PDA

View Full Version : Another 1st place vote for Bills!

kgun12
08-26-2003, 12:26 PM
Vinnie Lyer SportingNews.com (http://) Picks the Bills to finish 1st!

This is some of what he says:

I'm picking: Buffalo. This was by far the toughest division for me to figure out. I still can't believe that only the Jets made it out of here last season and both the Patriots and Dolphins did not play beyond Week 17.

So, of course the only logical thing is taking the Bills to go from worst -- if you call going 8-8 and finishing a game behind the other three teams "worst" -- to first.

They were smart to deal Peerless Price with Josh Reed in waiting and spent their money where they needed it -- on a defense that gave up 397 points last season. Gregg Williams is a defensive-minded coach, and with Sam Adams and Takeo Spikes helping to increase his front seven's playmaking quotient, there will be less pressure on a talented young secondary, allowing it to also make more big plays.

and

Winning one against the Pats will give this team much confidence, and the Bills will continue their rise from 3-13 two years ago to. . . .11-5, No. 3 seed in the AFC.

We can only hope they don't read all the positive press they are getting!

venis2k1
08-26-2003, 12:27 PM
Vinnie Lyer!!!!! i better get my SB tickets now.

IHateTheDullphins
08-26-2003, 12:28 PM
At least this guy read the Price deal the way it really was!

SoCalBillsFan
08-26-2003, 12:29 PM
finally someone acknowledges the price move!

Patrick76777
08-26-2003, 12:31 PM
Nice. real nice. I like getting some props.

Venis is also in a mood today.

kgun12
08-26-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1
Vinnie Lyer!!!!! i better get my SB tickets now.

I was going to say that Vinnie Lyer wasn't a household name, but decided to see how long it would take an optimistic Bills fan to rip this guy.

You win venis!!!:1:

Patrick76777
08-26-2003, 12:42 PM
Anyone post this on the fin site yet?

They'll go NUTZ. Can't wait. I almost feel bad for this guy, they're going to rip him apart.

kgun12
08-26-2003, 12:46 PM
I didn't Patrick can't bring myself to go there! You are right, this will make fin fans nuts!

saviorbledsoe
08-26-2003, 01:09 PM
Ill do it! Which fin site??? I go on the Dolphins board on ESPN.com. Ill post it there......they deserve to know the truth.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TypicalBill
08-26-2003, 03:02 PM
My breakdown of the division for 2003, in which I find out that I'm not getting caught up with the Fish again:

I'm picking: Buffalo. This was by far the toughest division for me to figure out. I still can't believe that only the Jets made it out of here last season and both the Patriots and Dolphins did not play beyond Week 17.

So, of course the only logical thing is taking the Bills to go from worst -- if you call going 8-8 and finishing a game behind the other three teams "worst" -- to first.

They were smart to deal Peerless Price with Josh Reed in waiting and spent their money where they needed it -- on a defense that gave up 397 points last season. Gregg Williams is a defensive-minded coach, and with Sam Adams and Takeo Spikes helping to increase his front seven's playmaking quotient, there will be less pressure on a talented young secondary, allowing it to also make more big plays.

Reed will benefit much like Price did, getting favorable coverage and looks because both Travis Henry and Eric Moulds are tough enough to handle. The key to the offense avoiding slumps, however, is Drew Bledsoe being more consistent.

It all starts in Week 1 when Bledsoe faces off against his former coach/nemesis, Bill Belichick, at home. Belichick coached New England to an easy sweep of the Bills that kept them out of the playoffs last season.

Winning one against the Pats will give this team much confidence, and the Bills will continue their rise from 3-13 two years ago to. . . .11-5, No. 3 seed in the AFC.

Rest of the article (includes the rest of the ACF/E) (http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/vinnie_iyer/20030825.html?tbd20030825.html)

Aero II
08-26-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
Ill do it! Which fin site??? I go on the Dolphins board on ESPN.com. Ill post it there......they deserve to know the truth.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You may have to go there, if finhaven is down again.
:p:

Shiny Chicken
08-26-2003, 03:21 PM
When you can't put your finger on why a team struggles, that's the definition of an intangible. Seau alone can't keep the defense from wearing down late -- what's most puzzling is how the team's two "shutdown" corners, Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain fade -- like when Moulds and Price torched them for 223 and three scores in December.

:snicker:

MDFINFAN
08-26-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
At least this guy read the Price deal the way it really was!

in your opinion, I still see cap room for days in your budget.

MDFINFAN
08-26-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
Anyone post this on the fin site yet?

They'll go NUTZ. Can't wait. I almost feel bad for this guy, they're going to rip him apart.

No we won't, we have enough bills fan telling us everyday how great you guys are and how we'll choke in december, don't waste your time.:hitself:

kgun12
08-26-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

in your opinion, I still see cap room for days in your budget.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with a fin fan, but your are right. I didn't think keeping Price was a good idea seeing all the hole we had to fill. We filled them fairly well, and still have a lot of money left, we could have resigned him, and still been in good cap shape.

HotRod
08-27-2003, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by kgun12
I was going to say that Vinnie Lyer wasn't a household name, but decided to see how long it would take an optimistic Bills fan to rip this guy.

Nice article, it lowers my blood pressure from the radio show I was listening to earlier. The guy on there (was a fill in for the regular) was giving his predictions/breakdowns of all the divisions. He must be a nfc fan, because he spent most of his time talking about the nfc. When he finally did get to the AFCE.... he didn't mention the Jets or Bills! Just that he'd pick Bellick over Wannedstat. That was it!