PDA

View Full Version : Is this Jenning's last year?

Kicker22705
08-28-2003, 10:08 PM
nothing to back this up with, just pure speculation.

Jenning's in his last year of his contract, and he'll command a lot of money in free agency. he's young and talently showing his versitility by playing both tackle positions and center.

We already have Willaims making 5+ mil, Ruben Brown making 3-4 mil, and Teague making around mil and 1/2. i don't know if we can afford paying Jennings what he deserves.

We also have to look at the players we have to resign. I only know of two, but two who will also command quite a bit of money. Pat Williams is due for a huge payday and so is Winfield.

Are we in the cap situation to resign all three. If I were to pick from the two, frankly i would pick Willaims and Winfield.

With us moving Sullivan from right guard to backup left tackle makes me wonder even more. We have two decent backup tackles who have the talent to start in Sullivan and Price, but lack experience. We didnt miss a beat with Price when Jennings or Williams went down last year.

I just hope i'm wrong about something, and theres a miricle way for us to keep all three.

venis2k1
08-28-2003, 10:17 PM
dont quote me on this, but i think he is signed through 2004 the season.

venis2k1
08-28-2003, 10:17 PM
I think winfeild is the only starter going into the last year of his contract this year.

Pride
08-28-2003, 10:22 PM
correct

this is only Jennings 3rd year I believe.

BillsFever
08-29-2003, 12:01 AM
I doubt TD will sign Pat Williams when his contract is up unless it's a cap friendly deal.

Pat will be about 32 or 33 when his contract is up. That's about the age DT's lose their edge.

I feel we need to draft a big time DT in the first round next year to take Williams place. He isn't getting any younger.

Actually I think Drew and Pat will be gone after 2004. We will have to shell out a lot of money to a 33 year old Drew Bledsoe and Pat Williams.

Drew and Pat won't be worth the money their contracts demand and will both probably be driven out of town. Donahoe doesn't really sign older players that won't be good long enought to earn the money the will be paid.

Pride
08-29-2003, 07:16 AM
33 for a QB is young, actually some would say that is their prime. Look at the QB's around the league. Gannon, Warner, etc.

ArcticWildMan
08-29-2003, 10:52 AM
Drew isn't going anywhere. He's cheap compared to some of the other QB's around the league.

Next year the draft class for QB's is supposed to be fairly fat, so hopefully we draft a quality guy and let Drew mentor him for 2-3 years.

venis2k1
08-29-2003, 12:26 PM
33 for a qb is young, but bledsoe started early (20 years old i belive) and has taken more of a beating than any QB ive ever seen.

The_Philster
08-29-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1
33 for a qb is young, but bledsoe started early (20 years old i belive) and has taken more of a beating than any QB ive ever seen.

What about Kelly?

BillsFever
08-30-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Pride
33 for a QB is young, actually some would say that is their prime. Look at the QB's around the league. Gannon, Warner, etc.

Gannon was a backup for most of his career till he joined the Raiders. Kurt Warner didn't even come onto the scene till 4 years ago.

Bledsoe has a lot more games and beatings then either of them QB's had taken by the time they were 31 years old.

Sure he might be able to play till he's 36 but he won't be that effective till he's 36.

Michael82
08-30-2003, 03:45 AM
Actually the interesting thing is.....

It is Marques Sullivan's last year. Hmmm. Why would he stay after being tossed aside now? :scratch: