PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins release DE Daryl Gardener

missphin_2001
07-19-2002, 03:21 PM
http://www.gopbi.com/partners/pbpost/news/719gardener.html

He was a distraction to the team, and I for one am glad.

BillsMan80
07-19-2002, 03:29 PM
I'll take him if we have the money to sign him...That would make him more motivated, and it would make our team that much stronger.

missphin_2001
07-19-2002, 03:36 PM
You can have him

JefftheBillsfan
07-19-2002, 03:50 PM
I wouldn't mind him either. He can def. come in and help out our run defense, even if for only say 20-25 carries a game. And he would be motivated as Billsman pointed out.

BillsMan80
07-19-2002, 03:53 PM
Well, your defense is just weaker because of it because he can be a really good player and a key addition to a team.

missphin_2001
07-19-2002, 03:56 PM
Well, it is being reported that several of the team leaders, (I.E. Zach Thomas, Sam Madison) asked Dave to release him because he has been skipping workouts, and being a major distraction in the locker room.

Cut the cancer. Besides, he has had two back surgeries in two years, and was still having back spasms during a later mini camp this off season.

I also find it hilarious that most Bills fans were calling him washed up a few weeks ago, and now you want him on your team...laughable. ;)

JefftheBillsfan
07-19-2002, 03:58 PM
When Burnette was signed you may remember me saying that Gardener may be cut and that we should look at him, just for the record...

BillsMan80
07-19-2002, 04:09 PM
While Gardener may not be the player he was, he is still a player who can contribute to this football team which is why I'd like to take a look at him.

Michael82
07-19-2002, 04:12 PM
The sad truth is, missphin...he's better than what we have now! :lol:

missphin_2001
07-19-2002, 04:23 PM
Mike, talent wise, he is better than what we have now! lol

It's just too bad he has so many mental issues, and back problems.

mchurchfie
07-19-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by missphin_2001
Well, it is being reported that several of the team leaders, (I.E. Zach Thomas, Sam Madison) asked Dave to release him because he has been skipping workouts, and being a major distraction in the locker room.

Cut the cancer. Besides, he has had two back surgeries in two years, and was still having back spasms during a later mini camp this off season.

I also find it hilarious that most Bills fans were calling him washed up a few weeks ago, and now you want him on your team...laughable. ;)

Hmmmm....sort of like when we cut Jamie nails and you guys picked him up:curtsey:

missphin_2001
07-19-2002, 04:44 PM
Was Nails a cancer in the locker room? We picked him up because he has shown a lot getting his weight down to 340, and is looking sharp in practice.

He will have a chance to battle for a job in training camp.

Hey I am sure someone will pick up Daryl, if you guys get him more power to ya!

gonzo1105
07-19-2002, 04:51 PM
Hey its being reported that the Dolphins made a trade for the Panthers DE Jay Williams that is why they released him they trades a 4th round pick and DE Al Wilson or something i dont even remember his name. I say Buffalo signs him. He will come back strong and want to kick Miami's asses game in and game out

SoCalBillsFan
07-19-2002, 05:13 PM
miss phin for the record I called him washed up, and I dont want him. Especially if he's a cancer.

missphin_2001
07-19-2002, 05:36 PM
SoCal, I agree with you honey. ;)

Butch
07-19-2002, 05:41 PM

What's even more hilarious is that Dolphin fans had the same opinion of Jamie Nails and Marcus Spriggs. At least Darryl Gardener had some productive seasons.

mchurchfie
07-19-2002, 07:19 PM
Was Nails a cancer in the locker room? We picked him up because he has shown a lot getting his weight down to 340, and is looking sharp in practice.

He will have a chance to battle for a job in training camp.

Hey I am sure someone will pick up Daryl, if you guys get him more power to ya!

And that is the way that a lot of us felt when you guys picked up Nails...more power to ya. It did not bother any of us in the least, actually it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that we had to face him twice a year. Nails wasn't a cancer, he just ate everything in sight that wasn't bolted down and underachieved because of it. I am sure that he is on a mission and has something to prove and I am sure that if we picked up Gardner he would be out to prove something also. But you know what?...They will both be back to their evil ways by next year...Jamie will be back up to 420 Lbs and Gardner will be milking his back and starting crap in the locker room again, so it doesn't matter either way....know what I mean jellybean?

missphin_2001
07-19-2002, 07:33 PM
Sure do. And hey, I like your sig...;)

mchurchfie
07-19-2002, 07:39 PM
Thanks missphin, glad to see yuh aboard!:up:

Muck
07-19-2002, 09:41 PM
The Phins saved over $3 million this year by cutting Gardener. Jay Williams (the guy we traded for) has a base salary of $1.65 million (no signing bonus because Carolina eats that). So that eats up half the savings. But the Phins are currently in renegotiation meetings with Williams' agent. So we'll get that number chopped down.

Personally, I like this move. We get a veteran, two-way DE who is a leader and has a SB ring. Plus he can shift inside on passing downs (like Burnett).

mchurchfie
07-19-2002, 09:47 PM
I have to admit, I think that the fins made a very smart move all the way around while improving their depth. Gardner was a very big questionmark.