X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • muestafa1
    • Apr 2003

Sports Writer Says We'll Go 7-9 and Finish 3rd in Division

This guy from the AP predicted Buffalo will do worse than last year. He talks about all the great additions New England has made but when it gets time to talking about Buffalo he says:

The Bills struggled on defense, so they shored it up by acquiring linebackers Takeo Spikes and Jeff Posey. Spikes would have been a Pro Bowler several times had he not been buried in Cincinnati, and Posey had a breakout season in Houston.

But teams that make dramatic moves often flatten out the next season. Bledsoe's two worst games last season were losses to New England.

So how come New England's pickups are the best thing since sliced bread, but our pickups will cause us to flatten out this year???

Give me a break! :hammeru:

His Predictions: 1. New England (11-5); 2. Miami (9-7); 3. Buffalo (7-9); 4. New York Jets (5-11).
    Last edited by muestafa1; 08-28-2003, 04:04 PM.
  • venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

i hate idiots.

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
      • Jul 2002

ya, i remember the year before when we made big additions...those sure flattened us out huh? we only increased our win total by 5. geez.
      Its all about the quest.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
        • Jul 2002

I'm feeling flatter already.

Comment

• Billz_fan
          • Jan 2003

Wys wrote the article
          The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• lordofgun
            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

I like idiots. They make me feel even smarter.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• MDFINFAN
              • Jun 2003

See, when writers don't pick you guys, you go nuts too..LOL

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

We all know that Colvin was the premier pickup of the offseason, way better than Spikes.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• TedMock
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  We all know that Colvin was the premier pickup of the offseason, way better than Spikes.
                  Two totally different styles. Don't get me wrong, Colvin's a great pass rushing linebacker but I'd say Spikes is the overall better LB. He's a WLB so he won't produce the sacks that Colvin will at SLB but Spikes is faster and will account for way more tackles than Colvin. Spikes has 567 career tackles and Colvin's under 200. I think around 180. Colvin has played one less season but even so it's not close. Again, they play different positions so it's a tough call but I still think Spikes is the better overall player.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
                    See, when writers don't pick you guys, you go nuts too..LOL

And finfans don't.

I could care less what so called "media experts" predict. They are almost always wrong so it is better not to be picked by them

Comment

• Judge
                      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by TedMock

Two totally different styles. Don't get me wrong, Colvin's a great pass rushing linebacker but I'd say Spikes is the overall better LB. He's a WLB so he won't produce the sacks that Colvin will at SLB but Spikes is faster and will account for way more tackles than Colvin. Spikes has 567 career tackles and Colvin's under 200. I think around 180. Colvin has played one less season but even so it's not close. Again, they play different positions so it's a tough call but I still think Spikes is the better overall player.
                      Well said.
                      Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by TedMock
                        Guys, I was being sarcastic. I like Spikes much more than Colvin.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• BillsMan80
                          Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
                          • Jul 2002

If it makes anyone feel better, both SI and the Sporting News picked us to go to the playoffs.
                          The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
                          THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

I don't know if it is fair to compare the 2 players, they aren't playing similar positions. First of all, tackles are not an official stat, they vary widely from team-to-team. Second, Spikes played middle LB his first 2 seasons, and has always been a run-first position. Thus, he doesn't get the same opportunities to rush the passer.

They are both very good players.

Comment

• The Spaz
                              • Mar 2003

Tackles isn't an official stat? What goes on when you try to bring downs the ball carrier, what is is called again dang I forget....lol:)!

Comment

Working...
                              X