PDA

View Full Version : I know this is a bit early but...

saviorbledsoe
08-26-2003, 05:07 PM
Does anybody know what the weather is supposed to be like at the Pats game? I know its early...didnt know if there was a long forcast or not.

I hope there is a freak snow storm...or at least 70 degrees with a nice breeze :)

WG
08-26-2003, 05:56 PM
S-N-O-W!!!

:evil: MWUHAHAHA.....

IDC much as long as it's not like last year where it was like 180 degrees on the field w/ the sun beatin' down as if it were in Death Valley!

WG
08-26-2003, 05:57 PM
sb,

We on for lunch north of Selinsgrove if I'm drivin' up solo that weekend?

saviorbledsoe
08-26-2003, 06:09 PM
hmmmmm you going to poison me? lol

ill be with my gf but ill meet you at the BZ tailgate party

and it WAS as hot as hell last year....i was at the OCT 6 Raidas game and it was so damn hot I got mad sunburn and had a white forehead where my hat was

bernielivsey_1
08-27-2003, 03:08 AM
Try going to a Hurricanes game at 1:00 PM on a sat. Heat stroke everywhere. Hot babes too.

bernielivsey_1
08-27-2003, 03:16 AM
From another site:
You may be from Buffalo if:

You ever bragged about your driving time to Toronto.
You still call most businesses and institutions by names that they were known twenty or more years ago, for instance:
Bon-Ton "AM&A's"
Ralph Wilson Stadium "Rich Stadium"
Dunn Tire Park "North Americare Park" or "Pilot Field"
Kauffman's "Hengerer's"
Quality Markets "Bells"
Half of your friends moved to Charlotte, North Carolina and the rest went to Raleigh.
You can tell what part of town someone is from their accent. Especially dat der Chickatavaga town der, an' de freggin' Wesside.
You slam on the brakes and slow to a crawl whenever you see the "Village of Kenmore" sign.
You compare ice scrapers with your buddies.
You can actually taste the difference between Molson, Labatts and Old Vienna.
Your idea of a seven-course meal is a six pack of Genny Cream Ale and a bucket of wings.
You think of a high school, not a cartoon, when you hear references to "South Park."
You think driving is better in the winter, because the potholes are filled in with snow.
You go "hshhhhhh" whenever a story about a fire or the Bills appears on the news.
You know what "wind chill factor" and "lake effect snow" means.
You know who "Commander Tom" is.
You think Halloween lasts for two days.
You think it's perfectly acceptable to take a day off work on:
Dyngus Day
St. Joseph's Day
St. Patrick's Day
St. Stanislaus Day
Ash Wednesday
the Monday after a Bills victory
You use your garage as the living room during the summer, putting a big screen over where the overhead door would be.
Your next door neighbor has a huge sign on their lawn reading "Abortion is Murder."
Every once in a while the "We're Talkin' Proud" song gets stuck in your head.
You watch reruns of the Paul McGuire Show on the Empire Sports Network in May.
You move to Charlotte, and you get a satellite dish just to watch the Empire Sports Network.
You ever sarchastically said "Fun? Wow!"
You ever lived at a place where the address included "upper," "lower," "front" or "rear."
You hate Genesee Cream Ale, but somehow begin to crave it after you move to Charlotte.
You never put away the winter clothes.
You ever used a hairdryer to get into your car.
You watch the Bills or Sabres on TV with the sound turned down, and the radio turned to the game.
Your idea of "doin' donuts" doesn't involve the glazed ones with sprinkles, but rather a rear wheel drive vehicle and a shopping mall parking lot.
You can accurately judge the social status of someone by the first two digits of their telephone number.
You would consider voting for a tax increase to pay for Rich Stadium improvements, but you complain loudly about "all my hard earned dollars" funding such luxuries as the library system, the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra, and the Buffalo Museum of Science.
You ask "so, what are ya?" or "so, what is that?" when someone tells you their last name.
You think a 150,000 square foot supermarket is small.
You live within walking distance of a bowling alley.
You ever were the victim of the "Genny screamers" or the "Labatts splats."
You experience culture shock in Rochester.
Your parents ever threatened to send you to "Father Baker's."
You think you're paying outrageously high taxes to subsidize the New York City subway system.
You think you're paying outrageously high electricity bills to subsidize cheap electricity in New York City.
You think you're still paying tolls on the Thruway to subsidize repairs to expressways in New York City.
You have ever been shocked when you visited another city because:
you thought everyplace was 90% Catholic
you hardly ever heard a Polish or Italain surname
you couldn't get a fish fry -- and the waitstaff had no idea what you were talking about
all the pizzerias were chains
all the restaurants seemed a bit too "fancy"
the bars close "so early," at 2:00 AM
you saw houses for sale with six digit price tags
everything seemed so clean compared to "back home"
everyone seemed so thin compared to "back home"
you saw no cars with rust
so many people were driving foreign cars and SUVs
there wasn't a Tops or Wegmans
You still have your "Whammy Weenie."
You consider a marriage between parishoners of two different Catholicchurches to be a mixed marriage.
You feel guilty when you throw away cans and bottles when you're in another state.
You don't leave home without your "Entertainment" coupon book.
You think nothing of Bills and Sabres pre-game and post-game shows that are much longer than the game itself.
A case of Genny pounders for $ 8.88 at Tops.
You kids start listening to the AM stations at 4:00 AM during a snowstorm.
You almost crash and die 4 times on the way home from work and you think wow the roads are better than yesterday.
You order from one place for wings one place for pizza and and another for subs.
You think the only hot dogs in the world are Salens and Mieleckie.
When you can still tell a woman is hot even if the only skin you see is her eyes between her hat and her scarf while she's wearing a snowmobile suit.
You cant be a firefighter because you dont drink.
No matter what bar you go to theres at least three women in it you've dated.
For at least an hour every day your blind cause you glasses are fogged up and you dont feel like cleaning them.
When you feel a 6" hole through an iced windshield is more than enough to start driving on the Kensington expressway.
When you have brake pads on all four tires and you think its a luxury.
When you see someone in a Dolphin jacket and it takes every ounce of energy not to beat the crap out of him.
Your too cold for sex.
You know what temp. and how long it takes beer to freeze.
You lose 6 hats and a dozen gloves every year.
When you consider a woman with 4 kids on welfare a catch.
You know 50 places to hunt and fish and drink at 200 bars but you only know where one church is.

