PDA

View Full Version : Trade Gary?

kgun12
08-28-2003, 11:58 AM
Just a question.

Everything I read about Chicago's running back is that the staff isn't happy with either back. Neither Thomas or Peterson has shown them anything, so Thomas wins the starting job by default! The way I see it we are going to have to cut Simonton probably next cut date and maybe burns because of numbers at other position. Even if we keep Burns now, if McGahee comes back after 6 weeks Burns is odd man out.

So here is my question: Should we look at a trade with Chicago for O. Gary and try to get some position help at CB, DL, or OL or maybe a draft choice. Just seems to me we are going to lose a decent back in Burns sooner or later. I heard Burns yesterday on the H. Simon show that he knows ST is where he will make the biggest contribution and he loves to play them. Simonton isn't that big a deal but I think Burn might be. What do you think?

ryven
08-28-2003, 12:23 PM
I dont know I have had mixed feelings with Gary since Burns is doing so well in TC I dont think I would be hurt if we got rid of him but at the same time he is a very good runner and would hate to see him go.

bernielivsey_1
08-28-2003, 12:39 PM
When the season starts is when Chicago will know for sure if their RB's cant carry the load. We'll know about our holes too. Thats when there will likely be a trade.

HenryRules
08-28-2003, 06:38 PM
I don't think we need help at CB - I'm pleased with everyone we have there.

I think if we trade Gary, the best idea is to go for a draft pick ... no one that we pick up for Gary, or anyone we trade this late, is really going to be a significant upgrade over anyone that we have at the moment.

HenryRules
08-28-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by bernielivsey_1
When the season starts is when Chicago will know for sure if their RB's cant carry the load. We'll know about our holes too. Thats when there will likely be a trade.

In-season trades are seldom made in the NFL ... I really don't think this will happen.

TigerJ
08-28-2003, 09:34 PM
I think a draft pick is about the best Buffalo could hope for by trading Gary. Buffalo might want to look for a QB since Travis Brown is going to be out in September. However, I doubt they could swing a trade for anyone of comparable value. They may look for cuts from other teams, or they may start the season with two healthy QBs and Jason Johnson on the PS. That's a bit risky if you happen to get two QBs hurt in the same game, but the odds aren't real high you're gonna win with a third string QB in the game anyway. I only heard it on radio, but Jason Johnson sounded as if he were very poised in the Detroit game. Yes, I know preseason means nothing, but I'm so used to third string QBs for Buffalo looking like little leaguers in preseason games that I'm easily impressed when one sounds like he knows what he's doing.

kgun12
08-31-2003, 05:39 PM
OK OK so I had the wrong NFC central (norris) team! But anyway

Thank You! Thank you! :laughter: