PDA

View Full Version : Henry in MAdden '04

LVGrown
08-28-2003, 06:39 AM
so my boyfriend and i just finished playing some Madden '04 and I had Travis with an overall rating of 98 and his tackle breaking was 100, he was out of control. League MVP with 2200 yards and 20 td's with a 4.7 average! Oh yeah, we kicked ass in the Super Bowl to. You woulda thought the Bills really won with my reaction! I lost the team the next season though, it was horrible! Anyway, here is to hoping he is better then the game!!

Erin

Tatonka
08-28-2003, 07:19 AM
98 overall rating? did you adjust him?

his normal rating is 89.

fabolouspaul
08-28-2003, 08:42 AM
Damn, I just rented Madden. All I gotta say is that this is one of the worst football games ive ever played. The graphics look cartoonish, the gameplay istnt smooth, the camera angles suck, and maddens voice is annoying. The Bills helmet looks like a replica! The funny thing is that on the 1st play of the game (the kickoff), my return man is on his 20 and he fumbled the ball all the way to the end zone! A 20 yard fumble. lmao at this game. After playing NFL2k3 all year long, this game is nowhere near as realistic as NFL2k3. I cant wait till ESPN 2k4 comes out on Tuesday!

fabolouspaul
08-28-2003, 09:00 AM
Madden: The Buffalo logo on the helmet is about half the size its supposed to be. The name stitching on the jersey dosent look like that! The blue shoulder dosent look like that! Where's the red outline on the blue shoulder? Helmet looks like a cheap replica!
http://images.ea.com/sports/games/2004/madden/screenshots/nintendogamecube/03.jpg

NFL2k4: Buffalo logo on the helmet is the same size as the official helmet. Name stitching and lettering looks more authentic. The blue shoulder looks more realistic. Red outline on the blue shoulder. The jersey looks overall more authentic. Cool think is, you can choose over 6 different uniform styles. Ill be picking white on white for away and blue on blue at home. Or, I can pick the same uniform and helmet (white helmet with standing buffalo) back in the OJ era or Jim Kelly (royal blue) era.
http://gamepro.com/microsoft/xbox/games/previews/images/29492-10-2.jpg

IHateTheDullphins
08-28-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by fabolouspaul
Damn, I just rented Madden. All I gotta say is that this is one of the worst football games ive ever played. The graphics look cartoonish, the gameplay istnt smooth, the camera angles suck, and maddens voice is annoying. The Bills helmet looks like a replica! The funny thing is that on the 1st play of the game (the kickoff), my return man is on his 20 and he fumbled the ball all the way to the end zone! A 20 yard fumble. lmao at this game. After playing NFL2k3 all year long, this game is nowhere near as realistic as NFL2k3. I cant wait till ESPN 2k4 comes out on Tuesday!

Worst ever huh, did you rent it for gameboy? I don't know what planet you're from, but I hope we blow it up some day! :puke:
:moon: :bigwave:

fabolouspaul
08-28-2003, 09:09 AM
rented it for xbox. Unlike others, I give both games chances. People that play Madden stick to it and never try anything new. Since the 2k series came out, my 50 bucks have been spent on the 2k series each year. I rent each game to see which ones worth my money. Not buy a cheap product. Anyways , look at the players, can u honestly say that the Bills uniform on madden looks more authentic then NFL2k4?

Gunzlingr
08-28-2003, 09:47 AM
Since I only play on the PC, the only choice is Madden. I sure miss Front Page Sports Football :sadwalk:

imbondz
08-28-2003, 10:01 AM
Missile Command :up:

LVGrown
08-28-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
98 overall rating? did you adjust him?

his normal rating is 89.

i went through like 3 seasons of mini camp with henry and earned the points to adjust his rating plus he progressed quite nicely over preseason and regular season. i put all the points from mini camp on his tackle breaking ability and pretty much nobody could bring him down, a little bulldozer!

IHateTheDullphins
08-28-2003, 12:05 PM
rented it for xbox. Unlike others, I give both games chances. People that play Madden stick to it and never try anything new. Since the 2k series came out, my 50 bucks have been spent on the 2k series each year. I rent each game to see which ones worth my money. Not buy a cheap product. Anyways , look at the players, can u honestly say that the Bills uniform on madden looks more authentic then NFL2k4?

Well, I have xbox and ps2, I have madden and 2k, Madden has been and is a much better game. I don't know what "cheap" product you're talking about, but you might want to lay off the high test coffee. And if you're talking about uniforms, you lost me again, you act as if Madden is in John Elway football style graphics. It's the people that try a game, then suck at it, so they think is sucks and it has awful graphics that are a dime a dozen, so i take it you got your a$$ kicked in madden.

:rofl:

fabolouspaul
08-28-2003, 12:25 PM
I used to a madden fan b4, but after the 2k series came out, theres just no comparison. Thats my opinion, if you dont agree attack the post not the poster.

IHateTheDullphins
08-28-2003, 12:28 PM
How old are you man? Must be under 18. Attack the post not the poster.

Please refer to below, tool.:fabulous: :puke:

fabolouspaul
08-28-2003, 12:33 PM
It's cool, keep dissin. Id rather stay away from your level. Hopefully they dont ban you.

IHateTheDullphins
08-28-2003, 12:36 PM
It's cool, keep dissin. Id rather stay away from your level. Hopefully they dont ban you.

trust me, you're not on my level. :bigwave:

d1220
08-28-2003, 12:39 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
[B]

Well, I have xbox and ps2, I have madden and 2k, Madden has been and is a much better game. I don't know what "cheap" product you're talking about, but you might want to lay off the high test coffee. And if you're talking about uniforms, you lost me again, you act as if Madden is in John Elway football style graphics. It's the people that try a game, then suck at it, so they think is sucks and it has awful graphics that are a dime a dozen, so i take it you got your a$$ kicked in madden.

I bought Madden 04 last week, and Fever 04 yesterday... I wish I never purchased Madden. Madden's graphics look too cartoonish. The gameplay is ok, but Fever's is just as good. With Fever, the player's faces are their real faces, noticably better/very realistic graphics, excellent gameplay, Xbox live compatable, and the Bills are given considerably better numbers on the player ratings. Madden has never given the Bills, or the AFC in general good ranks. Oh, and as you know, all Xbox Live games use the headset.... so you can talk smack when whooping their butts. Unless you own both, you cannot fairly judge. BTW, I've already completed one season on Madden's 'Pro' setting, and usually beat the computer by 50 or more points, so you cant use the childish "you must suck at it" excuse.

fabolouspaul
08-28-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by d1220
[B]

I bought Madden 04 last week, and Fever 04 yesterday... I wish I never purchased Madden. Madden's graphics look too cartoonish. The gameplay is ok, but Fever's is just as good. With Fever, the player's faces are their real faces, noticably better/very realistic graphics, excellent gameplay, Xbox live compatable, and the Bills are given considerably better numbers on the player ratings. Madden has never given the Bills, or the AFC in general good ranks. Oh, and as you know, all Xbox Live games use the headset.... so you can talk smack when whooping their butts. Unless you own both, you cannot fairly judge. BTW, I've already completed one season on Madden's 'Pro' setting, and usually beat the computer by 50 or more points, so you cant use the childish "you must suck at it" excuse.

Thank you very much. :bf1:

IHateTheDullphins
08-28-2003, 12:56 PM
[B]

do you have CRAFTSMAN tatooed on your forehead? if not, you should.
:cry:

d1220
08-28-2003, 01:00 PM
You mush have some real personal issues. Anyone who would insult someone over a freaking video game either has some serious issues that he/she needs to discuss with a psychiatrist or is 12. You truly take the cake my troubled friend.

venis2k1
08-28-2003, 01:02 PM
Ive played both madden and 2k, i personally like madden better, jmo. Its funny, i read an article about the games in egm last year. they compared the games to football teams. they said the 2k series is like the bills of the early 90's, good enough for second place every year. i got a kick out of that.

IHateTheDullphins
08-28-2003, 01:06 PM
You mush have some real personal issues. Anyone who would insult someone over a freaking video game either has some serious issues that he/she needs to discuss with a psychiatrist or is 12. You truly take the cake my troubled friend.

Wow, I can't believe it! You're right, I am so sorry! I don't know what came over me, can you ever find it in your heart to forgive me?

fabolouspaul
08-28-2003, 01:08 PM
Ya it depends on what u prefer. I prefer the 2k series. To each his own. I just dont like it when people buy a game just because of the name of it. Then later on, they say that its the best football game out, even though they havent tried the competition. Man, even the workers at my local GameStop told me that a lot of people returned Madden because they wrent satisfied. But to people like "Dullfin", you can never change they're mind.

d1220
08-28-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins

Wow, I can't believe it! You're right, I am so sorry! I don't know what came over me, can you ever find it in your heart to forgive me?