:lol!: Sorry its so long but this cracked me up. :lol!:

The_Philster
08-27-2003, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by bernielivsey_1
When you see someone in a Dolphin jacket and it takes every ounce of energy not to beat the crap out of him.

:lol:

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-27-2003, 01:35 PM
The meteorologists in this town can't figure out what is going to happen to the weather tomorrow, how are they going to predict what is going to happen in two weeks?

MDFINFAN
08-27-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

:lol:

And I will be in a Dolphins Jacket, you'd better hold your peace or else Rich Stadium will be going down, along with all ya'll..

:snicker2:

Michael82
08-27-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
The meteorologists in this town can't figure out what is going to happen to the weather tomorrow, how are they going to predict what is going to happen in two weeks?

Uh....it's almost a week left. That's it. :D

saviorbledsoe
08-27-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282

Uh....it's almost a week left. That's it. :D

DAMN SKIPPY!!!!! Im counting the Seconds! :pimp:

TedMock
08-27-2003, 02:45 PM
68 degrees, mix of clouds and sun.

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/adcbin/public/8to15day_local.asp?partner=accuweather&zipcode=14201&metric=0

The_Philster
08-27-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
And I will be in a Dolphins Jacket, you'd better hold your peace or else Rich Stadium will be going down, along with all ya'll..

:snicker2:

:punchu: I'm ready for ya. :D
Seriously, you gonna make it up to Buffalo for a game?