready for the next down....
                      Current Ralph Wilson Stadium Weather Click Below
                      IF YOU PLAY TENNIS AND YOUR NAME ENDS WITH A "ova" YOU ARE HOT!!!!!

Comment

• Travis Hunter
                        • Jul 2002

Fergy always had that terrible habit of hanging his head down coming to the sidelines after a bad play like he was ashamed.
                        They were showing on ESPN Classic the Bills 76 season I think, and they had the classic of Fergy walking off with his head at 90 degrees. If he was a turtle he just could have gone in his shell.
                        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Morgoth
                          It's funny that you say that. I came across a Bills-Jets stub with a lettered section it was supposedly one of the coldest games in Bills history in Dec 1992
                          That would've been my first -ever Bills game. I was home on leave from the Air Force and me and another guy were gonna show up at the game and surprise helmetguy. helmetguy had no idea I was home but our mutual friend gave him a message that he had someone to take the extra seat. Unfortunately, we circled the stadium till after 12:30 before we gave up and went back to the car. We missed him at the Will Call Window by 10 minutes!! He had hit 2 snowstorms on the way up.
                          Originally posted by Ð
                          How about that 1993 AFC Championship game vs KC.
                          That was coooooooollllldddddddd!

I froze my ass off up in the cheap seats.
                          That was relatively balmy...the Raiders game the week before was the coldest game in Bills history.
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• HAMMER
                            I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                            • Jul 2003

The Jets game you are reefering (LOL) to is what convinced me to move to San Diego. Call me a candy ass but I was visiting a friend in SD and was watching the game at THE BEST BILLS BACKER BAR, BLIND MELONS. It was a typical sunny 70* day in SD and Buffalo was hosting the coldest game in their history. I went to the beach at half time to smoke one and made my decision that day. I spoke with my cousin that night and he said it was beyond brutal, said his beer froze halfway between his car and the gates. I still go every Sunday to Blind Melons, lots of Buffalonians drinking it up on Sunday morning screaming for our Bills to run more. I come back for a couple games a year, this year it's Iggles and the Stinky Fish. If any of you come to SD please come to Blind Melons on Sunday, it is a blast. Let me know what's up with the BZ Tailgate party for the Iggles game , I would like to stop by and meet you guys.

Comment

• cordog
                              eat, drink, and be merry
                              • Apr 2003

Didnt the Jets win that game by the way?? And if i rember right i believe the Bills-Jets 92 game was like a week before christmas.

Comment

Working...
                              X