PDA

View Full Version : Sam Adams or Huge Douglas

ShadowHawk7
08-26-2003, 06:32 PM
Hey i found out that Huge (or however you spell it) Douglas was in the free agency for the picking anlong with Adams. Douglas has been to 2+ Pro Bowls and is solid in every aspect of DT, and he has proof of it too. The Bills probably coulda signed Douglas for around the same price as Adams. I'm not completely Wys on Adams, yet. :priest: Just cuz Adams hasn't made tackles doesn't mean he's doing bad. I haven't seen one good run up the middle yet. Still, the Bills are dishin out major cash money for him to stand out, not be over taken by Ron Edwards! I think the Bills shoulda gotten Douglas for sure. :bigmike:

:loblo:
:pow: :apu: :badboy:
:flush:
:nerd2: :peace:

Spikes fan trapped in Urlacher territory!!!

THATHURMANATOR
08-26-2003, 06:34 PM
Douglas signed for way more money too.

The_Philster
08-26-2003, 06:42 PM
Douglas is also a DE

ShadowHawk7
08-26-2003, 06:50 PM
Still, he would provide a good 1-2 punch with Shobel (or however u spell it :priest: ) AND maybe even Williams. And if Edwards is doing as great as you guys are talking about, we don't need Adams anyways.

:loblo:
:pow: :apu: :badboy:
:flush:
:nerd2: :peace:

Spikes Fan stuck in Urlacher territory!!!

Ron C.
08-26-2003, 07:10 PM
How about Douglas at DE and then trading for big Ted for a 4th round pick? Not too shabby!

kgun12
08-26-2003, 08:02 PM
Hell we could of had both and kept Price. I will not question Donahoe because he has done some really good things, but with all the cap money and holes we had, we could've done better with the money we had. Hopefully like I said I won't question him until we see the final product in real time action. Who knows maybe there is a reason for him to have all that money left over. Is someone getting cut from another team soon or a trade? Sure is a lot of money left unspent!

Turf
08-26-2003, 08:59 PM
Price with his ego and large head did not want to be here. I wasn't about money, it was about being #1.

WG
08-26-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
Hey i found out that Huge (or however you spell it) Douglas was in the free agency for the picking anlong with Adams. Douglas has been to 2+ Pro Bowls and is solid in every aspect of DT, and he has proof of it too. The Bills probably coulda signed Douglas for around the same price as Adams. I'm not completely Wys on Adams, yet. :priest: Just cuz Adams hasn't made tackles doesn't mean he's doing bad. I haven't seen one good run up the middle yet. Still, the Bills are dishin out major cash money for him to stand out, not be over taken by Ron Edwards! I think the Bills shoulda gotten Douglas for sure. :bigmike:

Just b/c he hasn't made any tackles doesn't mean he's good either. :)

BTW, I think it was a Ravens RB who ran right by Adams as he couldn't do anything. I just don't think teams have run UTM much, having little to do w/ Adams. Besides, he barely played last game.

Douglas over Adams any day! Edwards will eventually end up being the starter for one reason or another.

Schobel94
08-26-2003, 09:54 PM
Actually Adams did have a tackle in the Rams game... I think hes just bruce smithing it out there.

Tatonka
08-26-2003, 10:04 PM
word from jacksonville, and from hugh himself, is that he has played like crap so far.

sam adams is cheap..

hugh douglas is way expensive.

Gunzlingr
08-26-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
word from jacksonville, and from hugh himself, is that he has played like crap so far.

sam adams is cheap..

Truer words have never been spoken. Hugh has had very little impact, and his cost is far more.

MDFINFAN
08-27-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Schobel94
Actually Adams did have a tackle in the Rams game... I think hes just bruce smithing it out there.

Adams had a what? Man, I've watch the 1st two games and then he has a tackle in the game I didn't see. Wys you're correct, the Raven ran at least 3 times up the gut and 2 were for 4 yards, the other one was for about 2 yards. Never were they stuff in the backfield in the middle. But like most teams will do, they ran off tackle a lot. But if you run right at Adams you can win. He's like what everybody says about Seau, not in his prime anymore, and not trying to prove anybody wrong either. Hugh could have been better even though he's not doing a lot in Jax right now, he'll show up. But Adam will be Adam, first half of the season you guys will love him and I'll come here and you guys will be raving about him, then the 2nd half of the season comes alone, and I'll be raven. :whisper:

BillsOverDolphins
08-27-2003, 01:18 AM
we shall see my fellow nomad

bernielivsey_1
08-27-2003, 02:37 AM
:evil: 29th against the run folks. Hugh is a pass rusher. He wanted money thats why he went to a noncontender. We keep 2 mill. free every year for signings during the year. If there are any glaring noles TD will fill them. :bf1:

mikemac2001
08-27-2003, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by kgun12
Hell we could of had both and kept Price. I will not question Donahoe because he has done some really good things, but with all the cap money and holes we had, we could've done better with the money we had. Hopefully like I said I won't question him until we see the final product in real time action. Who knows maybe there is a reason for him to have all that money left over. Is someone getting cut from another team soon or a trade? Sure is a lot of money left unspent!

he cant do everything right....he has turned this team around for Crap to BLING BLING

TD is a great GM and you know i might question some of his moves but in the end i still feel he has and will put together a competative team in buffalo for years to come....he knows the cap and how to manage it. he knows talent and how to use it. TD IS DA MAN

northernbillfan
08-27-2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
sam adams is cheap..

:bf1: That's what I was thinking reading this thread.

IHateTheDullphins
08-27-2003, 08:11 AM
It's not like we can go back and change anything so this seems to be a waste of time.

PhinPhan1227
08-27-2003, 12:36 PM
Just .02 from someone who watched him...our 3rd round rookie LT kept Hugh Douglass from touching either Phins QB, and also kept him from registering a tackle....not even an assist. Maybe he's still getting into game shape, but he looked mediocre last week.