:puke: I detect a hint of sarcasm here.... lol It's all good. :D Maybe you can explain to a dumb Insurance Agent what the insult meant.... I'm serious, what did you mean by Craftsman?

IHateTheDullphins
08-28-2003, 01:22 PM

:puke: I detect a hint of sarcasm here.... lol It's all good. :D Maybe you can explain to a dumb Insurance Agent what the insult meant.... I'm serious, what did you mean by Craftsman?

Craftsman - Tool.....just messin with ya man.

d1220
08-28-2003, 01:23 PM
I really didn't know.... Tool I understand. I'm not down with the new slang.lol As I said... It's all good!

fabolouspaul
08-28-2003, 01:27 PM
When did Fever come out, yesterday? I will definately try it out. I was a lil disappointed with last years version. But honestly Fever 03 is way better then Madden 04 :rofl:

d1220
08-28-2003, 01:42 PM
Yes, it came out yesterday. Are you on Live? If so, we should play sometime. They made many improvements on Fever this year. Supposedly, they curbed many of the online cheating glitches. Once you play it, I'm pretty sure you'll buy it.

Stewie
08-28-2003, 02:12 PM
Do any of the other games have something simliar to playmaker in Madden 04? Playmaker alone puts Madden above the rest imo...

Dolfan984
08-28-2003, 02:14 PM
I love Madden 2004. Hell, they made the fins tied for the highest ranked team in the league with the Bucs. :)

Ricky starts out a 97, and he jumps to a 99 reeeeaaaalll quick. Henry was the 2nd hardest back I've ever faced. (LT being the hardest for me to defend) He jumps up pretty early too I believe.

IHateTheDullphins
08-28-2003, 02:17 PM
Holmes and Dillon are tough too

fabolouspaul
08-28-2003, 02:26 PM
Ya i got xbox live. My Gamertag is the same as my name here. Whats yours? Ill try to rent Fever this weekend and hopefully I get a refund at Blockbuster for Madden :rofl:. I already reserved ESPN 2k4 which comes out Tues. I heard the new XSN network is great for Fever!

d1220
08-28-2003, 02:28 PM
Fever 04 has a similar playmaker. You can adjust the CB's, LB's and DL in the same manner, and on O you can adjust the hot routes, blocking, and general direction of the chosen play. So it is similar...probably a ripoff of Madden, but it works.lol

d1220
08-28-2003, 02:30 PM
My gamertag is MD1220. I'll add you to my friends list and I'll look for you this weekend. I have pretty much every Live game, so if you're ever looking for someone to play with, send me an invite.

fabolouspaul
08-28-2003, 02:31 PM
My gamertag is MD1220. I'll add you to my friends list and I'll look for you this weekend. I have pretty much every Live game, so if you're ever looking for someone to play with, send me an invite.

Do you got nfl2k3?

d1220
08-28-2003, 02:55 PM
I did. But I gave it to a buddy of mine yesterday. Oh well.lol

fabolouspaul
08-28-2003, 03:09 PM
You should also post on the xbox.com forums. You'll be guaranteed to find legit ballers and not cheeseballers.

THATHURMANATOR
08-28-2003, 04:00 PM

Madden rules man. 2k2 blew maybe 2k3 will be better though.

Game Shark
08-28-2003, 05:05 PM
I've bought Madden, Fever and 2k for the past two years. And I've got to say that the 2k series has been the game that's spent the most time in my XBOX and I think this year will be no different. I've yet to play Fever 2004 but I did buy Madden and I still find myself playing 2k3 more.

Before you go and say it's because I've been getting my ass kicked or I suck at it, I've been playing on Pro and have dominated the computer non-stop. I'll be the first to say that the Playmaker feature is cool but IMO doesn't make up for the inferior gameplay and graphics of Madden. So I think ESPN will be the game for me again this year.

fabolouspaul
08-28-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Game Shark
I've bought Madden, Fever and 2k for the past two years. And I've got to say that the 2k series has been the game that's spent the most time in my XBOX and I think this year will be no different. I've yet to play Fever 2004 but I did buy Madden and I still find myself playing 2k3 more.

Before you go and say it's because I've been getting my ass kicked or I suck at it, I've been playing on Pro and have dominated the computer non-stop. I'll be the first to say that the Playmaker feature is cool but IMO doesn't make up for the inferior gameplay and graphics of Madden. So I think ESPN will be the game for me again this year.

:bf1: :cheers: